Labor a trick or treat? Will any of us have a Halloween baby? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nothing going on here but excited to see if any of us go into labor on Halloween.

I went 8 days early with my son and so that would fall on Halloween if this little one decides to do the same, however no signs of that happening right now, and I'm not too sure my kids would be pleased if labor got in the way of trick or treating

Maria
stay at home mom to 2 girls 11/20/03,3/09/07 and 2 boys  2/28/05 and 11/16/10 and one on the way 1/13/12

#2 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 07:35 AM

it would be a great birthday!

im doubtful that i will be so lucky, but we shall see..

i hope someone has a Halloween babe!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#3 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 09:10 AM

This was my guess, but I doubt now that it happens. I feel like my body is so ready. I'm crazy low, cervix dilated yesterday even more, have lost my mucus plug twice now.......but nothing yet.

However, the logistics of going into labor when my kids are already (at 7:15am) wanting to go trick-or-treating would be a giant pain. So, maybe they have a compassionate little sister who is waiting for them to have their fun first.
#4 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Griswold View Post
This was my guess, but I doubt now that it happens. I feel like my body is so ready. I'm crazy low, cervix dilated yesterday even more, have lost my mucus plug twice now.......but nothing yet.

However, the logistics of going into labor when my kids are already (at 7:15am) wanting to go trick-or-treating would be a giant pain. So, maybe they have a compassionate little sister who is waiting for them to have their fun first.
excatly.. i would love to go into labour at like 9pm (after we get home from our farm party) and have baby by midnight. but i may be VERY tired by then.. and our house will probably be trashed.. so, not ideal. but who can plan these things anways...

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#5 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

How about it. My kids have been asking me too if we can go ToTing. AND, they've already asked for candy. *puke*

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#6 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Dh has been insisting all along baby will come today. Last night I lost a huge mucous chunk and he is all excited. I want baby to come in 1-2 weeks, but so long as baby comes after midnight, I suppose that is fine. We already went ToTing here last night.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#7 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 12:11 PM

delete

Mommy to Little Girl, Age 3. Baby Boy, Age 8 months.  caffix.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#8 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 01:09 PM

I'd prefer not to have a baby today either, since I have a VERY excited little girl who's going T or Ting for the first time tonight, and I really don't want to miss out on that. Labor is more than welcome to start after we get home though

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#9 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 02:53 PM

Maybe she's not compassionate at all......I just had some bloody show. But, I've cried wolf before..........

Somebody tell me to not get my hopes up.
#10 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Maybe she's not compassionate at all......I just had some bloody show. But, I've cried wolf before..........

Somebody tell me to not get my hopes up.
But you have the best of both worlds, right? You either get to have a baby (yay!) or you get to take your kids out ToTing. It's win/win!

No chance I'll be going into labour today. None.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#11 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Ellen-troublesome little girl already? You know, you could be starting but baby will surely hold out until after ToTing, right? Like...9 pm?

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#12 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 04:09 PM

ive been having contractions today i get them everyday but they are a bit too regular this morning, i hope this baby waits till at least after trick or treating

bfinfant.gifcd.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifmomsling.GIFsewmachine.gifknit.gifMama to Gavin, Lily, and Soren 
#13 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Ellen-troublesome little girl already? You know, you could be starting but baby will surely hold out until after ToTing, right? Like...9 pm?
I'm thinking Reformation Day baby (Nov. 1) is a lot more likely. I'd love to go fast....but since I'm not even having contractions and there are only 9 more hours left of the day, that sounds like a little more frantic than I'd like.

However, dh is hoping we can just "get this done already" since he has a catered textbook dinner tomorrow night at the best restaurant in town. I'm crazy jealous.
#14 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yk, I took an EPO capsule yesterday morning & last night before bed. Then I contracted all night long. I took another this morning and felt okay all day until about 2 hours ago when I suddenly felt sort of period-crampy - which has *never* happened until labor for me. But I sat down & relaxed and feel okay now - just a little pinchy in the cervix. I have absolutely no feelings like I'll go into labor today, but there are definitely "things" going on. I'll end up going until 40 weeks fer sure.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#15 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 05:55 PM

I had some serious contractions for a solid 2 hours last night. I am 36 weeks on Tuesday, so it would have been too early for a homebirth, but I will take the little guy when he is ready. I don't want to go to 42 weeks again! DH was sure I was in labor, so he decided it would be a great time to team up and clean the kitchen. Needless to say, I didn't feel like doing dishes, so he had to do them himself. The contractions petered out (right after he finished cleaning), so DD won't miss and trick or treating afterall.

June Bug- 3 years and growing, Baby Emmett- 8 months and on the move!

#16 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 06:00 PM

I really don't want the baby to come today for a couple reasons.

1) DS would be so sad if he didn't get to wear his blue frog costume one more time.
2) My sister doesn't get here until Tuesday so I would have to disturb someone else's Halloween plans if I went into labor. I would feel really bad about that!

So I'm cooking and cleaning today instead.

Best of luck to anyone who does want to have a baby today, though!

Vegan family since 2011 - Wonderful DS1 born 1/08. Treasured DS2  born 11/10.

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." - Maya Angelou

#17 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 07:09 PM

Darth Vadar and the pink fairy princess just left here to hit the town. No action here (unless you count the indigestion I'm going to get from eating all the candy....)
#18 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 09:27 PM

Trick or treating absolutely wiped me out. I've been having cramps off and on for weeks but now I'm just sore all over. I'm having a glass of wine and going to bed early. Happy Halloween mamas-- on to November!
#19 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 10:37 PM

trick or treating at 39weeks is hard! up and down the mountain hills with my other children has my feet and calves aching! a little cramping off and on all week, and very sporadic contractions. not sue til next weekend...but definatly feeling like things are starting to get ready. i think i have a few more days though....
#20 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 10:53 PM

I've been coaxing baby to stay put until tomorrow so that DD could enjoy tot'ing for the first time. I was hoping all of our walking tonight would get things going... I guess we'll see. I feel good except I'm pretty sure I have a UTI. Yesterday it was extremely uncomfortable all day, but today hasn't been as bad. I'm going to call my mw in the morning if I'm still having issues.

I'm really, really, REALLY hoping baby makes a move this week! As of NOW, I'm ready. I've got enough going on to keep me busy this week if need be, but I'd rather be busy with a newborn!

Can't wait to hear if we have any Halloween babies!
#21 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 11:46 PM

i really hope i go into labor through the night- i really dont want to go in for my weekly ivig infusion it will be #19 ugh id rather be in the hospital with my baby not with the meds.

Good luck overnight ladies!

bfinfant.gifcd.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifmomsling.GIFsewmachine.gifknit.gifMama to Gavin, Lily, and Soren 
#22 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 02:41 AM

no october babe for me..boohoo... its almost 11pm and not a contraction in sight. i did get some good ones walking round town for trick-or-treating but once we stopped they stopped. the party was grand and the kids were exhausted after and are all fast asleep... my house is tidied up and there is a nice fire burning in the wood stove..but yeah. i guess im having a 2nd november baby. i will be over it in the morning.

i really hope someone posts that they had a baby tonight though!

(((sewcool)))

Quote:

#23 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 11:01 AM

No Halloween babies in this DDC? Anyone heard from Lemon? She hasn't posted in a couple of days...

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page