Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

delete

Mommy to Little Girl, Age 3. Baby Boy, Age 8 months.  caffix.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#32 of 41 Old 11-02-2010, 01:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Pineapple (raw) contained bromelain which can help ripen your cervix. We talked about it on here awhile back. I'll try and link to it tomorrow (I'm on the iPod).

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#33 of 41 Old 11-02-2010, 01:44 AM

I still have a ways to go, I'm sure, but I'll be 37 weeks on Wednesday! DH is going out of town for a few days at the end of the week, so no baby before Sunday for me, please. :-)

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH
#34 of 41 Old 11-02-2010, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Griswold View Post
I have to turn on the lights. I cannot handle NOT knowing.
I love that there is a place where other ladies share my toilet paper checking habits. I NEVER forget to look!

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#35 of 41 Old 11-02-2010, 02:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyoats View Post
what is it about pineapple??? it's an induction method?? never heard of that one. i have totally eaten almost two full pineapples this weekend, for no other reason other than they sounded sooooo goood.
I had sweet and sour pork, which included a slice of (presumably canned) pineapple, less than 12 hours before my water broke. Obviously it worked

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#36 of 41 Old 11-02-2010, 02:43 AM

I can't believe it's November! It's BABY MONTH!!

I am definitely somewhere between and especially as stressful as the last day or two have been and before that I was battling anxiety, too... But I've got clothes sorted and ready to wash (just as soon as our pipes are clear ) and then just have to wash diapers... And doing those things makes it feel much more real!

I went to church Sunday ready to tell people that we have 2-3 more weeks to go (I was 37 as of Friday). I have been feeling like we really *could* be ready and having a baby at the 2 week mark. And that's, really, 11-12 days away! That's NEXT WEEK!!!

My MW assured me I wasn't going to go into labor today because I was too stressed. I'll be ready and waiting anytime after next Tuesday when family leaves town - family that I'm not particularly close to and just can't bear to have waiting for me.

Really hard to believe November is already here. I've been waiting forever, it seems!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#37 of 41 Old 11-02-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelotmom View Post
I had sweet and sour pork, which included a slice of (presumably canned) pineapple, less than 12 hours before my water broke. Obviously it worked
I ate a whole one with #1 the day before she came out. They were threatening inducement that monday (it was a friday) and my dh-then best friend read something about it and bought me one. I ate it, walked at the store a bunch, went on a bumpy car ride, and then had her the next day on my due date.

But it didn't work for #3 or #4 when I tried pineapple. I ate like 4 with #4 and was in excruciating mouth pain. Not worth it!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#38 of 41 Old 11-02-2010, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
I ate a whole one with #1 the day before she came out. They were threatening inducement that monday (it was a friday) and my dh-then best friend read something about it and bought me one. I ate it, walked at the store a bunch, went on a bumpy car ride, and then had her the next day on my due date.

But it didn't work for #3 or #4 when I tried pineapple. I ate like 4 with #4 and was in excruciating mouth pain. Not worth it!
Yeah, I ate enough last week that my mouth was not happy.
#39 of 41 Old 11-02-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliversmommy View Post
I have been totally nesting (though not due until the 26th). And the last 8 days I DROPPED in a crazy manner---I went from big, to huge, to gynormous!

But we had some fun last night: Pumpkin Belly!
So cute! We did a pumpkin belly here too -- nice side benefit to still being pregnant at Halloween! I had had DD1 by now, so this is new pregnancy territory for me.

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
#40 of 41 Old 11-02-2010, 01:38 PM

Akk! We are not ready!! I almost had a halloween baby-see my thread. We JUST got moved in this weekend and the house is still a disaster!!! No baby clothes washed, yet; no diapers fluffed, my bag isn't packed, and the car is disgusting! I hope she just holds out another week.
#41 of 41 Old 11-02-2010, 04:03 PM

I love the pumpkin bellies! Oliversmommy, your boys are absolutely adorable!

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page