I cant stand it anymore! I'm find it impossible to stay zen!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-03-2010, 04:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

delete

Mommy to Little Girl, Age 3. Baby Boy, Age 8 months.  caffix.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2010, 10:00 AM

I am right there with you mama! Could've written your post.. I'm even due on Saturday too. Here's to hoping the time passes quickly, and that we fill it with happy memories with our little ones and don't get too anxious waiting on our new babies.

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

Old 11-03-2010, 10:02 AM

I hear ya. DD came at exactly 38 weeks, ds at 39....and a couple days. Tomorrow is 38 weeks for this one. COME OUT!!!!!!!!! I've actually accomplished virtually everything on my before baby list. I'm still working on her stocking, but I am WAY further than I ever expected to be. And I still have some people to cross of the Christmas list, but virtual shopping is pretty easy with a newborn.

The only person in worse shape is my dh. He wants this baby SO BAD! The man has no patience.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:50 PM

I've never been one for being zen about the whole thing. In theory, I love it, but reality? No dice!

I check my cervix every few days, and frankly it's kind of nice to know that these crazy contractions and ouchy cervical feelings are doing something. I know it doesn't mean I'll have the baby today, or tomorrow, but at least I know that I'm getting somewhere, right? (and I should note, I don't hit 37w until Friday, but both boys were born in week 38 so....)

Anyway. At the end of the weekend, my cervix was 4-5 cm or so, but now I can't find it...so at least I know there's progress. I say, embrace your non-zen!

Happy SAHM Mom and CBE to three jumpers.gifboys:  DS1 (11/06), DS2 (7/08), DS3 (11/10) and D?4 (12/12)!

Old 11-03-2010, 01:45 PM

I'm due on Saturday too! And DD came out at 39 and 6...sooooo. Man, I really don't want to reach my due date. I'm so over this. I've been having tons of prodromal stuff but it still doesn't tell me when this little one is going to come out. JUST COME OUT!

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
Old 11-03-2010, 03:29 PM

(((HUG)))

i go back and forth between being So impatient then kind of panicky because im not sure im totally ready.. there is always something else to finish up, tidy up, sort out.

Im finding planning things ahead helpful. we have stuff going on tomorrow, so it wouldn't be such a great day..and then next Monday i have a class i really want to attend, so baby could wait till Tuesday.. and my mom is here till Sunday and I kind of dont want her here when baby is born, so he will probably hold out till after that, right? all of these things keep my mind off how hard it is to wait these last few days/weeks.. of course its all just a smoke screen. i would be happy to have baby right NOW

knitting is also helpful to me. i have been loving sitting in front of the wood stove in my rocking chair while my LO's play knitting soft things for baby and myself. its very meditative and calming, but productive at the same time.

soon we will all be wondering where the time has gone and we will have year old babies!..im trying to cherish these moments, as hard as they can be..especially the time i have with my youngest DD because once baby is here it will never be exactly the same, you know?

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 11-03-2010, 03:31 PM

Nice to know I have company. I am due on Friday and three of mine have come early 37-39 weeks and 2 over the due date by 2 and 4 days. Funny thing the girls were 'late' and covered w/ vernix the boys were early and vernix free!!! hehe No idea on gender this time so that isn't helping although if I go over I will be very surprised if it is a boy! I am totally not zen either right now. We moved 450 miles(to be close to family again) at 32 weeks and I started pre laboring at 35 weeks so I have been ready for ever it feels like! I am getting sick of the well meaning phone calls of friends and family. I love you, just do not call to ask about the baby!!!!! Good luck mommas to all of us feeling crazy and ready to meet these beautiful peanuts!

wife to an amazing hippie man, momma to many~3 DS/ 3DD  novaxnoIRC.gif homebirth.jpgcd.gif homeschool.gif
Old 11-03-2010, 07:47 PM

Knitting is helping to maintain my sanity a bit too...I find it relaxing and I also keep thinking 'oh, can't have it today, I don't have this sweater done yet'

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
Old 11-03-2010, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I'm a proud zen dropout. It takes everything I have not to check my cervix every time I go pee and to make a mental list of what to do every time I have a BH ctx. I likely will not go for at least another week, but it's starting to get real, I saw babies in the nursery at the hospital today and that made my heart melt, and I'm officially through with everything baby needs to wait on!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 11-03-2010, 08:38 PM

i'm due on saturday too! and feel the same way. ia m so ready to meet our baby already! i wonder which saturday mama will have their baby first!?
Old 11-03-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
I'm a proud zen dropout. It takes everything I have not to check my cervix every time I go pee and to make a mental list of what to do every time I have a BH ctx.
Thank God I'm not alone.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:34 AM

I hear you, mama!!! You are not alone. I am also due on Saturday, and DD1 was born at 39w exactly, so I have never been pregnant this long before! I am certainly not zen any longer :P

I am not having any regular ctx, though tonight the ones I do have are making my cervix hurt! Last week I had a whole bunch of ctx for 3 days straight, but nothing *shrug*. I keep telling myself -- definitely by Thanksgiving. Gahhhhhh!!!!

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am so torn!! I am going back and forth between "Baby's not coming anytime soon... these ctxs and pressure and all that will peter out and baby will come next week," to "But this COULD be the beginnings of early labor because the ctxs are painful and more consistent and I always have a long lead-up that just never stops until baby comes, so this COULD be it very soon!"

Then my mom said tonight (not knowing I've been having *something* happening for 24+ hours already) that baby can't come until after Friday or Saturday because of big school events she's in charge of. And, I'd really rather baby wait until family that just came into town leaves... And so next Wednesday is about the first open day I have. That's also right about when I started labor with DS3... It's just so hard not knowing what is going on and what to prepare for!

And, yes, it's getting much harder to resist checking for progress.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:48 AM - Thread Starter

delete

Mommy to Little Girl, Age 3. Baby Boy, Age 8 months.  caffix.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Old 11-04-2010, 10:04 AM

This baby has 3 1/2 hours to make an appearance if she wants to beat her sister gestational-wise. Ain't.gonna.happen.

Oh course, kitty's labor gives me a little hope.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:32 PM

I really don't know how people stay zen. I just don't have it in my DNA. I'm now, like Kitty was, having a hard time not checking my cervix every time I pee---though since I can't reach it anymore, not really sure what I'd be looking for.

I'm so desperate that I just asked DH if he'd wash his hands really good and check for me. He refused. BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Happy SAHM Mom and CBE to three jumpers.gifboys:  DS1 (11/06), DS2 (7/08), DS3 (11/10) and D?4 (12/12)!

Old 11-04-2010, 01:42 PM

I was also So sure this baby would come early or at the same gestation as his brother (39+2?) but now im thinking maybe its a girl and going to take after her sisters and be 42 weeks *sigh* it sure is hard to be zen some days..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 11-04-2010, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
i go back and forth between being So impatient then kind of panicky because im not sure im totally ready.. there is always something else to finish up, tidy up, sort out.
Exactly how I feel too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
Im finding planning things ahead helpful. we have stuff going on tomorrow, so it wouldn't be such a great day..and then next Monday i have a class i really want to attend, so baby could wait till Tuesday.. and my mom is here till Sunday and I kind of dont want her here when baby is born, so he will probably hold out till after that, right? all of these things keep my mind off how hard it is to wait these last few days/weeks.. of course its all just a smoke screen. i would be happy to have baby right NOW
And yes to all of this too.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:12 PM

I am trying to be chill about this baby but everyone seems to be encouraging the crazy! My MW says "oh, I'm sure I'll see you before your next appt." The chiro says "just shoot me an email next week after the birth and I'll find time to work you in." Every time I touch my belly my DD (who is 5) asks "is BabySister ready to come out?"

Maybe I just need to book next week solid with activities, that will guarantee that I'll go into labor!

User Tag List