When baby slows down... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-06-2010, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How slow are we talking? Mine seems to give the smallest stretch or wiggle, but lately, there is not much else. He's cramped, I wouldn't expect kicks, but it just seems like there is not much activity lately. A little here, a little there, lots of nothing. When do I worry? I did have a brief check-up with our shadow care folks on Thurs, and his hb was 160 (higher than it usually is), so I know he's still ticking away in there. Just inactive.

Kim. My heart is full! Wife to Ray, Mama to 3 boys!  "Big C", our boy with designer genes, "Little C", and "Baby M" 11/2010.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2010, 03:32 AM

My baby has really slowed down the past week or so..... it makes me nervous occasionally but every time I check babe has a decent heart rate and good accelerations when it does make movements. I'm assuming that I'm having another large baby (my last was 9lbs.. i'm 5'1 and very petite) and there just isn't any room for lots of moving around. I also think it's going through a growth spurt and gets quiet at those times. Or perhaps I can wishfully think it's prepping for the journey ahead, reserving all his/her energy. My gut says things are well for me... if your gut says different then by all means get in to be seen. ♥

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

Old 11-06-2010, 03:13 PM

Yeah, mine has slowed down quite a bit. He has active times every once in a while, but it's not like the constant movement I had like a month ago.

Erica - Wife to Justin, mama to Anna (9.06), Ben (6.08) and Caden (11.10)

Old 11-06-2010, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mine seems slower, too. I get some major stretching but not nearly as much kicking and such.

Still, this is when kick counts are useful. Drink some juice, lay down, and count how many movements you get. There are various recommendations for how many per hour. Ten/hour comes to mind but google or ask your CP. There are kick count apps, too.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
And above all else... If you feel like there's something wrong, get checked out. I'm a firm believer in mama's intuition above even other indicators.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Mine got lazier a couple of days before labor but was insanely active for the 8 hours before labor started.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 11-06-2010, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Nic, I'm as short as you are, and probably you are right, there is just not much space left to move.

Kitty, it is funny, my guy gets super active, and then I get a bunch of prodromal labor. I guess what makes me nervous is that hasn't happened in a few days.

I have felt him move more today. So, I at least feel good about that. It sounds like a lot of our little ones are starting to slow down.

Kim. My heart is full! Wife to Ray, Mama to 3 boys!  "Big C", our boy with designer genes, "Little C", and "Baby M" 11/2010.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:52 PM

I'm a little jealous because my beast has not slowed down at all, and there is NO room left for all this movement! Emma knees me constantly and it hurts. I wish she would get the memo that she's supposed to slow down and give my poor belly a break. Every time she kicks I get BH too. Tons of fun!

Jennie, mama to Wyatt (3/25/09) and Emma (11/22/10) novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpg

User Tag List