***Weekly Chat Thread November 6th-November 12th*** - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 152 Old 11-11-2010, 08:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

(((((HUGS TO EVERYONE)))))

hEATHER, oOoH, i HOPE THIS IS IT FOR YOU!

Ak. I'm seriously having issues today. i made tea but forgot to put the kettle on rolleyes.gif and for some reason everything I post is wacky.

I did get my bathroom washed up to a sparkle yesterday, thanks MZminty love.gif  its very nice and I plan to have a long hot soak in there today. of course it will last all of a day because my kids love to sink muck, but whatever.. I also vacuumed every corner of the house, dusted and fussed with all sorts of other things. my kids rooms are trashed again so that's on my list and changing my bed linens to non white because whenever it does happen i dont want to accidentally get blood on my favorite white duvet lol.gif

i also have hopes of getting to town today for a few things.. but ever since my Chiro appt. on Tuesday my right foot has been insanely sore. it makes no sense but something in my adjustment caused this cramp in my right foot on the outside under my arch that has yet to go away. its keeping me from doing too much, which is probably a good thing..but frustrating because its just another addition to my hobble.

so im knitting as much as i can, and keeping the house tidy in between.

im working on a cowl and hat for myself..i rarely knit anything for me, it feels good!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#122 of 152 Old 11-11-2010, 08:59 AM

got some good news at my apt this morning smile.gif  my cervix is 1-2 cm, very soft, 70% effaced, and "moving forward" in position. my mw said i will probably have a few more days of starts and stops before it turns into "real" labor but that he should be here soon (maybe over the weekend!) and i should have a very efficient labor. smile.gif i am feeling a lot more at peace now, knowing my body is doing SOMETHING and that the end is near.. she also said he's probably waiting on me to get all better from my sinus cold. wink1.gif

unfortunately though, Liam is sick again. we just keep passing this crap back and forth. I am so frustrated.

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#123 of 152 Old 11-11-2010, 09:25 AM

Hi everyone - I'm still here!  Had a choir rehearsal last night for our concert today - I started the season not knowing if I'd be singing in the Remembrance Day concert or holding a newborn, but I'm still pregnant...  We're doing 2 sets of pieces with guitar and baby starts moving around like crazy when we sing them...a future musician, maybe?

hug2.gif to all the overdue mamas - I know all too well what that feels like, and will probably be in your camp again this time, too!  My due date isn't until next week, so I've got a few more days yet.

My younger sister is coming into town today, and since my sil is taking the kids all day tomorrow, my sister and I are going to have a day of sisterly things, like going out for lunch, going yarn shopping and knitting.  I'm really looking forward to it!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#124 of 152 Old 11-11-2010, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Catie, so glad for your good news!

I'm sitting at the park because my MW recommended active walking (ie, not strolling/waddling) to see if baby's position needs to be improved. I will probably go find some stairs to walk, too. I'm seriously bummed and frustrated because I was contracting the whole night until I got up. greensad.gif I've had some since but not much. I was pretty convinced it would keep going but afraid it wouldn't - and here I am with barely anything going on. Even talking to my MW isn't encouraging at this point. She did say I can start homeopathic cohoshes tonight or tomorrow if I want to, tho there's no specific need for it now.

I'm hoping it all picks up again this afternoon as it has daily for the last week or so. I'm just so tired of not knowing what's going on.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#125 of 152 Old 11-11-2010, 11:57 AM

Well, between having a 4 day old baby and all the changes here, I just can't keep up!  So many new arrivals too!  So far Clara seems like a pretty laid back baby, and I'm feeling really good (yay for a fast, drug free labor!).  DD of course came down with a cold and has been a bit miserable, but she's quite excited to be a big sister, it's really nice.

ELV's to all the mama's in labor or about to be!

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#126 of 152 Old 11-11-2010, 12:19 PM

Bummer Heather... it has to be soon now though!  

I went to my appointment this AM, had a biophysical profile-- the babies are doing great and still both head down.   But my regular doctor wasn't there so I'll go back on Tuesday to see her (if I haven't given birth yet!).  They told me to come in first thing Tuesday so if we do decide to induce my dr will be there the whole day.  Still not sure how I feel about that. My other favorite dr is on call Friday and Monday-- so those would be good days to give birth too.  Hear that babies?  

My older ones are soooo impatient and it doesn't help that today they're home from school and stir-crazy.  I'm trying to get motivated to bring them to the park.  

#127 of 152 Old 11-11-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatherine185 View Post

got some good news at my apt this morning smile.gif  my cervix is 1-2 cm, very soft, 70% effaced, and "moving forward" in position. my mw said i will probably have a few more days of starts and stops before it turns into "real" labor but that he should be here soon (maybe over the weekend!) and i should have a very efficient labor. smile.gif i am feeling a lot more at peace now, knowing my body is doing SOMETHING and that the end is near.. she also said he's probably waiting on me to get all better from my sinus cold. wink1.gif

unfortunately though, Liam is sick again. we just keep passing this crap back and forth. I am so frustrated.

That's great news for your progress, not so much for the cold.

I was similar today at my appt- 1-1.5cm, 50%, forward and squishy. 

In my engineering head I count things in 4's so the 12th or the 16th would be great.  DH is the 4th, I'm the 8th, and DD is the 20th.  What are the chances of that though!

Meghan, Married to Scott, Mother to Audrey- 2, and Expecting Nov 10th
#128 of 152 Old 11-11-2010, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Amy-glad both babies look good and are head down. my son is getting impatient or rather he wants a real answer as to when the baby is coming. I've been telling him for months that the baby would be here after Halloween and before Christmas. Well now it is in that range so he wants to know when! I tell him maybe tomorrow or maybe a couple weeks. That doesn't really satisfy a 4 year old.

Catie and Heather-hopefully soon!

Laura-glad you are feeling so good that quick! Sorry your other daughter is sick greensad.gif

Nothing really here other than me being lazy and not wanting to really do much of anything.

Am I crazy for wanting a new infant car seat? The one I have is still good (by dates) but it was stored in my parents' garage. My parents smoked in the garage for a while and but quit a couple years ago. I took off the cover and washed it but the foam under the cover still smells and the so does the shade part of the seat that I can't figure out how to wash. Do you think it matters? It doesn't smell strong but *I* can smell it. Ugh. I can't believe how much my parents used to smoke. The only reason they stopped smoking in the house is because I was pregnant with my son and said I wasn't coming over unless they stopped smoking in the house so they smoked in the garage instead and finally quit. They smoked in the house and in the car my whole life so I always reeked of cigarette smoke.

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
#129 of 152 Old 11-11-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaGoat View Post

Amy-glad both babies look good and are head down. my son is getting impatient or rather he wants a real answer as to when the baby is coming. I've been telling him for months that the baby would be here after Halloween and before Christmas. Well now it is in that range so he wants to know when! I tell him maybe tomorrow or maybe a couple weeks. That doesn't really satisfy a 4 year old.

Catie and Heather-hopefully soon!

Laura-glad you are feeling so good that quick! Sorry your other daughter is sick greensad.gif

Nothing really here other than me being lazy and not wanting to really do much of anything.

Am I crazy for wanting a new infant car seat? The one I have is still good (by dates) but it was stored in my parents' garage. My parents smoked in the garage for a while and but quit a couple years ago. I took off the cover and washed it but the foam under the cover still smells and the so does the shade part of the seat that I can't figure out how to wash. Do you think it matters? It doesn't smell strong but *I* can smell it. Ugh. I can't believe how much my parents used to smoke. The only reason they stopped smoking in the house is because I was pregnant with my son and said I wasn't coming over unless they stopped smoking in the house so they smoked in the garage instead and finally quit. They smoked in the house and in the car my whole life so I always reeked of cigarette smoke.

I would get a new carseat if it were me.. i cannot STAND the smell of cigarettes.. and especially for a tiny baby, that can't be good for him/her to smell. JMO

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#130 of 152 Old 11-11-2010, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I also would get a new one.  I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#131 of 152 Old 11-11-2010, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Catie- That is what I am thinking. I was just wondering if I was overreacting to a little bit of a smell. My husband for sure is going to think I am crazy. I was planning on using it and figured it would be fine if I washed the cover but I didn't realize there were parts of it that would retain the smell other than the cover. Oh well. I know it will bug me if I don't buy a new one. Off to figure out which car seat to buy. 

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
#132 of 152 Old 11-11-2010, 04:19 PM

get a new one.. that sounds gross! just make sure you wash the new one well.. they often have nasty chemicals on them.

amy, joy.gif for happy, healthy, head-down babies! love.gif

Misa, I told my kids Halloween and now that its long past they are wondering what is going on.. I keep telling them "a few more days", "a few more weeks".. but at his point it feels hopeless.. even though i know its not.

the days are actually going by really fast and we always have something fun to do. we did a ton of yard clean up/getting things ready for winter and my SIL and nieces came and played and had tea. dp made pumpkin pies from a big yummy pumpkin that we grew (the house smells SO good) and then after he went to work my LO's and I walked over to my mw's house to pick up our weekly raw milk/yogurt delivery and ended up hanging out there for quite a while. my girls love her kids (she has triplet 7 YO girls and a younger son) and she and i always have something to talk about..  on the way there we picked a ton of elderberries for making medicine syrup (something i have been meaning to do all week)..so im working on that (well i was before i sat down.. de-stemming elderberries takes forever and a day) im feeling productive today anyways.

oh, and my friends here are planning my BlessingWay for Sunday, so that should be nice. hopefully baby stays in till after that now :P they have been wanting to do it since before i got sick..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#133 of 152 Old 11-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Banned

thanks, all

and misa, whoa! so glad all is well

booooo to colds!!!

so the midwife lent me a glucose thingy, sais she didnt think it was anything except that since my mom had gd with her 3rd maybe its worth checking.  she's not worried about the birth-- which is odd, I know i need to lose weight but its gotta wait for now.  I want to say hey i am actually very educated and dont eat crap, i just eat too much of certain (organic, whole) foods that are easy to grab while my life has sucked, plus if i dont work out for an hour a day I gain, and I had no choice about working and I hate this situation way more than anyone!  but whatever!  i did two 1 hour after meal checks already and they were totally normal, 104 and 106 so i feel muuuuch better now.  can't wait to see the fasting one in the AM.  gotta go buy strips and do a few days.  i think i can stop then-- she was saying we would first tweak my diet and then do a 3 hr test and all-- but hey if all my readings are normal I assume I'll be done with the hassle

sorry for typos I have a big girl cuddled to sleep on me :

#134 of 152 Old 11-11-2010, 09:52 PM

St. Margaret - So glad to hear that good news. It is good to have one less thing to worry about during the last few weeks of pregnancy!

Misa - I would have bought a new carseat for sure. I cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke... and I used to be a smoker!  Maybe that is why I am so sensitive to it, but peee-eew. I think our downstairs neighbours have been smoking cigarettes in the house because I feel like I've been able to smell it all day.

Fern - that pumpkin pie sounds delish! eat.gif Can't wait to hear more about your blessing!

AFM: My NST test today went perfectly. Baby's heart rate is great, results from everything came back normal, and the best part: As I rested (over the course of the hour) by BP returned to my normal rate, I think it was 126/79. So then I got a big lecture about doing too much at once... I have been going a bit overboard, I guess. Either way, great news! Another few weeks for baby to decide when to make an appearance. It was all a lesson in patience, in some ways. I definitely started to feel like I wanted baby to stay IN! for the first time in weeks, and I realized that there is no reason to rush anything, everything is going great for the baby and that is all that really matters. Even after an evening of nausea and throwing up dinner, I still feel calmer about it somehow! lol.gif

So besides a pesky sinus cold/headache I guess I'm doing pretty well.

And I meant to say this earlier but with MDC being down, completely forgot: Frisbee! I hope we deliver on the same day because how cool would THAT be??

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#135 of 152 Old 11-12-2010, 04:31 AM

still sinus-y this morning, and DS is still cough-y but he seems to be in a good mood.. playing like normal. smile.gif

but, I just lost some of my mucous plug!!!!  I know that doesn't necessarily mean much, but at 40+6 I am allowed to get excited about it! haha.. going to try and rest as much as possible today.. hopefully DS will be compliant. and hopefully I will see some more labor signs SOON. I really want to have this baby this weekend.

#136 of 152 Old 11-12-2010, 05:00 AM

Misa- I think I'd get a new car seat too. I'm sensitive to smoke smells though.

Farren- Yay for the good NST and especially the BP going down!   

Fern- Your blessing sounds lovely! Can't wait to hear more after Sunday.  

I woke up at 1 am with pretty strong contractions that went on until about 3... thought I'd have to wake dh and tell him this was IT.  Luckily I didn't because I ended up falling back asleep. Lots of pressure this morning but no more real contractions... boo.  He's home today so it should be a nice day-- though it would be even better if it ends up with new babies!

#137 of 152 Old 11-12-2010, 05:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Catie, I hope this is it!!

I was woken by some strong contractions last night too. Ouch. I still expect to be pregnant until around the 24th though. But at least I know that my cervix is getting ready. smile.gif

Did I mention that with MDC being down on Tuesday I finally managed to focus on cleaning my van? I spent *four* hours cleaning it! I went crazy, took out all 3 car seats...and all 3 of the seats that go with the car (middle row.) OMG, I can't believe how disgusting it was! Then I wiped everything down and it's sooooooo clean - cleaner I think than when I got it. lol.gif

Then I brought ALL of the car seats in the house, took them apart & washed them.

This should really go in the pregnancy brain thread, lol. So Wednesday morning I put the car seats back in the van & was ready to leave for my beloved chiro appt and the van wouldn't start because I'd forgotten to turn off the interior lights during that 4 hour cleaning frenzy. :rollseyes

But everything turned out perfect. My awesome sister came with my little niece and drove me (& Dd2) to the chiro and she played hookie all day from work and we went to lunch. (And I didn't get my van dirty. lol.gif)

I rearranged all of the seats, even removed a seat so the kids can pile in easily. The baby's bucket seat base is installed, seat is washed & ready to go up in the bedroom....all it needs now is..a BABY!

So really all I feel like I need is a baby book. Because I like to stamp their little newborn feet right in the book. I haven't kept up with anyone besides Dd1's, but I don't want this little guy to feel left out.

My crotch is still irritated. irked.gif Last night was the 4th night in Monistat internally & I'm really thinking it isn't yeast. I think I might do one more night (maybe not) and then just make a point to keep the breeze going down there as much as possible & really to just up the ferments in my diet.

Oh!! Today is the first day of the Weston Price conference! And it's only 10 minutes from my house! I volunteered for most of today which gets me in free to the whole thing (Fri-Sat-Sun) + meals! It's well over $400 worth of tickets/food. I'm SO excited - it'll be like my last hurrah before baby comes. The food sounds sooooo good! It's all been donated by local, organic farmers - all grass-fed meats, etc. I'm ALL about the food. lol.gif

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#138 of 152 Old 11-12-2010, 05:54 AM

Catie- so exciting!

Farren- that's great, you've made it so far, you don't need issues now!

Misa- I would get a new one too.  I am wanting a new one because I took the cover off to wash ours and there are stress marks on the seat, I'm a little worried about the seat being compromised.

AFM- Today is my on paper due date.  I think I have the 10th in my sig, but at the midwives we are tracking to the 12th.  I was up some in the night and started to get anxious and angry about what it is like to go past your "due date".  They say the date is 40+/-2 weeks, but for the +2 weeks you are treated as if something has gone wrong.  I think that just adds too much stress.  I need to do everything I can to stay calm and zen.

I would love to see some more signs other than random contractions all day and night.  The baby is also still REALLY active.  I feel like I am being torn apart inside.

I am just going to hang out with DD and enjoy our time.  I made a promise to myself yesterday that her random meltdowns and emotional stuff wouldn't make me angry, for some reason I can go from handling it fine to just giong through the roof.  I expect her to be able to stop quicker than she is emotionally able to. 

Meghan, Married to Scott, Mother to Audrey- 2, and Expecting Nov 10th
#139 of 152 Old 11-12-2010, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

Meta-that sounds like fun! A good distraction to the waiting. Sorry you're still irritated, super annoying.

Ok, so I am going to get a new car seat. What did you get? I am not really in the mood to research or overthink it. I'll probably go with a bucket style because this baby is a winter baby and I know I'll have to drag him out back and forth to pre-k in the winter. I have convertibles that I guess I could use if he is tall enough. Buh. indecisive.

I think I am going to bake bread (my husband has been asking for homemade bread this week and I've been putting it off) today and some light cleaning.

Exciting plans right? I've really enjoyed the slower pace of being home more, I feel more patient with my son and I've had some time to spend one on one with him. I am not cranky from working nights and the house, even when it gets messy, isn't that bad. He is pretty awesome company. We've been on a really good schedule and he seems to be doing better with a stable routine, rather than getting home late, rushing through the evening routine etc. I hated the days where I would work, sleep all day, go pick him up from preschool/daycare, bring him home fairly cranky (because that is what time of day it was) rush to eat and get ready for work, then stress either about my husband getting home on time or the babysitter coming over and run out to work.  Now we go to pre-k in the morning, I pick him up at 10:55, go to the playground, run an errand or go somewhere, come home, eat, nap, play, make dinner, play, bathe, pjs and stories. But the pace is so nice and there has been so much less stress or argument on his part as well. Hopefully we can work the new baby into the relaxed routine. So that really doesn't have anything to do with being pregnant or the baby but I've been happy to be home with this wonderful boy of mine.

#140 of 152 Old 11-12-2010, 06:59 AM

Looks like we might be getting some more babies this weekend!  All the best, Catie and Amy and anyone else I've forgotten!

I'm so glad your BP went down, Farren - that's another worry you can strike off your list!  I hope with rest, it'll stay down for you.

For the record, Misa, I would buy another seat, too - I can't stand the smell of smoke, either.

My little sister is visiting for the weekend!  love.gif  Looking forward to a fun day of yarn shopping, chiro and acupuncture appts and lunch out!  I've decided to make these fingerless gloves for my friend - I'm excited about casting on!

OK, off to get the kids dressed and ready for the day!

ETA: the link for the gloves is attached to the "t" in "these" - I don't know how to make the link bigger with this new MDC format yet.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#141 of 152 Old 11-12-2010, 08:58 AM

I finally got on the computer last night and came to post, only to find MDC down.  greensad.gif

Farren, so glad for good news! thumb.gif

Misa, we ended up going with the Chicco KeyFit 30.  Another good option is the Graco Snugride 35.  Those will give you plenty of use and are easy to use and install.  I can't cope with cigarette smoke so I would definitely be replacing it, too.  greensad.gif

Meta, have you tried soothing herbs like you might use postpartum?  Maybe the EMAB mama bottom balm or bath herbs?  I hope you find something that helps!

So after spending night before last sure I was in early labor (I mean, if 12 hours of ctxs don't mean anything, what does? irked.gif) only to have it fizzle for several hours before starting up again yesterday afternoon, I wake up today sick.  Chest congested, stuffy, body aches.  UGH!  I finally got the point of being okay with everything starting and stopping and piddling on (I mean, these are serious ctxs but I know there are a few more levels up they need to go and they need to come with a lot more frequency, which seems to always be my problem...).  I talked to my MW about starting the homeopathic cohoshes today to see if they'd stimulate a normal labor pattern, which she said can take 8-12 hours.  No worries - that means we could maybe have a baby tonight or tomorrow (most likely).  But what if I'm SICK?  greensad.gif  I do not want labor to be delayed because there are other things going on in my body.  I want to believe that that DOESN'T happen even though I know a lot of people say it does.  banghead.gif

I don't even want to call my MW and tell her I'm sick because I'm afraid she'll say that baby won't come until I'm better.  mecry.gif  I'm taking elderberry and homeopathics and trying to think of what else to take to try to knock this out quickly.  Seriously, nothing like being on the verge of labor at 39 weeks and getting bronchitis.  banghead.gifmecry.gif

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#142 of 152 Old 11-12-2010, 09:14 AM

Oh no, Bronchitis?! hug.gifhug.gif I really hope it is something much more simple and easy to get rid of. Over the course of the night last night my headache and sinus pain developed into a full blown headcold. I feel so stuffed up and groggy, I can't breathe, I can't taste. Yuck! What is happening to us! I better not have caught this from you, Catie! lol.gif

I hear you, though, Heather - I was having pretty regular contractions too! Even during the NST they were coming at 10-12 minutes apart and some of them were feeling pretty real! I lost my mucus plug last night, too, but now I'm thinking STAY IN BABY! I'M TOO SICK FOR KISSES! ...and birthing! I'm exhausted! Is it true that birth as a process generally won't begin if you are sick? That would be ideal.

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#143 of 152 Old 11-12-2010, 09:28 AM

Urgh...I'm so sorry to hear that so many of us are sick!  I'm feeling fine now (knock wood) but had bronchitis for the whole month of September.  It was awful and I can imagine going through it now would be even worse.  Get well vibes to all you mamas who are feeling under the weather.

AFM....I think the baby has dropped!  He was so low to begin with but now I have a definite slope to my belly from top to bottom (instead of a basketball shape) and I'm feeling some weird aches and pains in my back and groin that I didn't have before.  (In addition to the regular old SPD I've had since 20 weeks or so).  My husband and my neighbor commented that they think I've dropped.  Also I'm having even more trouble peeing!  Have to really lift up the belly to get going.  Since this is my 2nd I'm hoping that him dropping means something might happen sooner rather than later.  Due date is Wed but I'm hoping for Monday the 15th.  Fingers crossed!

#144 of 152 Old 11-12-2010, 10:06 AM

Heather and Farren.. sorry to have passed my sickness onto you! lol.gif I swear, next baby is going to be planned for being born in the spring, I am OVER being pregnant through the summer, and all the sickness at the end of pregnancy! Not to mention the fact that we will be going through the Holidays with a newborn! What was I thinking, wanting a Fall baby!? lol.gif

AFM: I think I'm finally over the hump and into getting BETTER rather than worse. I really think this baby is waiting on me to get better before he comes out. As much as I want him OUT, I will be glad to be laboring at full-strength, or at least close to it. I've been resting as much as I can today, and really hoping and praying to be better by the weekend. Liam of course is sick too, but just sort of snotty and cough-y for now. I actually got him down for a NAP today! It took about an hour of driving around in the car though.. lol.gif but I really think he needs the extra rest to help him get better soon too! We don't need to have a sick newborn around here!

#145 of 152 Old 11-12-2010, 10:19 AM

(((heather)))  im sorry you are having so much "false" labour and now you are sick! how crappy is that greensad.gif  i hope it passes fast!

((((farren)))) sorry you are sick too. i hate when i cant taste anything. im still snotty.. its been like 2 months if not more.. but its constantly running which i prefer over being super stuffy. have you tried saline up your nose? it can help clear it out.

exciting about your Mucous plug, too bad its at such a bad time..

im still waiting for *any* sign that real labour is going to happen soon..but no. my body evades me once again. im cursed to carry babies to 42 weeks..

frisbee, i totally have to lift my belly to empty my bladder at this point..its so weird~!

catie, glad you are on the mend hug2.gif  hope liam gets better soon too..

i was sure this baby was going to come as soon as i was feeling a little bit better, but no... lol.gif

so my hair is red~!  joy.gif i bought henna last week and finally mixed it up yesterday and put it on my head in the evening. i slept with it on my head wrapped in plastic wrap and a towel and i have to admit it was not a good sleep, but it was worth it for feeling a bit less like a total messy ragamuffin. i think ill have to convince dp to give me a neck rub tonight.. i also trimmed my bangs which were almost in my eyes..

im thinking of waxing my legs just for fun too... might as well make these last few days/weeks productive, right? i cant imagine when im ever going to find the time once baby gets here.

oh, did everyone read on FB that Ashley (birth dance) had her baby girl this am early early~!  so exciting!!

Quote:

#146 of 152 Old 11-12-2010, 10:24 AM

Farren-- maybe a dumb question... is your actual name Farren Square? I thought your first name was Farren and you did a play on words like "fair and square"....... but then saw on FB that your name on there is Farren Square.... anyway.. just wondering.. wink1.gif

#147 of 152 Old 11-12-2010, 10:38 AM

My first name is really Farren (a combo of Farrah and Karen - my parents fought over those two names for 12 days after I was born until they thought to combine them!) but my last name is not really Square. How hilariously perfect would that have been?! I started using the moniker after becoming a fire dancer and performer, then opened an Etsy shop with the same name. I decided to switch my facebook over to the "fake" name because I am also a teacher and didn't want students or their parents searching for me... sometimes my performance costumes (and my burning man pictures) can get a little questionable.

It does make it easier for everyone on MDC to figure out who I am, though! lol.gif

Fern: I want to see your gorgeous red hair! I am seriously impressed you are considering waxing your legs. I haven't done any leg maintenance in months now. DP is lucky he still gets armpits!

And yeah, I have to lift my belly up to empty my bladder, too. Glad I'm not the only one cause I felt a bit crazy there for a while.

#148 of 152 Old 11-12-2010, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Yay, Catie!

Farren-ok, now i'm going to have to go peruse your albums. lol.gif  Ok, just did.  My god, woman, you're gorgeous!  And I really want to learn to hoop-can you point a lady in the right direction to learn?

I shaved "down there" for the first time in months (thanks to olive oil and defying physics) the day before I went into labor.  Which was nice not having dried blood/sticky pads getting stuck on hair...but not so fun with the itch of growing back in.  Yikes. 

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#149 of 152 Old 11-12-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrenSquare View Post

Fern: I want to see your gorgeous red hair! I am seriously impressed you are considering waxing your legs. I haven't done any leg maintenance in months now. DP is lucky he still gets armpits!

well, we shall see lol.gif and i never shave my armpits.. my hair is naturally very fair and its very sparse.. so i dont bother.

i'll post a picture of my red hair in the belly photo thread..

Quote:

#150 of 152 Old 11-12-2010, 03:33 PM

Thanks, mamas. :grouphug  Not feeling half as bad as I did when I woke up. Coughing only occasionally (taking homeopathics that may well be helping) and despite feeling like I'd be totally achy and miserable, I was able to go out to the park with the kids and hang out with my mom for a long while.  

And, apparently my body doesn't care TOO much that I'm sick because I've been having lots of ctxs the whole time.  I have to say, ctxs while driving are not so much fun!  I still have no real consistency to them - I've had anything from fairly mild "half" ctxs to ones that lasted fully 2 minutes!  The hard thing is that consistent contractions and I don't always get along.  :eyesroll  With my last, they were long and strong but I could cope with them, and they were 5-15+ minutes apart!  I laid down to try to rest and they got stronger, and baby was born about 30 minutes later.  :dizzy  So I am hoping these strengthen with enough warning that I can get everyone here.  I'm not sure what other signs I'm looking for, really.  :o

Because I'm sick I haven't taken the homeopathic cohoshes that we'd talked about, so this is all just my body's doing - which is great.  I am just hoping it continues to intensify and maybe we get a baby tonight/tomorrow!  On our ExpectNet game there are actually about 4 guesses (including mine!) for early tomorrow morning between about 2am and 5am.  :lol

TMI...  I confess I have never felt the need to shave the nether regions. :o  But I'm thinking of trimming for ease of care postpartum.  Anyone else?  :o  With my first, the OB told me I needed to and I have pretty much done the opposite of anything she told me in subsequent births. :lol  But I think it's probably worth doing for dealing with lochia and all.

I'm excited that we have so many babies here and so many more that will be coming soon! :joy  

I'm going to lay down and rest in hopes I get to be one of them.  :lol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page