***Weekly Chat Thread November 6th-November 12th*** - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 152 Old 11-12-2010, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Heather!! I hear you're in labor! I hope you're not sick. hug.gif

I'm sick. greensad.gif Finally came down with the stupid head cold that *everyone* else in this house has. I just got over a head cold only a couple of weeks ago! Not fair! But, my crotch is feeling better. lol. At the WAPF conference today (I have to elaborate in a minute!), I listened to Natasha Campbell-McBride talk about GAPS stuff and she touched on yeast infections & skin irritations a few times. She also talked about how much is absorbed via our skin (as much as when we eat things, except when it's topical, the liver doesn't filter it - it goes straight to our bloodstream!) So I was feeling kind of crappy about using the Monistat cream internally, especially with little baby's head RIGHT there. I switched to my cloth pads and have been feeling MUCH less irritated already. So I've decided no more cream in my yoni - all natural from here on out. I still don't think it was yeast anyway. Natasha recommended yogurt or kefir just slathered on and sort of inside after a bath. And of course diet, which I'm already doing that stuff. But YAY for much less irritation! Now I just have to kick this stinkin' head cold.

I had one of the best days I've had in a looong time today!! Totally & completely distracting despite the fact the every.single.person commented on/touched my big belly today and I had many, many, MANY hardcore contractions.The energy at the conference was just so.....real. Real people who just want real food and real living. I have to say, the highlight of my day (aside from the food), was Shannon Hayes' Radical Homemakers lecture. She was so funny, witty, over-educated, and down to earth. I would LOVE to spend a weekend with that woman.

And the food....oh goddess the food. It was all local & grass-fed & prepared in a nutrient-dense, traditional fashion. I ate SO much at dinner that I thought I was going to have the baby just because there wasn't enough room.

It looks like some of the kinks are being worked out here, slowly but surely. I still prefer our old format, but progress is good.

Man, that baby picture thread is YUMMY! I want mine on the outside!

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#152 of 152 Old 11-13-2010, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Another week down, another new thread:

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1279059/weekly-chat-november-13-november-19th#post_16041636

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page