Pregnancy brain ~ share your stories - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-07-2010, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Last night I ran to the store to pick up some stuff. As I pulled into my parking space, I was having a big contraction, so I decided to park & wait it out. I got my things at the store, went to pay & realized I didn't have my purse...or my wallet, keys or cell phone. I had to use the store phone to call DP to bring me the spare set.

After that, I walked over to the liquor store and bought a bottle of Cabernet - just what I needed.

What kinds of brainless things have you done (or not done) lately?

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2010, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia View Post
Last night I ran to the store to pick up some stuff. As I pulled into my parking space, I was having a big contraction, so I decided to park & wait it out. I got my things at the store, went to pay & realized I didn't have my purse...or my wallet, keys or cell phone. I had to use the store phone to call DP to bring me the spare set.

After that, I walked over to the liquor store and bought a bottle of Cabernet - just what I needed.

What kinds of brainless things have you done (or not done) lately?
oh no!

I have had to start, frog and restart a bunch of knitting projects that normally I would be fine with but i cant seem to remember how to knit these days.. one of which i just had to give up on which really pisses me off because i have knit it at least a few times by now with NO problems.. it doesn't really make any sense at all..
in general i feel muddly and mushy brained.. and im trying to avoid doing much that requires brain activity

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 11-07-2010, 03:03 PM

I definitely went to the grocery store 2 days ago, got all the way to the checkout, grabbed my wallet, and realized I didn't have my card to pay with So you're not alone with that one! And I called my husband at work, because he works right up the street from that grocery store and he was supposed to be getting out around that time. And because I called him on the work phone everyone at work thought I was calling because I was in labor! So of course, he then had to explain to all his co workers that no, his wife just has no brain

I've also been forgetting words. Like I'll be talking and suddenly, a word will just escape me. And not intense vocab words, words like "coat". So I'm sitting there going "you know, the thing, you wear, that keeps you warm..."

The worst part is I remember with my first that the pregnancy brain wasn't as bad as the nursing brain. Once Wyatt was born and I started breast feeding, it was like pregnancy brain x10. I seriously thought I had actually lost my brain, but luckily my brain cells slowly came back after a few months. Hopefully I get my brain back again in few months after this one is born!

Jennie, mama to Wyatt (3/25/09) and Emma (11/22/10) novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpg
Old 11-07-2010, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Oh jeez, the word-loss thing is ridiculous. I say "grass" instead of "carpet" and the most absurd things.

I can't believe I locked not just my keys in the van, but the whole entire purse.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:03 PM

DDDC ... because I was coming here to post this same thing....

I made myself a yummy giant bowl of buttered popcorn, and then proceeded to pour my coke into the bowl, instead of the glass full of ice next to it.

Enough to make me almost cry!!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:03 PM

I made a spinach dip for a party and when I put it in the fridge I thought it looked funny. When I took it out I realized that I forgot to put spinach in it. I actually didn't even buy spinach

Oh, and I hit a parked car the other day too. I'm officially off driving duty until baby comes

Mama to one little lion sleepytime.gifand a baby cub born at home stillheart.gif
homeschool.gif, lactivist.gif, novaxnocirc.gif,fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIF, familybed2.gif,
Old 11-07-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMommy2 View Post
DDDC ... because I was coming here to post this same thing....

I made myself a yummy giant bowl of buttered popcorn, and then proceeded to pour my coke into the bowl, instead of the glass full of ice next to it.

Enough to make me almost cry!!
These are funny... I've done things like this lately. Put the dry cat food in the fridge and the milk into the cabinet...

But YayJennie-- I hear you on the breastfeeding brain... with dd I was seriously on another planet for a few days while my milk was coming in. Happily, it went much more smoothly the second time around. But I was still nursing my toddler. This time I haven't nursed in almost a year and I'm a little worried about my body starting over again!
Old 11-07-2010, 05:33 PM

These are funny - but I can totally relate.

I was casting on stitches for the baby hat I'm working on, and I couldn't remember how! I was doing it, but it seemed so awkward....and then I realized that I was casting on righthanded (I'm left handed, so I do a mirror image). It took a Google search and video for me to realize this!

I have trouble remembering words, too...and names. It's embarrassing to forget someone's name that you know perfectly well.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 11-07-2010, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=HappyMommy2;16025764I made myself a yummy giant bowl of buttered popcorn, and then proceeded to pour my coke into the bowl, instead of the glass full of ice next to it.

Enough to make me almost cry!![/QUOTE]

I've almost done very similar things - but not quite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodie8 View Post
I made a spinach dip for a party and when I put it in the fridge I thought it looked funny. When I took it out I realized that I forgot to put spinach in it. I actually didn't even buy spinach

Oh, and I hit a parked car the other day too. I'm officially off driving duty until baby comes
OMG, that's FUNNY!! I love that you didn't even *buy* the spinach!!

I sooooooo needed to read something funny today.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:32 PM

i got into the shower with my glasses on and didn't realize until i went to wash my face

ariana, mama to beautiful redheaded girls (oct 07) and (nov 10)

Old 11-07-2010, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyoats View Post
i got into the shower with my glasses on and didn't realize until i went to wash my face

This thread is excellent!!

Old 11-07-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyoats View Post

I once dived into a lake with my glasses on and they came off my face, sinking to the bottom of the lake. That's a mistake I'll never make again.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 11-07-2010, 10:38 PM

Wow, I thought I was bad! When I was still working, I was seriously afraid of doing anything stupid and *really* made sure I double checked everything so I wouldn't kill anybody. But what was really embarrassing was when I'd be trying to talk to my patients and couldn't even complete a simple sentence. I would try to make a joke out of it, but sometimes they just looked at me with an expression on their face that said, "I can't believe this crazy woman is taking care of me!"

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10

User Tag List