Today I cried over peanuts. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 11-07-2010, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm officially insane.

I spent hours vacuuming the whole house and doing TONS of laundry and cleaning like a nut. Then DP came home and took his bag of peanuts to the couch and I said "you're not going to eat those in there, are you?" (Because he *always* drops nuts & peanut skins *everywhere* .) He said "Yes, I am." I said "I just spent hours vacuuming!"

So I went upstairs, laid down in bed & cried for a while.

I'm completely out of my head.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#2 of 17 Old 11-07-2010, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#3 of 17 Old 11-07-2010, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(((hugs)))

ariana, mama to beautiful redheaded girls (oct 07) and (nov 10)

#4 of 17 Old 11-07-2010, 08:35 PM

i would have cried too.

((((HUG))))

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#5 of 17 Old 11-07-2010, 09:39 PM

Me too.

Where is everybody getting all this energy from? Can I have some? All I want to do today is sleep...

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#6 of 17 Old 11-07-2010, 11:54 PM

Hugs and love from here too! I spent the morning cleaning everything that would sit still, heck I even scrubbed the broom's dust pan for goodness sake! My hubby is a baker by trade and passion and he came home from work, told me how great everything looked, then started taking out stuff to bake cookies! NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! You cannot use the clean kitchen or pee in the clean bathrooms and why are you walking on my clean floors with your floury shoes on!!!!!!! I finally just locked myself in the bathroom for 15 minutes and cried!!!! I felt better. Meta you cried over peanuts, I cried over cookies!
p.s. he got the hint and never made the cookies, instead he sat in front of the tv and watched football and didn't mess anything up! I am so proud! If only the kids would follow suit!

wife to an amazing hippie man, momma to many~3 DS/ 3DD  novaxnoIRC.gif homebirth.jpgcd.gif homeschool.gif
#7 of 17 Old 11-08-2010, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitintraining View Post
Hugs and love from here too! I spent the morning cleaning everything that would sit still, heck I even scrubbed the broom's dust pan for goodness sake! My hubby is a baker by trade and passion and he came home from work, told me how great everything looked, then started taking out stuff to bake cookies! NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! You cannot use the clean kitchen or pee in the clean bathrooms and why are you walking on my clean floors with your floury shoes on!!!!!!! I finally just locked myself in the bathroom for 15 minutes and cried!!!! I felt better. Meta you cried over peanuts, I cried over cookies!
p.s. he got the hint and never made the cookies, instead he sat in front of the tv and watched football and didn't mess anything up! I am so proud! If only the kids would follow suit!

my dp is a baker too and the other day he tried to make lemon poppy seed cake.. i totally cried and got upset about him making a mess in the clean kitchen and he didn't make it either, but he was pissed off about it. i read this post to him and asked him if it made him feel better about me being crazy and pregnant, but he said no

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#8 of 17 Old 11-08-2010, 12:15 AM

I'm crying all the time, too.

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH
#9 of 17 Old 11-08-2010, 12:16 AM

awwwww i can relate to this type of crying. mine was over gouda cheese.

i am SO looking forward to not being held hostage by the insane hormones.

Crunchy Catholic Cancer Survivor
Married SAHM to DS (6) DD (4) DS (2) and DS born Nov 17, 2010
#10 of 17 Old 11-08-2010, 12:38 AM

I haven't cried lately but I definitely understand wanting things to stay clean after you just spent time cleaning them. I am way more edgy about eating on the couch on a day like today when I just washed the covers (ok so they are still in the dryer but still) or my husband eating something in the living room without a plate.

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
#11 of 17 Old 11-08-2010, 02:18 PM

Hmmmm....so I cried over the weekend because my husband wanted to clean and I just couldn't get the energy to help. STill haven't figured out how, even with insane hormones, this situation made me cry!

Happy SAHM Mom and CBE to three jumpers.gifboys:  DS1 (11/06), DS2 (7/08), DS3 (11/10) and D?4 (12/12)!

#12 of 17 Old 11-08-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
my dp is a baker too and the other day he tried to make lemon poppy seed cake.. i totally cried and got upset about him making a mess in the clean kitchen and he didn't make it either, but he was pissed off about it. i read this post to him and asked him if it made him feel better about me being crazy and pregnant, but he said no
Hehe My hubby would say the same thing! 'Does it make it normal?' Heck no, just good to know that other women are crazy too! The funny part is today I am craving cookies, darn it! With 5 kids ages 11-1 who are here all day long I do not know what I am thinking trying to get it clean, like the baby will care if the floors are dusty and the dishes are not done!

wife to an amazing hippie man, momma to many~3 DS/ 3DD  novaxnoIRC.gif homebirth.jpgcd.gif homeschool.gif
#13 of 17 Old 11-08-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitintraining View Post
Hehe My hubby would say the same thing! 'Does it make it normal?' Heck no, just good to know that other women are crazy too! The funny part is today I am craving cookies, darn it! With 5 kids ages 11-1 who are here all day long I do not know what I am thinking trying to get it clean, like the baby will care if the floors are dusty and the dishes are not done!
my second though after reading your post and thinking about the mess in your clean kitchen was What pregnant woman doesn't want cookies!

its impossible though, isnt it? i tidied my kitchen this am because i was too tired last night and now we are all going out for a walk and tea..so at least i know its going to be clean when i get back..to make supper and mess it up again

Quote:

#14 of 17 Old 11-08-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
my second though after reading your post and thinking about the mess in your clean kitchen was What pregnant woman doesn't want cookies!
If I'm still pregnant tomorrow, that's on my list of "chores."
#15 of 17 Old 11-08-2010, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Today I made banana bread (coconut flour) and thought one of the loaves looked a little brown on the bottom so I tilted the loaf dish in the oven & half of the batter poured onto the bottom of the oven. It's a damn good thing DP was standing right there and offered to clean it up for me (probably because he didn't want my belly to get burned) because if it had been just me, I would have just cried and walked away.

Tonight he said, "I think you need to stop driving this week, you're too clumsy right now." It's so true though - everything I touch breaks/spills/falls/etc.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#16 of 17 Old 11-09-2010, 12:24 AM
Banned

I'm so there with you, ladies. DD keeps asking why I'm crying, oh dear. DH makes me cry so easily, even as we both kind of laugh about it. It feels god, though, so I go with it! It was the best way to get my clogged sinuses clearing, I tell ya!
#17 of 17 Old 11-10-2010, 08:52 PM

Yesterday DS asked me why I had a cold because I was sniffling so much. "Oh, I'm just crying again." "OK!" He was happy that everything was normal and I wasn't sick.

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page