It's my "Due" Date! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Its funny... now that it's here Im . Im going to have a november baby, no doubts.. it could be 2 weeks from now.. but 2 weeks can fly by.
Im planning to knit and bake/make yummy food and snuggle my LO's as much as possible between now and then..I am so thankful that im feeling better (not totally, but a whole lot better) and have everything ready for when the time does come..

so, happy due date to me! and other mamas who share this day!
it wont be long now!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#2 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 01:19 PM

Happy due date, Fern!

I'm so glad you're feeling better! I'm remembering about a month or so ago when things were looking pretty grim for you!

Sounds like you have a lot of plans to keep busy. I've been making those too!

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#3 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#4 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 01:38 PM

Yay! Happy due date! It won't be much longer now.

Lisa ~ Homeschooling mama to 9yo ds and 7yo dd both born at home and expecting #3 in November!
#5 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 01:47 PM

Happy due date to you, happy due date to you! I felt exactly the same way as you do! My due date was Friday and I have felt less freaked out, anxious, all around impatient since then! It is like I know eventually he/she will have to come out, sometime in the next week or two! I have never gone over 40w4d so it will be interesting to see if I do this time, since I am 40w3d today! I also have lots of plans, today it is getting the 4 squashes sitting on my counter baked, pureed and frozen. Then I 'need' to sit down and finish my husbands socks I am knitting for christmas. I have a LO who is not feeling well, so I am dosing the whole family and cuddling and reading lots too! All around I am okay with things not happening for a while, but the prodromol labor needs to go away then too!!!! Hope everyone is feeling good and ready!

wife to an amazing hippie man, momma to many~3 DS/ 3DD  novaxnoIRC.gif homebirth.jpgcd.gif homeschool.gif
#6 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 02:34 PM

Hooray for due dates! So good to hear you are feeling better Fern!

Spinoff - What is it about end of pregnancy and knitting? I guess I always feel like knitting this time of year anyway, but I swear it was almost more on my mind this weekend than birth preparation (almost). I pulled out an old project I hadn't touched since before DD was born (3 years ago), carefully assessed it, found a new pattern I wanted to make with the yarn and started frogging. Hope to have the new project started before this baby boy makes his appearance. Must be how my nesting instinct is kicking in this time (it's definitely not thru cleaning)!
#7 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 02:44 PM

Happy Due date!!!

Happy SAHM Mom and CBE to three jumpers.gifboys:  DS1 (11/06), DS2 (7/08), DS3 (11/10) and D?4 (12/12)!

#8 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 03:00 PM

Happy due date Fern!

BTW I always love hearing about your projects and your updates inspire me to keep going with my own-- even though I'm an extremely slow knitter and it can take me months to finish even itty bitty baby things.
#9 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 03:12 PM

Due Date party! Happy Due Date, MamaFern!

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#10 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
happy due date Fern! have you posted pics of the stuff you've knit for this babe?

BC Mum of three ('05, '07, '11 and #4 coming May '14!)    jumpers.gif  belly.gif 

#11 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 03:39 PM

Happy Due Date! You're in the home stretch now mama

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#12 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
Im planning to knit and bake/make yummy food and snuggle my LO's as much as possible between now and then..
This just made me super happy to read. It even simmered down my constant bad attitude of the day. Thanks for the warmth!

DH is Ricky, dd born 10/06 and due 11/26/2010 !
#13 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamas! Today has been a wonderful day.
The sun was shining and we went for a glorious walk in the forest with my SIL and her kiddos..then we went out for lunch and my kids were SO GOOD (not always the case when we go out to eat) and then we had a program to go to from 3-6..its a parenting kind of thing put on by community services and today we talked about non-violent communication in relationships and it was really great. they also have childcare for 2 hours while we mamas/papas sit and chat and then feed us all super yummy dinner (tonight was lentil shepherds pie and all sorts of other goodness)..so that's even nicer!
we JUST got home (walked in the darkness) and my kids are snuggled up watching monsters Inc. a new movie grama got them and my son just shared his 1 a day Halloween chocolate treat with me because im "so fun" i wish every day were so lovely.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#14 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachwms View Post
This just made me super happy to read. It even simmered down my constant bad attitude of the day. Thanks for the warmth!

Quote:

#15 of 16 Old 11-09-2010, 03:08 AM

Happy Due Date, Fern! I'm so glad you got a lovely day...

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#16 of 16 Old 11-09-2010, 03:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sounds like a wonderful day! Very glad you've made it far enough to feel so much better!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page