Such a mixed day of emotions. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 11-09-2010, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So today we get up to the hospital after waiting HOURS for our alternator to get replaced on our van and find out our boys are no longer in the NICU!

They had moved them down to a less restricted/critical floor! Then as I am talking to the doctor/nurse team the say "well we were thinking of trying to get these guys sent home Wednesday" and I say "That would be GREAT! Wish you could send them home today." So they say they can not send them home today but how does tomorrow sound! Sooo as long as the boys sodium levels hold steady they can come home tomorrow after getting lab results back.

So we load our 5 older kids up at around 9pm and start to head home. Next thing we know the dashboard lights go off and the the headlights go dim. By the time my husband finally got pulled over and into a wal-mart parking lot (thank God we made it there!) we had NO lights at all. So dh goes in and buys a new battery and replaces it while the littles are screaming there heads off from all the commotion and not being home and it being waaay past bedtimes.

We head out and half way home the van starts doing it again! We pull over re-start and then it is fine... this goes on all the way home. I dont think I have ever been so grateful to pull into our driveway before in my life.

So now we have to call the hospital and tell them we have to be late to pick our boys up because of van problems. I am trying not to tell too many people in our home lives about the boys coming home because "just in case" their sodium levels come back low I dont want to subject everyone to the yo-yo effect of coming home, not coming home, coming home... roller coaster ride from .

Oh and they also now take sodium with EVERY feeding, so that is now 8 times a 24 hour period that I have to give them sodium mixed with breastmilk. I have no idea how this is going to work, but they HAVE to have the sodium or their levels drop and well...

So that is my little praise turned into rant for the night.... that is all.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#2 of 10 Old 11-09-2010, 03:17 AM

I'm sorry about your van but am so happy to hear that your boys will likely be home tomorrow!!

Casey - Mama to my little lovey girl 6-2-07 and my littler lovey girl 11-16-10!
#3 of 10 Old 11-09-2010, 03:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm so sorry about the van troubles.

So very glad your boys are coming home! I hope everything goes perfectly tomorrow! Since MDC will be down, I'll be looking for updates on Wednesday!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#4 of 10 Old 11-09-2010, 03:29 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys.
I just noticed a TON of typos and words misspelled in my original post and I am just too frustrated to fix them at the moment. I positively dread having to call the hospital and tell them that we are going to be late picking up our boys. I am trying to focus on the positive that this means they are well enough to come home and that they WILL be home soon, but I am just so frustrated and embarrassed and upset that we will not be there first thing in the morning like we were planning/supposed to be.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
#5 of 10 Old 11-10-2010, 05:05 AM

Bummer about the van, but YAY for the boys coming home!!!!!!!!

Happy SAHM Mom and CBE to three jumpers.gifboys:  DS1 (11/06), DS2 (7/08), DS3 (11/10) and D?4 (12/12)!

#6 of 10 Old 11-10-2010, 05:55 AM

Sasha-- Thinking of you and the boys and hoping for a great update soon!  

#7 of 10 Old 11-10-2010, 07:10 AM

Oh Sasha - I'm so excited for you that the boys are coming home....I hope you can get the van sorted out with minimal cost and delay!

hug2.gif

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#8 of 10 Old 11-12-2010, 01:57 AM

How's it going, Sasha?

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#9 of 10 Old 11-13-2010, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Hey guys.  Wow MDC has changed so much... it is going to take a while to get use to it.

The boys did come home on the 9th!banana.gif

I learned for the millionth time to never say never and had my MIL come over and watch our kids while we borrowed her car to go get them.  It was a mess of a day but we are home now and all together and that is what counts.grouphug.gif

#10 of 10 Old 11-13-2010, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Sasha that's great! I'm so happy that you're all at home together. love.gif

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page