Late-Nov. EDD mamas' thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 65 Old 11-11-2010, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thought I'd start this thread for those of us not "due" till late November and/or expecting a late Nov/early December baby.  My guess date is Nov. 27.  DD was 9 days post-EDD, so I wouldn't be shocked if this baby is a little tardy as well.  smile.gif

#2 of 65 Old 11-11-2010, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Having a little trouble posting so also wanted to add...how are the rest of you late-Nov. EDD mamas faring?  

#3 of 65 Old 11-11-2010, 07:40 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

DDCC - I'm an early Dec mama (December 5th).  December mamas are just starting to get our pre-labor stuff going.  No birth announcements yet.  It seems a little strange following the DDC with the 31 week preemies and we're making it into full-term-land with no births (I hope the preemie mamas and babies are doing okay!!).  Some of us are slightly dilated (like 1-1.5 cm) and crampy but I'm hoping the babies wait a little while longer.  Some of us are really anxious to see the new Harry Potter movie, lol.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#4 of 65 Old 11-11-2010, 08:04 AM

My EDD is the 17th, pretty much smack in the middle. At first I started thinking this baby would be late. Then I started having "false" labour, contractions, and it turns out I am already 2cm dilated... whatever that means.

I try so so hard not to get excited or get my hopes up but every day when DP leaves for work I remind him to answer ANY call from me - "just in case!" lol.gif

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#5 of 65 Old 11-11-2010, 08:24 AM

I'm due on the 25th, Thanksgiving Day, but I'm ready now. DS was born *on* his due date, though, so we'll see. We did IVF both times so we knew the due dates EXACTLY.

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#6 of 65 Old 11-11-2010, 10:16 AM

I'm due on the 17th, but all my kids were 41+ weeks and induced, so I'm expecting a late Nov baby this time, and I guess I'm feeling pretty zen about it (I've been preparing myself for this all along)....well, at least so far.  I'm really hoping for non-induction this time, though, so once I hit 42 weeks, I'll be definitely antsy (if I get there)...

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#7 of 65 Old 11-11-2010, 11:24 AM

Considering my last 2 were both over 42 weeks I could be part of this group..even though all along I have been saying I was due early november or late October lol.gif

if babe decides to be THAT late im thinking the 21st or 22nd of November... bawling.gif

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#8 of 65 Old 11-11-2010, 12:03 PM

i'm joining this group here.  i'm due the 30th, which makes me 37+2 today.  not feeling any sort of pre-labor anything, aside from braxton hicks.  my dd1 was born at 38+6, but i don't know when this one is coming.  at my mw appointment this morning, baby's head wasn't even engaged.  also, she has had a hard time feeling whether baby is breech or not.  *sigh*  i am definitely uncomfortable, but i don't see an end in sight.  in fact, i'm still kind of in denial about actually having a real live baby at the end of this.  lol.gif

ariana, mama to beautiful redheaded girls (oct 07) and (nov 10)

#9 of 65 Old 11-11-2010, 12:41 PM

I am due on the 27th But I am also Ready KNOW, but I am going to be patient I feel like he needs to get bigger! But oh do I have baby envy I want him so bad!

Daughter (7.5) Son(5) and Husband of 9 Years!!  saynovax.gifhomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgh20homebirth.gif
***5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40*stork-boy.gif
#10 of 65 Old 11-11-2010, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

I definitely belong here.  My EDD is Nov 26, the day after Thanksgiving, so I'm 38 weeks tomorrow.  I'm apparently 80% effaced and 1cm, although I know that means nothing.  All along I've been expecting to go into December.  It seems like my belly is hard 90% of the time with BH, and I'll have a few a day that are legitimately uncomfortable, but nothing I'd classify as a true contraction.  But this is baby #1, so I guess I don't have anything to really base that on.  

Two weeks ago I was in full-on nesting mode, and now, for whatever reason, it's just stopped.  Little things I should do before babe gets here flit through my brain and then I think oh, but that can wait til tomorrow or the weekend.  I don't know if that's my intuition telling me I've still got some time, or I really am just that tired!

The 21st is a full moon - what are your thoughts?  Hocus pocus or legitimate that more babies are born on a full moon?  When my mom saw it on her calendar she changed her flight dates so she'll be here on that day smile.gif

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#11 of 65 Old 11-11-2010, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Me! I'm due on 11/24 according to my LMP and all three of my babies came on their due dates. I keep thinking this one will come early, but it's probably just wishful thinking. I was 3cm and super effaced last check, but I'm not going to have anymore checks.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#12 of 65 Old 11-11-2010, 02:11 PM

I am due 11/30 by my LMP or 11/28 if you account for a shorter average cycle (26 vs 28) days. I had my first 5 days after my due date.

I'll be hanging around until the end of the month, I am sure or even into December.

My husband said 11/22 the baby is coming so we'll see if he is right or not.

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
#13 of 65 Old 11-11-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post

if babe decides to be THAT late im thinking the 21st or 22nd of November... bawling.gif

The 21st of November is a full moon, and it is a true blue moon as well! The fourth full moon within a season. If I'm going to be "late" I'm aiming for that day myself!!

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#14 of 65 Old 11-11-2010, 05:44 PM

I'm due on the 20th, but I'm already getting antsy!  I have had "early vibes" this whole pregnancy, and my first was 3 days "early".  My midwife is estimating baby girl is already over 8 lbs, and I've definitely been having enough braxton hicks and a little bit of leaky amniotic fluid, so I'm really hoping I go early!  Any day would be great.  Hear that baby Emma, ANY DAY NOW! 

Jennie, mama to Wyatt (3/25/09) and Emma (11/22/10) novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpg
#15 of 65 Old 11-11-2010, 06:17 PM

I'm due the 26th,   A full moon baby would be super exciting!     Oh the last two weeks go by so slowly!!!!!!  I haven't been able to find my cervix and doctor has not checked yet....

I can'[t wait until my shoes fit again.  orngbiggrin.gif

DH is Ricky, dd born 10/06 and due 11/26/2010 !
#16 of 65 Old 11-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Banned

My EDD is the 22nd, likely smile.gif  I was okay with the idea of going yesterday; I liked the birthday and my mom could have come for a nice long visit because of her work schedule... now I'm okay just waiting until that full moon!  It would be great if baby came on the 22nd because then all our birthdays would be lined up-- our third kid could make our family's birthday straight! lol.gif  And the sibling doula we really like will be back from her bradley training... I still need to line up a back up altho I have two options so I'm not worried now at least.  I figure baby could come at any time now, I'm totally fine waiting but not knowing is tricky, right?  I have utterly lost my nesting vibe I was rocking so maybe when it comes back I'll know it's time! I hope I have a little time to run around and tidy.  I keep telling DH, close the closet doors, I don't want to look at the box of grow-into clothes for hours.  And grab a piano CD from the CD booklet for me... and just tidy up! But we have some fun stuff planned for Saturday, so either it'll be great to go to that, or baby will be contrary and come right then-- either way! smile.gif

#17 of 65 Old 11-12-2010, 02:57 AM

add me to the list.  I am due on the 29th.  Seriously hoping I don't have the baby till after next friday.  I need another week before I will be totally ready.  I think I should be fine just don't feel like I am going to have him in the next week though.

Fun loving crunchy mommy to an amazing outgoing adventurous boy named Logan Cloud 2/2/07 and our little ball of energy Jayden Edge 11/28/10 and wife to Jet 7/3/05 expecting our third 09/21/14

}
#18 of 65 Old 11-12-2010, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrenSquare View Post

The 21st of November is a full moon, and it is a true blue moon as well! The fourth full moon within a season. If I'm going to be "late" I'm aiming for that day myself!!

it would be a good birthday!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#19 of 65 Old 11-12-2010, 10:53 AM

Hi Everyone, For most of my pregnancy I have been a lurker mostly but I guess its time to come out and say hello! I am due on the 29th or 30th according to my LMP and having a boy this time around. So I am around 37 wks and a few days --

My first baby came at 39wks+1day, so that same timing would put me into Thanksgiving week -- I am bigger this time, and baby seems lower, and everyone in my family thinks I am going to go earlier, but  like a pp, I cant imagine going before next Friday either -- I have too much to get done! smile.gif

However, this time around I am much more uncomfortable, heavier and also just experiencing awful heartburn. I also (TMI) got my very first hemmoroid this week -- ugh -- so maybe going early wouldnt be so bad - As long as baby comes out healthy and developed I will be happy.

I think the hardest thing is my 3.5 yo daughter who keeps asking every morning, when is that baby coming out?! She's excited and also very nervous I think -- and I wish I could tell her when to expect her new brother!

I see my midwife on Sunday and am not sure if she will do an internal check or not at that point (not that it really matters or makes a difference). Going for a second homebirth. The stress this week was that my backup OB office called me yesterday to tell me that I was fired as a patient -- Apparently he has decided not to support Homebirth moms any longer, which is really a shame for our homebirth community in Philadelphia as he was one of the last ones. But at this point, I figure that Ive been seen by the OB and truthfully if I need to do a transfer, I probably wouldnt have made it to the backup OB's location anyway as his hospital is much farther from my home than the other hospitals in my area. So trying not to think about that, and instead to put my intentions and thoughts into a wonderful homebirth experience and delivery. All of my neighbors are so excited for a another baby to be born on the block - so I am getting terrific support from my family and community in that way.

Mama to Charlotte (2/14/07) and Julian (11/27/10) both born at home.
#20 of 65 Old 11-12-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrenSquare View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post

That's the date I chose myself on Dd1's family betting list. love.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayJennie View Post

I'm due on the 20th, but I'm already getting antsy!  I have had "early vibes" this whole pregnancy, and my first was 3 days "early".  My midwife is estimating baby girl is already over 8 lbs, and I've definitely been having enough braxton hicks and a little bit of leaky amniotic fluid, so I'm really hoping I go early!  Any day would be great.  Hear that baby Emma, ANY DAY NOW! 

Dd1 is Emma! love.gif

ETA: Multi-quoting is REALLY buggy. eyesroll.gif

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#21 of 65 Old 11-14-2010, 06:58 PM

I belong here, too--due 11/24. I'm so ready now, though, and the last week or so I've had so many contractions that I was starting to get my hopes up. At this point I'm thinking it will be closer to my due date. I'm 39 weeks on Wednesday.

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH
#22 of 65 Old 11-15-2010, 06:25 AM

My EDD is November 30th and this is my first baby. I have been feeling good physically (other than difficulty sleeping). And I finally feel "ready" to have the baby. Other than lots of Braxton-HIcks contractions when I'm walking, I haven't had any signs that baby is coming soon. I see my midwife tomorrow and am curious as to baby's position. I feel like s/he has dropped some.

#23 of 65 Old 11-15-2010, 10:48 AM

Another Nov. 30 EDD here.  That's the u/s date, my LMP date was Nov. 18 and as this is my first I don't know what to expect.  I think I'm having the normal 38-week symptoms, lots of BH and I'm dilated 1cm but I know none of that means anything.  Trying to be patient!

#24 of 65 Old 11-15-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuba_River View Post

I belong here, too--due 11/24. I'm so ready now, though, and the last week or so I've had so many contractions that I was starting to get my hopes up. At this point I'm thinking it will be closer to my due date. I'm 39 weeks on Wednesday.

My due date buddy. :) I keep going back and forth between thinking baby will wait until my due date like all of mine have or that he'll come early because of all of this prodromal labor.

#25 of 65 Old 11-15-2010, 02:53 PM

3cm dilated and a bloody show today.   Lots of cramping.  This is good news, right?

DH is Ricky, dd born 10/06 and due 11/26/2010 !
#26 of 65 Old 11-15-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachwms View Post

3cm dilated and a bloody show today.   Lots of cramping.  This is good news, right?

I would think so! I'm due the day before you and I'm praying for something to happen. I'm feeling so left out! ;)

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#27 of 65 Old 11-15-2010, 03:48 PM

I'll join.  My LMP date is 11/20- but I think closer to 11/27.  I am starting to get uncomfy and just plain old tired.  I did finally wash baby clothes today though and have most of the hb kit gathered.  I have had a backache off and on today and DH was getting kind of excited- but after a little nap it went away.  I keep thinking that I will have a December baby- but that sounds so unappealing to me that I kind of want to cry. 

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#28 of 65 Old 11-15-2010, 06:16 PM

Writing in to complain. :)  I can't eat anything without feeling sick.  I'm tired almost all day.  At night the contractions are getting more painful, but not productive.  At 38-6 checkup was 50% effaced, no dilation, baby at -2.  That's not bad...just really getting done with all of this.  The bright side is that every day I get more projects done.  I'm VBACing so say a prayer for me please. :)

#29 of 65 Old 11-16-2010, 04:57 AM - Thread Starter

Awww, hope Baby comes soon for you.  Remember to rest up!

hug.gif

#30 of 65 Old 11-16-2010, 10:55 AM

I am getting really excited!!!

I finish up most of my work projects tomorrow, and to celebrate I just scheduled myself for a facial and prenatal massage on Thursday. On Friday I will work from home and then I will just start taking it easy until baby arrives. I have been so stressed out trying to wrap up work projects (I am an executive at my family's smallish company) and meet deadlines, and I know baby is going to be waiting til I get a little more zen, so I figure I had better start getting calmer and mentally in the right place. Even if baby doesnt come for a few more weeks, I think it will help me to come back down to earth and be a little more introspective, thoughtful and attuned to my body. Hard to do when you are working and parenting a toddler, but with work out of the way, things shold ease up a bit...

what are the rest of you guys doing to get yourselves ready, emotionally, mentally, physically?

Mama to Charlotte (2/14/07) and Julian (11/27/10) both born at home.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page