What would you do? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-12-2010, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay so I am trying to decide what to do about a shower I am supposed to go to tomorrow.  It is for my cousin whom I truly love.  The tough part is we were due the same day- 11/5, and she had her baby at 36 weeks, so she has a 5 week old.  Now I am still obviously pregnant and a whole week 'overdue' I just do not know if I can deal with my family all asking me about when is this baby coming, why hasn't your 'doctor' done something yet, yada yada yada. sick.gif We are having a hb, which seems to be the topic everyone wants to talk about. This is #6, I have always stayed pretty close to my dates, usually going early.  I cannot help thinking that if I go people are going to push the whole 'luck' card on me.  Obviously my luck has run out, I have had 2 great natural hospital births and 2 great hb's/  Also my attitude really sucks right now, I want to suck it up and show support to my cousin, but at the same time, ARG!  My other cousin who is an OB may or may not be there and I just cannot stand the thought of her ramming her dogma down my throat.  She literally does this every time I see her, birth is unsafe-surgery is!  That is her attitude, despite the fact she has never been pregnant, had a child, or seen a natural birth!  Okay I am done ranting, help me decide ladies~confused.gif

wife to an amazing hippie man, momma to many~3 DS/ 3DD  novaxnoIRC.gif homebirth.jpgcd.gif homeschool.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2010, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Maybe if you plan to go to the shower you will just end up going into labor. winky.gif Or maybe it will just provide a good distraction as you wait for your baby to come. I can see how you might now want to deal with all those people and questions though. If you go you might just want to prepare some snappy comebacks for that OB cousin that pesters you. Good luck!

June Bug- 3 years and growing, Baby Emmett- 8 months and on the move!

Old 11-12-2010, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

DDCC - You could show up in the very beginning before the party starts, hang out and talk to your cousin (and let her know you're supporting her but need time away from the family), and then be on your way when the other guests start showing up.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !

User Tag List