delete

Mommy to Little Girl, Age 3. Baby Boy, Age 8 months.  caffix.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2010, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

(((((HUG))))) I was fully expecting this baby to be early..so I know how you feel, mama.

Im not actually feeling too unhappy about how its turned out though. I mean, I do have moments of impatience and frustration but mostly Im glad I have this time to be even more ready.

I am 40+4 today but now that Im over my EDD fully expecting to go to 42 weeks.. That thought makes me cringe, but really its only another week and a few days.

I am trying to keep busy, but rested at he same time.. doing lots of knitting, housework...because I NEED to have a tidy house these days.. playing outside in the fresh air and seeing friends has been helpful. and I look forward to my weekly MW appointments and my chiro appointments,  the monday afternoon group im part of for the next few weeks.... there does always seem to be something to occupy the time and now that im SO much better life actually feels fun again, so i'm grateful.

im looking forward to my BlessingWay on Sunday and tomorrow is a clothing swap and movie night at a friends place :love

the days will slip by and soon we will both be holding pour new little ones and it will feel like we never waited a moment!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 11-13-2010, 07:03 AM

Thanks for starting this thread! I wanted to start one too, but kept forgeting. ;)

41 weeks today... And actually if we were going by my LMP I would have reached 42 weeks yesterday. So glad I kept track of ovulation this time around! I didn't with Liam, and ended up being induced at 41+5.. looking back I realized that my due date with him was 10 days earlier than it should've been, and I did NOT want that to happen again this time.. I thought for sure since I had my date NAILED that I wouldn't go "over" again.... but here I am!! I think part of it is because I have been sick, and my body isn't going to go into labor until I am well again... which should be soon because I am finally starting to feel a LOT better!!!

I had an appointment with my MW Thursday, and she is so encouraging. She was assuring ME that he was healthy (based on heartbeat, accelerations, and his movement during the appointment) and that I was doing great and everything was fine and she didn't want to do anything to start my labor yet. And that she didn't want me to "feel late" yet.. She did check my cervix (she also checked it 2 weeks ago, I had a LEEP done last year and we've been a little worried about scar tissue, but it seems like there isn't any at all!!) and said that it had made a lot of progress since the last check! So good to know that my body is doing something....

I am having a really hard time trusting my body though.. since I was induced with Liam, and here I am a week passed EDD.. I feel like my body doesn't know how to go into labor.. :(

I really need to remember the things you said L&J's Mama.. especially about enjoying these last few one on one days with my 2 year old. :) Soon we will have our babies and we will be wishing life was a little easier.. :lol

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

Old 11-13-2010, 08:16 AM

I am in the same boat! Thanks for starting this thread.  I am 41w1d today!  I am really just feeling done, but I am trusting His timing versus mine!   We had a stomach bug that went through all of us, we had our first day with no one puking yesterday!  So I was thinking anytime baby.  Then this morning I woke up to no heat in the house.  The furnace is broken.  Luckily it is only getting down into the 20's at night so it stayed at 59 degrees last night.  But that is way too cold for a home birth so some one is coming to look at it later today!  My husband has an interview for a job we have been waiting to open since September on Monday so I am really hoping this weekend the baby will come, so he does not have to miss that!  Anyway I feel like time is running out for me here!  I just want my baby here, as i am feeling too big and uncomfortable to do anything else.  I know I should be enjoying this time, but I am really just want to hold my baby!!!!

wife to an amazing hippie man, momma to many~3 DS/ 3DD  novaxnoIRC.gif homebirth.jpgcd.gif homeschool.gif
Old 11-13-2010, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

delete

Old 11-13-2010, 04:57 PM

Unfortunately, I'm part of the club!  I will be 41 weeks tomorrow and if I am not in labor or having this baby on Monday, I risk out of delivering at the birth center AKA automatic hospital birth.  mecry.gif

That is the only reason I feel so rushed to have this baby.  If I had until 42wks to deliver at the birth center, I wouldn't care so much.  I just feel like delivering at the birth center vs the hospital is what's best for me AND the baby.

So I had the MW sweep my membranes on Thursday...nada.  THEN I got acupuncture done last night.  That was sooooooo cool!  Every time he adjusted the needles, I would get a contraction...a BH contraction, but it still meant it was getting things going!  Not 3 hours after I got home, I lost my mucus plug and had bloody show.  And it keeps coming.  Now, since the middle of the night, I have had some pain to my contractions...the lovely lower abdomen, wrap around to the lower back kind of pain.  I'm really hoping that this turns out to be the real thing.  The MW I saw on Thursday predicted that she would deliver my baby this weekend and she's on call tonight from 7pm to 7am.  I saw her this morning at Trader Joe's, so hopefully that's an omen.  fingersx.gif

I am a little envious that all of you ladies can be so zen about going past your due date, but as I said, I would be too if the issue of where I delivered was taken off the table!

Happy waiting and birthing to everyone! goodvibes.gif

Vegan family since 2011 - Wonderful DS1 born 1/08. Treasured DS2  born 11/10.

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." - Maya Angelou

Old 11-13-2010, 05:36 PM

I'm not part of the club yet (40 wks is next Wed), but I've been there 3 times and fully anticipate to be postdates again.  Every day past your due date seems to last 1000 years!  You have my full sympathy...

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 11-13-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaJunkie View Post

Unfortunately, I'm part of the club!  I will be 41 weeks tomorrow and if I am not in labor or having this baby on Monday, I risk out of delivering at the birth center AKA automatic hospital birth.  mecry.gif

That is the only reason I feel so rushed to have this baby.  If I had until 42wks to deliver at the birth center, I wouldn't care so much.  I just feel like delivering at the birth center vs the hospital is what's best for me AND the baby.

So I had the MW sweep my membranes on Thursday...nada.  THEN I got acupuncture done last night.  That was sooooooo cool!  Every time he adjusted the needles, I would get a contraction...a BH contraction, but it still meant it was getting things going!  Not 3 hours after I got home, I lost my mucus plug and had bloody show.  And it keeps coming.  Now, since the middle of the night, I have had some pain to my contractions...the lovely lower abdomen, wrap around to the lower back kind of pain.  I'm really hoping that this turns out to be the real thing.  The MW I saw on Thursday predicted that she would deliver my baby this weekend and she's on call tonight from 7pm to 7am.  I saw her this morning at Trader Joe's, so hopefully that's an omen.  fingersx.gif

I am a little envious that all of you ladies can be so zen about going past your due date, but as I said, I would be too if the issue of where I delivered was taken off the table!

i can totally understand your feeling of worry.. if  i knew i wouldn't be able to have a home birth past a certain day i would be freaking out too. my midwife is fine till 43 weeks and i cant imagine going that long.. 42 weeks seems to be my gestation.

BUT the acupuncture sounds like it did the trick! thats fantastic. i hope that it keeps progressing for you and you are holding that baby VERY soon.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 11-13-2010, 11:21 PM

I'm in the club too. I'm 41 weeks Monday. I've never gone this long. I thought that maybe yesterday was going to be the day but my contractions fizzled out and today not much has gone on. I have lost a lot of my mucus plug and had some bloody show, yesterday when my midwife checked me I was at 3 cm.

I'm trying my best to stay positive and appreciate these last few days, but I am so very uncomfortable I feel nauseous after I eat, I can't sleep, it's just hard. I am so anxious and excited to meet this baby and every night I go to bed I pray that it's "the night".

Maria
stay at home mom to 2 girls 11/20/03,3/09/07 and 2 boys  2/28/05 and 11/16/10 and one on the way 1/13/12

Old 11-13-2010, 11:27 PM

maria, we had the same EDD..

i hope we all have our babies very soon! goodvibes.gif

Quote:

Old 11-14-2010, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

delete

Old 11-14-2010, 05:37 PM

i'm feeling wacky today too. and not zen at all. i have been incredibly moody and irritable.

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

Old 11-15-2010, 06:49 AM

I WANT MY BABY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! splat.gifCuss.gifbawling.gif

Old 11-15-2010, 07:49 AM

hug.gif Catie...

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 11-15-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatherine185 View Post

I WANT MY BABY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! splat.gifCuss.gifbawling.gif

yeahthat.gif  (((hUGS)))

Quote:

Old 11-15-2010, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

delete

Old 11-15-2010, 10:26 AM

I would have gone on off the poor person!  Kudos for not reaching out and slapping them!  Such good self control!bouncy.gif

wife to an amazing hippie man, momma to many~3 DS/ 3DD  novaxnoIRC.gif homebirth.jpgcd.gif homeschool.gif
Old 11-15-2010, 10:46 AM

I hate conversations like that, like people think you have CONTROL over what day baby shows up.  Grrr.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:50 AM

Everybody seems to think that baby is going to magically show up on my EDD. People keep saying, "oh, you have two more days to relax, how nice!" or "only two more days! then the bb will be here!"

Uh, wut? It isn't some sort of magical date, guys. Chill.

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
Old 11-15-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaJunkie View Post

TeaJunkie-  How are you, did things progress?

I thought for sure I was going to be having a baby today.  Overnight I had great contractions for about 3 hours, then they stopped.  I go for my first accupuncture appt this afternoon- can it really work that fast!!!!

It is time for some laboring around here!!

Meghan, Married to Scott, Mother to Audrey- 2, and Expecting Nov 10th
Old 11-15-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambom View Post

TeaJunkie-  How are you, did things progress?

I thought for sure I was going to be having a baby today.  Overnight I had great contractions for about 3 hours, then they stopped.  I go for my first accupuncture appt this afternoon- can it really work that fast!!!!

It is time for some laboring around here!!

I haven't had the baby yet but I have high hopes for today!  The acupuncture sure did something though because I was 3cm and -1 station today as opposed to 1cm and -3 before the acupuncture.  The MW stretched me a bit (yay, fun!) but didn't want to sweep my membranes because I'm GBS+.

I have had more painful contractions since the MW appt and I go get acupuncture again in 1.5 hours.  I hope this does it because I have until midnight to be in active labor or I have no chance of delivering at the birth center!!  fingersx.gif

I really hope it the acupuncture works for you, too!  There is still time to have a baby today!!  goodvibes.gif

Vegan family since 2011 - Wonderful DS1 born 1/08. Treasured DS2  born 11/10.

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." - Maya Angelou

Old 11-15-2010, 06:29 PM

hope it's working for you tea junkie!!!!

I'm seriously debating castor oil right now but know I will most likely chicken out, not to mention I don't have any. Each day seems to be dragging on and on and on at this point. I wish I could just chill out, but it's just not happening.

Maria
stay at home mom to 2 girls 11/20/03,3/09/07 and 2 boys  2/28/05 and 11/16/10 and one on the way 1/13/12

Old 11-15-2010, 07:54 PM

i need to witch too demon.gif  (confession - i'm only 3 days past my EDD) but i am going out of my head with the wait.  it's my fault - i was a couple of days before my EDD with both of my boys, and only a day or 2 after with my daughter.  so, i figured i would go a day or 2 before this time too (i'm having a boy). 

things are so different this time around too - nearly 2 weeks of prodromal labour - it's head-wrecking, and at this point, discouraging >:(  with my other 3 kids, there was a clear start to labour, and it was pretty much: lose mucus plug, start contractions, have baby.  just goes to show that it can really be different no matter your history.

my MW appt 2 weeks ago had my cervix, soft, midline and 1cm dilated.  good.  last week my cervix was forward, effaced (nearly all the way) and i was 2 cms AND baby's head was engaged.  GREAT!  i figured that birth would be within 2 days of that since usually with subsequent kids, when the head is engaged, things are good to go.  AAARGHHH!  apparently not this time hammer.gifi see my MW again tomorrow...i am VERY tempted to have a stretch n' sweep.  but i might not.  i have always said that baby knows when s/he is ready.  i just don't know at this point.  i'm annoyed cuz last week was gorgeous weather for here (manitoba) and everything was ready, the house was (emphasis on WAS) clean, and we were all healthy.  now the weather is colder (no big surprise, but still), house is dirty and we're all fighting off colds!Cuss.gifthat fact will probably make me decline the sweep - i can't imagine how much it would suck to sorta keep my kids away from the new baby; they're very eager to meet the new one too!  it will make me sad indeed to have to semi-restrict access to baby due to excessive sneezing/coughing.bawling.gif

i am so discouraged and ticked off. splat.gifnow i am thinking that all the stress is preventing labour from starting.  gah!!!

my heart goes out to all of you who are much further along in the waiting game than i - especially those who are fighting the "induction clock" praying.gif

Crunchy Catholic Cancer Survivor
Married SAHM to DS (6) DD (4) DS (2) and DS born Nov 17, 2010
Old 11-15-2010, 10:45 PM

aww mama's! (((HUG)))

teajunkie, i saw my mw today and she checked me too (im a stretchy 4cm!) and did a S&S.. which didn't hurt and she said she probably didn't do it vigorously enough but she was worried about to hurting me.. im going back to see her again tomorrow for another one.

she has a training set up for thursday for 5 days away from town..it is only going to be an hour away but I really want to have the baby before then, so im going to go get them done everyday till she goes..not sure if it did much though. i havnt even had any bloody show :( that said, my sil and i went to the hotsprings a few km away tonight and had a nice long soak and swim in the cold rain and i feel so much happier and more zen. and im having contractions tonight which is good, right? it can only bring me closer to holding my sweet baby.

pom: its hard, no matter how many days past you are when you had an expectation to go earlier.. im so there right now. <3

Quote:

Old 11-16-2010, 04:42 AM

well,

accupuncture yesterday- bloody show this morning- must have been having contractions last night- I had a little cloth with lavender and clary sage under my pillow, so I slept really well

using the breast pump this morning and have accupuncture again today

here's hoping....

Meghan, Married to Scott, Mother to Audrey- 2, and Expecting Nov 10th
Old 11-16-2010, 08:00 AM

Yay Meghan - I hope this is the start of it!

Old 11-16-2010, 08:06 AM

I hope it works Meghan!!!! I may go in for some acupuncture today too:)

Maria

Old 11-16-2010, 08:08 AM

Well, today's my due date, so I'm going to consider myself part of the club. :) I thought I would go early considering it's my third (don't ask me why I thought that..lol) but now that I've reached my dd, I'm soooo ready.  My midwife has a little bit of a cold so it's best if this baby can wait a couple days, but that doesn't make it any easier on me. 

Lisa ~ Homeschooling mama to 9yo ds and 7yo dd both born at home and expecting #3 in November!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:47 AM

goodvibes.gif Meghan!

avasmom, I hope the acupuncture helps things get going! I may need to go visit my Chinese Dr. friend in the next few days if nothing starts happening..sadly she just moved out of town, but she isn't super far away..

lisalee: happy EDD! love.gif

41+1.. still pregnant. no sign of baby. going on for another S&S at 10:45, then chiro at 11:10..then MotherCare group..so at least the morning will be full and i wont have to think about not having had a baby yet.. Im working on another hat for myself, but its going rather more slowly than the last 2 i just knit in one day each.. my inspiration is waning. I will probably come home and clean house again. I havn't really done much other than dishes and some laundry in a few days and things are not up to birthing standards..dp works tonight (yay, i need him out of the house for a while) maybe i will bake a cake in hopes that we have a birthday to celebrate in the next day or two...

Quote:

User Tag List