Juliet is here! My birth story! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 11-13-2010, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

On Thursday, I went to my OB and had them drain some very painful underarm cysts.  The pain was horrendous.  I had others starting in my other arm as well.  It is related to pregnancy hormones.  To stop them from spreading, we decided to induce.  This morning (11/13) we came in for an pitocin induction.  It is her due date!  I came in at 4 cm, 80% effaced, and -2.  They started pitocin at 9am.  I had mild contractions off and on.  I had some painful ones but they didn't stick around.  I wasn't in active labor.  I was afraid it wouldn't work.  Some contractions were 40 minutes apart!  So, at 1:30pm I was checked.  I was the same!!!  Hours of pitocin (and them constantly upping the dose) did nothing for me at all.  The Dr broke my water.  Wow, that did it!  Within minutes, I had the worst contractions one after another with no break.  I started shaking and puking uncontrollably.  It was terrible and I couldn't move because of the IV (pitocin, antibiotics for my arm, and water).  I lost it and started bawling.  The contractions continued to grow stronger and flow together.  I went to go to the bathroom to see if I could pee and that was a struggle because of the pressure.  I finally did and I went to wash my hands when I got hit by a super strong contraction and lots of pressure.  I made it a few steps when the pressure to push became overwhelming.  I called for help and within seconds, I had everyone there.  They (my nurse, ob, resident, and student) all came and tried to help me onto the bed and into the stirrups.  I wanted to fight and run away.  The pain was so incredible and I felt like I couldn't move.  They got my legs up and told me to push.  It took only 3 pushes to get her out.  I was so afraid of the pain but pushing did help.  The sensation of her coming out was painful but relieving.  She came out and let out a small cry.  They cleared her lungs and handed her to me.  She is soooo precious!!!!  Then they checked me for tears (none!) and delivered the placenta.  Despite heavy postpartum bleeding in the past, I didn't have a lot of bleeding and they said it was less then most.  They then weighed and measured her and did all the typical procedures.  She is absolutely perfect and nursing like a champ.  She has a head full of dark hair and just a perfect face.  She is an angel.  I am so in love and can't describe it.  This was not my dream birth or dream birth place but it was much better then I expected and I have been blessed with great staff.  Induction sucks but I am glad it worked out.  I couldn't ask for a better baby.  She is my smallest baby by far and she seems so tiny to me (my others were 9 lb 15 and 23 inches and 9 lb 6 oz and 22 inches).  My other daughters came and saw her and are in love as well.  I am so blessed to have 3 perfect daughters!  So, I am still at the hospital and hope to be released tomorrow morning (sunday), but it could be late Sunday. 

So, here is my baby's stats - Juliet Elizabeth, 8 lb 2 oz and 20 inches long born at 3:30pm on 11/13

Amber (31) - Married to my high school sweetheart for 13 years, mom of 4 amazing kids (ages 12, 8, 3, and 16 months), homeschooler, and expecting our 5th child around May 18th!
#2 of 16 Old 11-13-2010, 09:13 PM

Congratulations!  Juliet might be small to you, but she is bigger than any of my 5 children were.:-)

Enjoy!

#3 of 16 Old 11-14-2010, 02:27 AM

Congrats!

DH is Ricky, dd born 10/06 and due 11/26/2010 !
#4 of 16 Old 11-14-2010, 05:01 AM

Congratulations!

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#5 of 16 Old 11-14-2010, 05:31 AM

congratulations, mama!!!! hearts.gif

ariana, mama to beautiful redheaded girls (oct 07) and (nov 10)

#6 of 16 Old 11-14-2010, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congratulations!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#7 of 16 Old 11-14-2010, 08:14 AM

Wow, sounds like a wild ride!  Congratulations! :joy

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#8 of 16 Old 11-14-2010, 08:19 AM

Congrats mama...and welcome sweet baby Juliet!hearts.gif

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#9 of 16 Old 11-14-2010, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Congratulations!

Do the pregnancy-related cysts have a name? I had a similar problem mid-pregnancy.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#10 of 16 Old 11-14-2010, 08:56 AM

Congratulations!  And I love that name, so beautiful!

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#11 of 16 Old 11-14-2010, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you!!!  I am so very much in love!  It was a crazy experience but so worth it.  I am very ready to leave the hospital because it is so annoying being poked around the clock and dealing with dumb hospital policies.  Oh well.  Once the doctors all come in, I am hoping we will be discharged soon.  Juliet is sleeping soundly now and just lovely!  I will post a picture once I get home since I forgot my camera cord at home.  Anyways, thank you everyone! 

Amber (31) - Married to my high school sweetheart for 13 years, mom of 4 amazing kids (ages 12, 8, 3, and 16 months), homeschooler, and expecting our 5th child around May 18th!
#12 of 16 Old 11-14-2010, 09:38 AM

Congratulations on another beautiful daughter! :love

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#13 of 16 Old 11-14-2010, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelotmom View Post

Congratulations!

Do the pregnancy-related cysts have a name? I had a similar problem mid-pregnancy.

I believe it has a name but I can't remember what it is.  The doctors told me that it is somewhat common and it is from excess hormones and a sensitivity to them.  I battle these issues with every pregnancy and I am prone to them on birth control as well (which is why I won't use hormonal birth control).  They said the only real answer to the skin issues is delivery.  So, I am hoping now that I had her, my skin issues will go away.  I need to go back and get these cysts re-cut though since they didn't drain properly, so not looking forward to that, but oh well.  All the skin issues in the world are worth my precious girls.

#14 of 16 Old 11-14-2010, 07:09 PM

Congratulations! Sounds like a very intense experience--great job, mama! Enjoy that snuggly little one.

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH
#15 of 16 Old 11-14-2010, 11:36 PM

Congratulations Amber!joy.gif

What is up with some ob's obsession with getting our feet up in stirrups????  I am so happy for you that the pushing phase was so short, it sounds like you had been through more than enough at that point.hug.gif

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#16 of 16 Old 11-15-2010, 05:47 PM

congratulations!!! joy.gif

Crunchy Catholic Cancer Survivor
Married SAHM to DS (6) DD (4) DS (2) and DS born Nov 17, 2010

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page