And how are your big kids doing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-16-2010, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Because, sigh, mine have been challenging.  Ds, who NEVER EVER wakes in the night, has been up for the past 2 nights in a row wanting to climb into the big bed.  Both times he's said he had a nightmare.  First night, I'm sure that's what it was because I could hear him thrashing around in his room.  Last night....well....I'm not sure i'm buying it.  I've tried to talk to him about jealousy because his 2 little sisters are now in my bed (dh moves to dd1's bed in the night) but either he's not grasping the concept, not experiencing this, or not admitting to this.  He says he's cold, which he could very possibly be, but the timing is interesting. Four in our queen size bed is just not physically possible.

Dd1 has also been somewhat of a pill.  Not really toward the little sister, but toward me.  Of the two, I guess that's the better option, but it makes for one crabby mommy.  Any patience that she has developed in the past 3 1/2 years is GONE.  Didn't help that my first day of managing all 3 by myself included 2 trips to the pediatrician and dh working extra late.

Tell me I'm not alone.

#2 of 9 Old 11-16-2010, 06:53 AM

I'm not there yet, but I'm anticipating some behaviour from mine as well.  hug.gif to you - it's so hard to be hormonal and frustrated and sleep deprived, all at the same time.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#3 of 9 Old 11-16-2010, 06:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

My toddler is the only one having issues here. The big kids have been a little crazy and hyper but love their baby sister. My toddler likes her...but is insanely jealous. She also spends at least an hour in the middle of the night screaming because she wants to cuddle next to me and the baby. Which would be fine if she wasn't such a violent sleeper who kicks the baby.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#4 of 9 Old 11-16-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post

My toddler is the only one having issues here. The big kids have been a little crazy and hyper but love their baby sister. My toddler likes her...but is insanely jealous. She also spends at least an hour in the middle of the night screaming because she wants to cuddle next to me and the baby. Which would be fine if she wasn't such a violent sleeper who kicks the baby.

i could have written that...  although jealous is maybe not the word here...more like insecure.  lots of meltdowns in an otherwise very happy and easygoing little boy.  my hubby is getting very frustrated with him about it, but i keep reminding him to be patient and understanding with him.

lady.gifMama of: DSjammin.gif (9), twins DDjoy.gif & DSautismribbon.gif (6), DSkid.gif (3), and DDbabygirl.gif born 11/2010

#5 of 9 Old 11-16-2010, 10:09 AM

Did I tell you all about the picture my toddler drew for me?  It's me, with her in my belly and the baby at the edge of the page. lol  Yes, she's jealous!

#6 of 9 Old 11-16-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post

We're right there with you too! To be honest, dh and I have no idea how to hadle it...I feel so guilty. She's used to being able to snuggle up to me when she wakes at night but now it seems I'm always feeding the baby whenever dd1 wakes up and we haven't found a way for us all to comfortably be close. It breaks my heart to hear her cry for me and have to tell her that her baby sister needs me. It also doesn't help that she wants nothing to do w/ dh at night and I mean NOTHING :(. How do you all handle this issue?

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and just welcomed DD2 (11/10)!
#7 of 9 Old 11-16-2010, 11:13 AM

Pull my hair out.  

Seriously, I have no idea.  I try to talk to her about it but being a month away from 3, she could give a rat's patootie what I have to say as she's determined to get her way.  But I can't without bodily injury to the baby.  

#8 of 9 Old 11-16-2010, 11:43 AM

Yeah, the talking does little around here too. It's like she's a different kid at night.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and just welcomed DD2 (11/10)!
#9 of 9 Old 11-16-2010, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori19 View Post

Yeah, the talking does little around here too. It's like she's a different kid at night.

No kidding!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page