How many of us are still pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know we're only halfway through the month, but with all the babies that have already come (combined with my preggo brain), it really seems like there aren't a lot of us left.

So....who is still waiting for baby?

I am - I'm 40 weeks tomorrow, and am anticipating being pregnant for at least another 1.5 weeks.

Who else is out there?

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#2 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 10:32 AM

I know, I'm feeling very left out, even though I'm still over a week from my due date (the 25th). I'm ready NOW for this baby to come out -- plus I don't want the baby to have a birthday that will fall on Thanksgiving from time to time, and his older half-brother's birthday is the 26th.

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#3 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 10:43 AM

Me!  40 weeks tomorrow as well and one part of me wouldn't be surprised to have a baby in my arms in the next two days (on day three of constant and increasing intensity prodromal labor) but then the other rational side of me says it could easily be another 10 or more days.  Maybe all of us Nov. 17th-ers will have their babes on their "due" dates!

#4 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 10:50 AM

Still here. Due date November 18. Today is as good as any other day to have a baby.

#5 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 10:59 AM

Still here! Well I am the tail end of our DDC 11/30 but I though it might happen yesterday.

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
#6 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 11:03 AM

still here ;) was due the 6th... waiting waiting... I only have 4 more days....

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#7 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 11:09 AM

still pregnant here too.  38 weeks today.  due nov 30th.  my midwife this morning said that i am next in line, though :lol

ariana, mama to beautiful redheaded girls (oct 07) and (nov 10)

#8 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 11:11 AM

Me!  I'm also due tomorrow.  I am feeling pretty impatient but I don't think baby is coming any time particularly soon.

#9 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 11:20 AM

Still here.  39 +2 today.  This is the longest I've ever been pregnant--my others were 39 and 37+2.  I am not good at waiting.  To make matters even more frustrating, nothing is happening.  No BH, no leaks, no nothing.  No amount of walking, sex, EPO, or RRL does anything.  I'm just huge and uncomfortable and grumpy.  crap.gif  Every day my five year old tells me that she's excited to meet BabySister and when will she be here?  I don't know, maybe NEVER!

#10 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 11:36 AM

39+3 here!  Due Saturday, but really hoping she comes sooner.  Like, today :)

Jennie, mama to Wyatt (3/25/09) and Emma (11/22/10) novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpg
#11 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 11:58 AM

38 weeks today. I see my midwife this afternoon, but really don't feel like baby is in any hurry to come out!

#12 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 12:47 PM

Today's my due date...and no signs of labor yet.  I hope I don't go too far past my due date, as you all can understand, I'm ready for this baby to be earthside and to not be pregnant anymore! 

Lisa ~ Homeschooling mama to 9yo ds and 7yo dd both born at home and expecting #3 in November!
#13 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 12:57 PM

Still here too- due 11/5.  I am just about going crazy!!!!!banghead.gif  This baby has to come out at some point!  I am tried of trying to co-ordinate every day with a back up plan in case I go into labor!!!!  I have had tons of prodromol labor and I 4 cm dilated, paper thin stretchy cervix, bulging bag of waters.  I had a S&S yesterday and today had bloody show and lost my plug(first time for me) and so I am feeling like things are happening.  Hopefully today or tomorrow, if I make it Friday-41wks, then I am going to cry!

wife to an amazing hippie man, momma to many~3 DS/ 3DD  novaxnoIRC.gif homebirth.jpgcd.gif homeschool.gif
#14 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 01:20 PM

still here.. was due the 8th.. im 41+1 today..*sigh*

having some bloody show after a S&S today and yesterday.. my midwife says my cervix is totally different today (more stretchy, responsive) than it was yesterday..so that's something!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#15 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 01:55 PM

Due tomorrow, as well. Didn't realize how many of us there were due on the 16th/17th! Maybe TMI - but Valentine's day was what got me and DP this due date, obviously I'm not the only one! orngtongue.gif

Thanks for starting this thread, Bobbi. It is really making me feel better to see that there are still lots of November mamas waiting for their babies.

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#16 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 01:58 PM

ME! I'm 41 weeks +2 days.

Maria
stay at home mom to 2 girls 11/20/03,3/09/07 and 2 boys  2/28/05 and 11/16/10 and one on the way 1/13/12

#17 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrenSquare View Post

Due tomorrow, as well. Didn't realize how many of us there were due on the 16th/17th! Maybe TMI - but Valentine's day was what got me and DP this due date, obviously I'm not the only one! orngtongue.gif

Thanks for starting this thread, Bobbi. It is really making me feel better to see that there are still lots of November mamas waiting for their babies.

Yes - we aren't the only 17th-ers left, Farren!  That makes me feel a bit better, although I fully anticipate being here until the end of the month.  My niece really wants me to have the baby on her birthday (the 25th), which is still a possibility, I guess.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#18 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 04:23 PM

38 weeks and 4 days!~ I am so ready to have this little guy! Can't wait to meet him... He is Posterior at my MW appointment today and I had allot of back pain, I even moped floors today for about an 1.5 and he still was PO... I have been Hands and Knees at night while I watch TV, Eeerrr I have never had a Po baby, Does anyone have any advice? Does the placenta make a difference its in the front, does he like facing the placenta?

Daughter (7.5) Son(5) and Husband of 9 Years!!  saynovax.gifhomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgh20homebirth.gif
***5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40*stork-boy.gif
#19 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Banned

I'm pregnant, too!  I'm trying to savor it-- I remember last time it was so strange to then be not pregnant. 

My EDD is Nov 22nd, so I've really been thinking this is the last week (DD came a few days after her EDD) and I've gotten REALLY achy and the midwife today said he's LOA and his head is really low!  So now I'm trying to be even more ready for the possibility of his coming at any time.  If he came on his due date or the 24th it would help our family towards a birthday straight-- we're ALL in the mid 20s of different months, so we think that would be fun.  I am very okay being pregnant for now-- I might say Ow ow ow ow going to the bathroom all night but I know it's not going to be for very long.  Now that MW told me about the low head and what the tenderness means, I am going to think even more positively about it, if I can. 

EEEEK I'm getting really excited.  That full moon this Sunday is going to work its magic on us, mamas!  And I am cracking up about V-day bringing on all these babies.  I was just thinking how all our kids are going to be able to track their conceptions back to right around either my or DH's birthdays, lol.

#20 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmi2kids View Post

38 weeks and 4 days!~ I am so ready to have this little guy! Can't wait to meet him... He is Posterior at my MW appointment today and I had allot of back pain, I even moped floors today for about an 1.5 and he still was PO... I have been Hands and Knees at night while I watch TV, Eeerrr I have never had a Po baby, Does anyone have any advice? Does the placenta make a difference its in the front, does he like facing the placenta?

I know you've probably already been to spinningbabies to see their advice-- they should also have positions for during birthing to get baby to move well.  I know HypnoBabies has advice about back labor-- something about the belly lift?  Maybe the yahoo group for HB has some info on it.  But also my MW says that with experienced mamas, your body knows how to open up and let that baby out, and often baby will turn just so during actual birthing.  I hope it works out for you!

#21 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 06:36 PM

me!    Due Turkey day.  Lost my plug during the past 24 hours.  Praying it will be tonight because I don't want to start something new at work tomorrow!  Prolly will be a few more days though.

DH is Ricky, dd born 10/06 and due 11/26/2010 !
#22 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 06:42 PM

i'm here too belly.gifdue date was last friday - so i am 40w4d today.  i decided to get things rolling and had the MW do a stretch/sweep this AM.  i may also give the breast pump a whirl later on.  gonna see too if DTD might get things progressing as well.  i officially can't take it anymore!  i wanna meet my baby!!!banana.gif

Crunchy Catholic Cancer Survivor
Married SAHM to DS (6) DD (4) DS (2) and DS born Nov 17, 2010
#23 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

ME!! BUT, I got my food shopping done today - ALL of it!! We have sooo much food in the house now....so baby can come out. lol.gif It was one of the things in my head preventing me from being ready, yk? Now I'm ready.

It HAS to be tonight or tomorrow because...all 3 of our kids were born on one of DP's brother's birthdays (one was born on HIS b-day) so somehow my MIL & I have given birth to 3 babies so far on the same birth dates - and Dp has yet another brother whose b-day is tomorrow (11/16)!!

So I went to 4 different grocery stores...mom & pop wfs, WF market, TJ's and our local store. Plus I went to Goodwill because yk, baby needs MORE clothes. Then I came home and unpacked ALL of the food, brewed a really strong mug of RRL and now I'm going to go have sex *at least* once and will take care of myself with BoB afterward. lol.gif And perhaps I might have my mw do a more stretchy dilation check tomorrow. I don't think I'm supposed to do that since I was GBS+, but mw mentioned bringing labor on. I'll have to ask what she thinks tomorrow. 

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#24 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 06:45 PM

Thanks, I have had wonderful labors and birthing, with my other kids.. I am just being worries for nothing. But I am ready for my baby and I am siding with I don't want to go to work in the morning wouldn't it be nice to have a new baby instead!  LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Margaret View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmi2kids View Post

I know you've probably already been to spinningbabies to see their advice-- they should also have positions for during birthing to get baby to move well.  I know HypnoBabies has advice about back labor-- something about the belly lift?  Maybe the yahoo group for HB has some info on it.  But also my MW says that with experienced mamas, your body knows how to open up and let that baby out, and often baby will turn just so during actual birthing.  I hope it works out for you!

Daughter (7.5) Son(5) and Husband of 9 Years!!  saynovax.gifhomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgh20homebirth.gif
***5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40*stork-boy.gif
#25 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Banned

Haha, that's what DH begged for with DD's birth-- he was getting miserable at his then-job and that Friday was saying it would be great if I could have the baby so he wouldn't have to go back for a long time.  EARLY Monday morning, it started! :)

#26 of 31 Old 11-16-2010, 07:29 PM

I'm still here. Due date is this Friday. Baby doesn't seem to be in any hurry to get here. I'm growing impatient though. Contractions every single night is just plain cruel!

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
#27 of 31 Old 11-17-2010, 06:09 AM

I was due on the 8th and am still pregnant. My others were late (my son 8 days and then induced, my daughter came naturally at 2.5 weeks overdue). I am so ready to be done! Started losing mucous plug yesterday and had a lot of contractions, but they fizzled off.

#28 of 31 Old 11-17-2010, 01:20 PM

Due the 13th and still pregnant, which is normal for me.  I usually go past 41 weeks.  All of this rather intense prodomal, losing my plug over the past three days is not usual for me though.  We'll see what happens!

wave.gif
#29 of 31 Old 11-17-2010, 01:33 PM

I'm just one day shy of 39 weeks, but I am soooooooooo ready. I feel like I've just gotten off a horse after riding for ten hours. My MW says the baby's head is very low and engaged, so I guess that's good.

We did IVF so this journey seems even longer than it would if I'd just figured out I was pregnant at four or six weeks. I've been working on this baby "project" since January!

Oh, and about a month ago DH was facing some awful things at work and said, "I'll give you a million dollars if you'll go into labor before tomorrow." ;) Now it's me who is eager for him to start his paternity leave -- I'm sooooo tired and I could use a break from being the only parent at home all day. Of course, I know when the baby is on the outside it will mean more work and possibly less sleep (though that doesn't actually SEEM possible at this point)...

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#30 of 31 Old 11-17-2010, 04:44 PM

I'm still here. I was 40wks on Sunday.

Kathlin fly-by-nursing2.gif mama to Kezia (3.5) hearts.gif & Cowan (1) diaper.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page