I think (really this time) that Im going to have a baby soon! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 11-17-2010, 04:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, I saw my midwife for a super quick S&S yesterday am, then went to the Chiro (it felt SO good )..Then we did some other stuff around town (mothercare) and went home. Around 3:00 I started to have pretty regular but un-hurty contractions.. I had  been having lots of bloody show and mucous plug bits all day since the S&S.. Then I started to have little gushes of clear fluid (still not sure if its amniotic fluid, but i'm thinking its likely) I called my midwife to update her on my progress and she offered to come check the fluids, but It was bedtime at that point for the LO's so I said I would call her back if anything really changed. No BIG changes, But the contractions havn't stopped since 3 yesterday and have only (slowly but surely) gotten stronger, though farther apart at this point. I was timing them, just for fun, earlier and they were coming at like 2 & 5 minute intervals in clusters and lasting about a minute each.. now it seems like they last more like a minute and a half and are 10 minutes or longer apart.. Im having a TON of bloody show now and still leaking fluids but it doesnt seem so gushy..more just drippy..

I slept for a few hours (went to sleep @ 11) but each contraction wakes me up.. i do have to breathe through them now. Im going to go back to sleep.. its just about 5am.. and try to sleep in.. Then im going to set up the pool and my birth altar...ect.

Im so excited, I think this is finally IT! baby seems very happy...Im doing lots of check in's with him/her and im feeling really happy and content.. no 42 week baby after all! yay!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#2 of 19 Old 11-17-2010, 05:02 AM

very exciting, fern!!!!  i hope you are able to get some rest between contractions!!  can't wait to meet the little one!!love.gif

ariana, mama to beautiful redheaded girls (oct 07) and (nov 10)

#3 of 19 Old 11-17-2010, 06:01 AM

Yay Fern! I hope this is it, good luck today. I'll be thinking about you.

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
#4 of 19 Old 11-17-2010, 06:42 AM

Yay!!!  ELV's Fern!

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#5 of 19 Old 11-17-2010, 06:52 AM

Good luck Fern!  I am hoping and sending good vibes your way!biggrinbounce.gif

wife to an amazing hippie man, momma to many~3 DS/ 3DD  novaxnoIRC.gif homebirth.jpgcd.gif homeschool.gif
#6 of 19 Old 11-17-2010, 06:53 AM

Yay, Fern!!!!!!!!!  I hope this is it too.

#7 of 19 Old 11-17-2010, 06:55 AM

Yay!  I hope you're able to get some rest in between - you haven't had a great night of sleep...I hope baby is here very soon!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#8 of 19 Old 11-17-2010, 07:22 AM

I hope this is it and you get to meet your little baby soon!!! :D

Lisa ~ Homeschooling mama to 9yo ds and 7yo dd both born at home and expecting #3 in November!
#9 of 19 Old 11-17-2010, 07:45 AM

yay Fern!!!! Cant wait for a happy update!

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
#10 of 19 Old 11-17-2010, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

sleep shmeep.. i have rested so much the last month!

oh yeah.. IT'S SNOWING! love.gif

my last november baby waited for the first snow of the year too... strange how things can repeat themselves!

contractions are getting stronger..still kind of far apart, but some are coming closer together.. im sure today will be the day.. or tonight sometime. rue says 3:00 shrug.gif

fire is on.. dp is pumping up the pool!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#11 of 19 Old 11-17-2010, 09:25 AM

Yay Fern - what a cozy day for having a baby!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#12 of 19 Old 11-17-2010, 11:30 AM

Thinking of you, Fern! 

Lots of love.gif and goodvibes.gif headed up your way!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#13 of 19 Old 11-17-2010, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hooray, Fern!  I can't wait to hear more!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#14 of 19 Old 11-17-2010, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Things are going slow but I have been busy cleaning and getting things just so. It better freaking not be a false alarm.. but I feel in my heart that it isn't, Even though my contractions have calmed down a lot in the last few hours. Every time I relax I have really strong ones..its weird..

anyways, I made birthday cheesecake, and set up my Birth Altar which looks so beautiful (but it needs to be evening to properly get the effect..so baby had better come tonight! ) and put the herbs for the lotus birth in a special bowl. I do need to iron the silk ribbon for wrapping the cord..and I want to make ginger muffins (dp is off getting a few things for that project) otherwise im just going to make some yummy supper food.. not sure what yet.. and relax and hope things pick up again once im good and ready!

thanks for all of your thoughts & love & support!

Quote:

#15 of 19 Old 11-17-2010, 01:46 PM

You're on my mind, mama!!  Sounds like you are having a nice, gentle start to your labor.  Just don't tire yourself out though, ok? 

Do take some pics of your birth alter...it sounds lovely!

I love your new avatar pic, by the way!  Where is it from?

love.gifhug.giflove.gif

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#16 of 19 Old 11-17-2010, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post

You're on my mind, mama!!  Sounds like you are having a nice, gentle start to your labor.  Just don't tire yourself out though, ok? 

Do take some pics of your birth alter...it sounds lovely!

I love your new avatar pic, by the way!  Where is it from?

love.gifhug.giflove.gif

thanks mama.. it feels pretty perfect so far! my mw is coming over soon to check on us and then im making muffins. these are the bet muffins ever, and i probably wont be baking much for a while after im thinking..

the art is a woman from around (http://www.earthlyimages.ca/gal_birthing.html )  here who i met briefly at a woman's circle i went to this summer.. but i have had some of her cards for years..since even before my son was born even. the one in my avatar is on my birth altar. she is amazing. my mw actually has the original in her yurt.. its so So lovely!

i think you would really love her work!

and i will take pictures! for sure.

eta, just had another big gush with a strong contraction!  they are about 10 minutes apart again.. but lasting longer and much stronger.

Quote:

#17 of 19 Old 11-17-2010, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Oh Fern I hope so!! It's nice that you have this time to get everything "just so." And how lovely to have a snow-baby! I have at least a couple of those. love.gif

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#18 of 19 Old 11-17-2010, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Oh Fern I'm so excited to hear! I can't wait to hear all about your wonderful birthing story & see pictures of your new sweet squishy family member!! luxlove.gif YAY!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#19 of 19 Old 11-17-2010, 08:48 PM

So exciting! Hoping things are going beautifully for you.

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page