Regular contractions, but they're not painful... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 11-17-2010, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Maybe I'm just having memories of late labor with my first, but I thought "real" contractions hurt!  I'm definitely having some pretty regular contractions every 5ish minutes that last for almost a minute, but they're not really painful, just tight and uncomfortable.  Is this just prodromal stuff or might I actually be in early labor?  I so want this baby to come now!  I've been hoping the whole pregnancy that I go into labor at night so my son can sleep, so this would be the PERFECT time to be in labor!  And my son also came 2 days before his due date, and I'm 3 days before my due date now.  So it *could* be labor, right? Send me some good vibes ladies, I want to be holding a baby by morning thumbsup.gif

Jennie, mama to Wyatt (3/25/09) and Emma (11/22/10) novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpg
#2 of 13 Old 11-17-2010, 06:04 PM

I hope it's labor Jennie!  Keep us updated :)

Lisa ~ Homeschooling mama to 9yo ds and 7yo dd both born at home and expecting #3 in November!
#3 of 13 Old 11-17-2010, 06:33 PM

I hope it's the real thing!  Update us later - inquiring minds want to know!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#4 of 13 Old 11-17-2010, 07:04 PM

Good luck Jennie!

I think the only real way to know if it is real is if it results in the baby being born!

I was having contractions the other day that were regular and nothing ended up happening but someone else was having irregular contractions and had a baby 4 hours later (Casey, right? I would have to double check the thread)

But I really hope it is for you tonight! Especially if this is about the same length of your first pregnancy.

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
#5 of 13 Old 11-17-2010, 07:17 PM

Sending you goodvibes.gifthat this is it, mama!!  Keep us updated if you can!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#6 of 13 Old 11-17-2010, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

DDCC - I hope this is it for you!  I keep having episodes like that though. 

Night before last I had progressively stronger contractions (as close as every 2 minutes) for 6 hours.  They didn't stop with a bath, drinking water, relaxing, or ignoring them so I thought it might be the real thing.  I went to bed... and they stopped.  Cervical check the next day showed no change either.

I'm still hopeful for you though!  I still have 2.5 weeks until my due date.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#7 of 13 Old 11-17-2010, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

My husband and I just DTD in hopes that picks things up thumb.gif Still nothing telling me it's definitely labor, but definitely regular, intense contractions.  I'm going to go try and get some sleep.  I really hope I wake up with heavy contractions that lead to this little girl's birth!  Tomorrow is my brother's birthday, and my other brother was just saying the other day how nice it would be to have both birthdays be the same so he didn't have to remember another birthday orngtongue.gif Sounds like a good enough reason to be born to me!  I'll let you guys know as soon as I know.

Jennie, mama to Wyatt (3/25/09) and Emma (11/22/10) novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpg
#8 of 13 Old 11-17-2010, 08:49 PM

Good luck, I really hope this is it for you!

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH
#9 of 13 Old 11-18-2010, 06:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I need an update!!

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#10 of 13 Old 11-18-2010, 06:48 AM

Jennie - how was your night?

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#11 of 13 Old 11-18-2010, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Everything is still the same.  I got a good night's sleep, even though I was still having pretty consistent contractions.  And they're still going strong this morning, but nothing that is telling me it's definitely labor.  This could go on for days, or I could go into labor real soon and have the baby tonight!  I just can't tell greensad.gif

#12 of 13 Old 11-18-2010, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

How are you doing this evening?  I know the feeling not knowing for sure.  I hope it was just a matter of hours for you and you're in labor or enjoying your newborn by now!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#13 of 13 Old 11-18-2010, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

They're picking up in intensity, so I know it will be *pretty* soon.  Hoping it really picks up tonight, but still not sure.  Please come soon Emma!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page