Mothering Forum banner

Just woke up to TONS of bloody show! He's Here!! Pics ~*~Added the birth story!~*~

7K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  Metasequoia 
#1 ·
Man, I hope this is it. I'm having a contraction right now - definitely feels very pinchy and low in my cervix. I might break out the breast pump...

I've never had a daytime baby - how strange it would be! But I feel like I had some decent sleep and really, everything is ready. I think I'll go eat some breakfast, clean the bathroom, take a shower and see what happens....

I guess the S&S, RRL, DTD and BoB did *something* yesterday...

#11 ·
MW and her assistant came over earlier & mw checked me. I was a stretchy and very soft 4 cm with continual bloody show. She offered to break my water but I declined and then she offered an herbal tincture to bring on labor called Immortal (sp? - it has a French sound to it.) So I took that I think around 11:45 (I wrote everything down upstairs.) Then we hung out for a while and chatted, I've had some contractions that feel very low, crampy/pinchy and continue to have a lot of mucous/bloody show. The mws went out for a bit (nearby) so I could have some alone time, so I just finished cleaning the bathroom and took some belly pics.

All I've eaten today has been a plain burger but my anticipation isn't leaving me with much of an appetite. I've gone #2 at least twice, so I guess I'm clearing out. It's so hard to tell what's just tension from nerves and what's weird contracty feelings, kwim?

Okay, I'm going to go upstairs and either wash dishes, vacuum or cook.

#12 ·
Oh, and how strange to see everything set up! The birthing stool, all of the tools, oxygen tank, trash bags, towels, etc. I've never been prepared before! I wonder if I should just hop in the shower to try to relax - it might speed things up. I'm sort of convinced that my babies refuse to come out in the daytime...

#15 ·
He's here!! Sebastian was born at 9:21pm on Thursday 11/18/10. He weighed 8 lbs even and was 20". I'll type up the birth story soon but for now - my body wouldn't start labor in the daytime (it just never has.) So I went to my bedroom alone at 6:50pm to read a bit. I nodded off almost immediately and woke up at 7:10pm with a *massive* contraction that felt like it was surely going to rupture my bag and dilated my cervix at least to an 8 (I was 6cm at 3:40pm.) I knew we were in business then! I just needed to "turn my brain off" by sleeping for just a few minutes. After that they were intense. I got in the shower around quarter after 8pm - checked my cervix as I progressed which was SO amazing! Squatted during the last two contrax in the shower & felt his head move waaay down with my fingers so I got out. Walked out of the bathroom & past the mws at 9:19pm & said "there's a baby head." Went in the bedroom, my water broke with the next contraction and his head started coming out. I lowered myself to the floor and pushed his head out & said "Can somebody get DP?" (he was downstairs, lol) DP came running in and sat behind me to support my back & I pushed the baby out at 9:21pm~ Just 2 minutes after getting out of the shower & just 2 hrs, 10 mins after that first "real" contraction! Sebastian weighed 8 lbs even and was 20" long. He nurses like a *champ*!

I think if I hadn't had my membranes stripped the day before, I wouldn't have had the bloody show Thursday morning & would have gone about my day as if nothing was going on (because it didn't feel like anything.) Then I would have gone to bed and woken up in labor the way I did with all of my others.

39 week belly shot! 11/18/10 - 1:45pm

Sebastian! Seconds old!

1/2 hour old & nursing like a champ!

11/20/10 ~ 2 days old

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.