Over Due and Wanting to be Done - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-26-2010, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was due 3 days ago, had my membranes stripped with a long soft cervix, baby at -1 and no start in sight. I am starting to get cranky and not having fun. I am tired of people asking if I have had my baby yet or when I am going to 'pop'. I have tried sex, walking, meditation, prayer, begging, etc. I am afraid of going to the hospital because I am over due. My hospital (the only one with in 6 hrs) is a little behind the times on procedures. I really want a home water birth but I will resign if need be.

Any suggestions on starting labor? I am having lots of mucus discharge since my membranes were stripped. DD#1 came 12 hrs late of his due date it was a great homebirth and I am looking forward to another one.I start working on Monday again, I just started a daycare out of my home and have one monster child that totally exaust me by the end of the day. I cant afford to take time off from this work. My hubby will have all next week off work which is good he can watch the kid for me. I just feel like poop and I need some encouragement from other mommas who know what I am feeling.

#2 of 9 Old 11-26-2010, 03:49 PM

Well, I don't have any new suggestions for you, just empathy. I'm 12 days overdue and am doing castor oil today on midwife's suggestion. Having done two rounds after puking up the first, I'm feeling pretty miserable too.hug.gif Went through the drive through today and lovely woman asked when I was due and I said, "12 days ago." And it was hilarious, she goes, "Awwww, twelve day . . .  ago???!!?!?" And immediately smiles and say, "Well any time then. It will be wonderful!"

Any time is not soon enough. How about yesterday??biglaugh.gif

*empathy vibes*

Mom of , , , and . Looooooove my SAHHubby and spend a lot of time here ---->
#3 of 9 Old 11-26-2010, 07:25 PM

Hang in there. I know how you feel. DD was 11 days overdue when I was induced. The resulting labor was so long and exhausting that I think it is just better to hang in there and wait till things happen. Of course, that doesn't mean I haven't tried the spicy food, pineapple, walking, dtd...to get this little guy started. I am "due" on tuesday and am ready to be done too. Not much longer. By the way, dh would crack up if he read this because I have been so impatient lately! ROTFLMAO.gif

June Bug- 3 years and growing, Baby Emmett- 8 months and on the move!

#4 of 9 Old 11-27-2010, 01:51 PM

oh my.  I am so there.  I am 40 +1 and everyone I know has alrady had their baby.  Of course they all had due dates two weeks AFTER me.   If I have to go to work Monday I am going to cry.    Wednesday I will see the doc again and they will ask me if I want to be induced and I will seriously need some strength to say NO.  I was two weeks late with my first, and I was induced, and I just want to know what it is like to have that 'time to go the the hospital' feeling.  My husband has been so nice to me and I have been SO CRABBY!

DH is Ricky, dd born 10/06 and due 11/26/2010 !
#5 of 9 Old 11-27-2010, 09:58 PM

I know how you feel - I was induced for my first 3 (all post-dates) and with this baby, I just wanted to know what it was like to go into labour.  Well, it happened!  (at 41 weeks, mind you, but I did go into labour spontaneously).  I credit the chiro I went to for helping keep my pelvis open so baby could drop sufficiently.  Is that something you would consider (going to a chiro, I mean)?

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#6 of 9 Old 11-28-2010, 10:50 AM

I wasn't overdue, but had a very ripe cervix. I had my membranes stripped on Wednesday, went home & had sex, then broke out the BoB...twice. Sheepish.gif I really think those super intense Os helped with the prostaglandin action. Next morning, I awoke to tons of bloody/mucousy show & gave birth that evening (6 days early.) So my advice is try the BoB, it's more pleasant than having your membranes stripped too.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#7 of 9 Old 11-28-2010, 12:52 PM

have you tried evening primrose oil?  My midwife had me stick 5 up there and even prick little holes in them.  I did it 2 nights and had my son 4 hours after the second dose.  It really seemed to help. 

Fun loving crunchy mommy to an amazing outgoing adventurous boy named Logan Cloud 2/2/07 and our little ball of energy Jayden Edge 11/28/10 and wife to Jet 7/3/05 expecting our third 09/21/14

}
#8 of 9 Old 11-28-2010, 01:31 PM

Silly question, what is the BoB?

I totally hear you though, I was 41 weeks when I went into labour and I thought I was going to go crazy. hug.gif I had my membranes stripped, walked for four hours, ate two whole pineapples over the course of two days, had as much sex as I could handle, drove down some seriously bumpy roads, and had a really good long (relaxing) cry before a good 24 hour long labour kicked in. I have no idea if any of that actually worked or if it was all coincidence, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!  fingersx.gif

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#9 of 9 Old 11-28-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrenSquare View Post

Silly question, what is the BoB?

I totally hear you though, I was 41 weeks when I went into labour and I thought I was going to go crazy. hug.gif I had my membranes stripped, walked for four hours, ate two whole pineapples over the course of two days, had as much sex as I could handle, drove down some seriously bumpy roads, and had a really good long (relaxing) cry before a good 24 hour long labour kicked in. I have no idea if any of that actually worked or if it was all coincidence, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!  fingersx.gif

Farren- I think it was a really good cry that helped me too.  Allowing myselft to release everything I was feeling, I also went into labor the next day.

A ton of evening primrose oil does help with getting the cervix really ripe so that any contractions you have do something.

Meghan, Married to Scott, Mother to Audrey- 2, and Expecting Nov 10th

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page