my dr has an induction scheduled for Tuesday (which would be 41 weeks) I don't want to go through with it--not yet! I want my natural labor and it would be harder with Pit and being stuck on the bed--AND I want to make sure this baby is ready.
I'm pretty sure he will be okay to hold offf a little longer if I suggest that we get an ultrasound, do a stress test, etc (meaning he's not the type to make me or push it if we both don't have medical evidence that it needs to happen now)
what do I need to prepare for? what kinds of things are a RISK to the baby that I might hear about in the ultrasound--which of those are immediate concerns and which are mostly false positives ? (I know you never know, but yea)--
I know there is a concern for the placenta drying up or something like that right? but if amniotic fluid is measuring okay then not a concern?! --can they tell if the baby has passed meconium? ---also I know they will bring up a big baby--my babies are 9lbs 12 oz on time so I'm sure she's getting even bigger in there....and I AM preparing myself to have them tell me she's 15lbs right now--I know the ultrasounds are off all the time with weight (I have many friends who were told their babies were either really big or really small and most of the time it has been wrong) --
what other concerns will I meet and which are realy concerns?!
I don't think I will let it go past 42 weeks (or for my husband's sake)-- but until then I can't see why I should force this yet.
You should definately be able to wait until 42 weeks for induction.
NST will show them how well the baby handles any contractions you have and that the baby is still moving well.
The ultrasound will show them fluid, placenta and size- fluid level will most likely show on the lower end- I think you are ok down to an AFI of 5. With my first mine got down to 6-7 and the doctor wanted my midwife to induce the next day- we didn't. Drink tons of water now that you are overdue to keep the fluid level up.
They can see if there is calcification on the placenta- some is ok and expected at this point. I went into 41 weeks with both of mine and had calcification.
Baby size- you're right is very inaccurate, so I wouldn't take much on that.
thanks for answering. sounds like an ultrasound and NST don't show if really big things are wrong anyways. I'll keep drinking ots of water!!! I guess we'll see what we see. thanks for letting me know the things that are probably a little normal at this point (ie calcification,etc) THANKS!