MisaGoat had her baby! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-30-2010, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Melissa texted me about 2.5 hours ago saying she was headed to the hospital and was in labor at 4 cm with 100% bulging bag.  Then about 15 minutes ago she texted me saying she had her son!!!  She said that labor went quick, he has lots of dark hair, and that he has latched on.  No measurements has been taken yet.  I will update you all if I hear anymore.  Congrats Melissa, I am so very happy for you!!!

Amber (31) - Married to my high school sweetheart for 13 years, mom of 4 amazing kids (ages 12, 8, 3, and 16 months), homeschooler, and expecting our 5th child around May 18th!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2010, 02:42 PM

Congratulations, Melissa!  The wait is over - enjoy your new baby boy!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 11-30-2010, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
joy.gif

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 11-30-2010, 08:38 PM

Congrats, Melissa!  Can't wait for the full story!love.gif

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Woo-hoo Melissa!! Can't wait for the details!! love.gif

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
Old 12-02-2010, 02:58 PM

Just checking in, we are home and doing great. Thank you Amber for posting earlier!

The official announcement:

Finnegan Joseph

21 inches

8 pounds 7 ounces

born November 30th at 3:41 pm

I'll post a full birth story later but briefly-

Woke up with contractions around 6 am that were regular and about 10 minutes apart. They felt different than the contractions I'd been having off and on for the last 2 weeks. So we called my mom to come up and take care of our older son. I checked in with the midwife on call around 9 am. We went over our friends' house that live closer to the hospital. I checked in again around noon and by 1 things had definitely picked up so I went to the office to be checked. I was 4 cm dilated and 100% effaced and she said my bag of waters was bulging so we went to the hospital. I was admitted at 2:20 and he was born at 3:41. I managed pretty well until transition then things got really intense and I didn't realize how close he was to being born until she told me to put my hand down and feel his head which was halfway out. Another push and his head was out and then 3 more for his shoulders. No tears, I feel so much better than when I had my son. We came home last night. He is doing great nursing and my two boys are sitting next to me on the couch, the 4 year old holding the sleeping newborn.

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
Old 12-02-2010, 05:29 PM

Serious Congrats, Melissa!! Welcome to Finnegan, what a great name!! love.gif

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10

User Tag List