no - i am not 4 months pregnant! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-01-2010, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

so, this is baby number two and i realize it has only been 3 weeks...

but can anyone remind me...

how long does it take to stop looking pregnant?

i remember being surprised last time with how long i continued to need to wear maternity tops.

i am not expecting a flat belly or anything.

i realize it is early and the weight is dropping off from breast feeding - 

but i just don't wanna look preggo anymore...

thoughts?

#2 of 4 Old 12-01-2010, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I looked pregnant for about 2 weeks. I still kinda look pregnant, really. But more fat than pregnant. I am not losing weight for some godawful reason. Not a pound in over two weeks. In clothes I just look fat, naked I look fat and about 4 months pregnant. The belly binder helps, but it gets in the way.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#3 of 4 Old 12-01-2010, 10:46 AM

I don't so much look pregnant anymore but I have a serious case of muffin top.  My belly has come down a lot since the 2 week mark, but I could still pass for early pregnancy, and that's having lost all the weight.  I'm in no-mans-land.  My mat pants fall off and my real pants are too tight.  Sweats it is, but when I have to go out I have nothing to wear but my one pair of big jeans I purchased last time I was dealing with pp muffin top.  And I can't wear anything but mat tops or baggy t-shirts thanks to my big jugs, but the rest of the shirt is hanging and looks sloppy.  I feel very frumpy.

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#4 of 4 Old 12-01-2010, 11:45 AM

Frumpy is right.  I have an actual pp wardrobe, being my 6th baby in 11 years, I have gotten what I call my fat clothes out.  I agree the boobs make me look fatter right now.  My fat pants are falling off and my normal ones are still in a box because I know they will not fit and I am not going down that road!  tomorrow is 2 weeks, I do not look pregnant and I am within 5 lbs of prepreggers weight, I just forgot what it looks like!!!yikes2.gif I agree with the frumpy comment, I feel like I lack a lot of luster right now!  My pregnancy glow has vanished and my overwhelmed, under sleeping zombie look is in full effect!  Scary-too bad it isn't halloween!

Babies make great accessories though they make you look not so scary!

wife to an amazing hippie man, momma to many~3 DS/ 3DD  novaxnoIRC.gif homebirth.jpgcd.gif homeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page