Goodbye, November... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-01-2010, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

And hello, December!

It's so bittersweet to have our due date month behind us!  Most babies are here and the waiting is over...  But it's really hard for me to believe that after ALL that waiting that it really has come and gone already!  

I'm glad there's so much to look forward to in the next month, though!  Lots of firsts for my sweet little girl...  Starting to plan our Christmas prep including cutting a tree next week, then my MIL comes in to meet her, we'll have a baby shower the next weekend along with the big boys' Christmas musical, then my MIL leaves and my sister arrives.  My sister will be here through Christmas and her husband will come in, too.  After Christmas, my dad will join us and they'll all be here for my 30th birthday and New Year's!  We won't be company-free until the 6th or so of January.  Thankfully, we had no one from out of town in the first few weeks!

What are you looking forward to with your little one?  Anyone else feeling a little sad about how fast things are going already, perhaps even a little nostalgic for November?

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2010, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It is bittersweet... all of this time and focusing on November being here and now it's gone already. This whole pregnancy has really gone so fast, I can't believe it's done. I don't know if this is my last time, but I think it just might be.... and that makes me sad. I really wanted to enjoy and cherish all of this pregnancy before it ended. :)

Not too much going on necessarily in December for us, some holiday stuff of course... Really this month is us getting back into the swing of life again. Today we went to our homeschool Fun Club group. Tomorrow my boys will go to the Y for the homeschool gym that a friend paid for as a baby gift :) and tomorrow night I have my Parent's Meeting with our local unschool group. I've done nothing really for almost 3 weeks so getting out feels kinda good. I'm tired easily, though... I suppose that will fix itself the more I get out, right??

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:33 PM

Crazy, right?!  My girl will be 3 weeks the Friday and every time I look at her I think about how fast time is going by.  Its amazing that 3 weeks while pregnant was a near eternity but once the babe is born all you have to do is blink and they're not newborns anymore.  It is so bittersweet. 

We don't have major plans for the holidays, which I am thankful for.  We're keeping it very low-key.  I'm still really sore and like you Nic, I tire easily, too.  I really need to pace myself and give myself permission to take it easy. 

Sounds like you've got some busy- but fun- family days ahead of you, Heather.  Enjoy your baby shower!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:56 PM

Totallly know how you feel.  Kinda sad now that November is over but am really looking forward to all the firsts that are ahead.

Fun loving crunchy mommy to an amazing outgoing adventurous boy named Logan Cloud 2/2/07 and our little ball of energy Jayden Edge 11/28/10 and wife to Jet 7/3/05 expecting our third 09/21/14

}
Old 12-01-2010, 07:14 PM

I didn't even realize!  Clara is 3 1/2 weeks old already, and I can tell she's grown, her clothes are fitting better.  Makes me sad.  I finally got around to making footprints to put in her scrapbook, can't believe what a short time she will be so tiny.

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
Old 12-01-2010, 07:25 PM

It is crazy how fast it has flown by. I actually cried this morning. Charlie is one month and four days old now. It's like I blinked and the teensiest stage was behind us. She's actually outgrown a few outfits, and she's now smiling at everyone and interacting.

She is our last baby. With my DS's special needs and the difficulty he's been having adapting, as well as the trouble the last pregnancy gave us (modified bedrest/restriction on activities for three months) we just can't do it again. Plus, we lost 3 pregnancies (and Charlie's twin) just in the past four years. I just cannot lose another pregnancy - my soul can't handle it. I

As dumb as it may sound, I'm actually really grieving never giving birth again. I felt so incredible and powerful this time around, listening to my body and letting the Great Mother work her ways, and I am just sad that I will never do that again. I feel like I did it *right* this time, even though it wasn't perfect, it was incredible.

I'm 23, and so I'm actually coming to the peak of my childbearing years, biologically, and it feels so weird to be done having kids. Logically, realistically, I know this is best. But it doesn't make my heart feel any better. That's kind of the hardest part of November being over, because it's that chapter on my life closing.

Kay
Mama to a wonderful, happy, and delightfully odd little boy who will shortly have a baby sister.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:07 PM

Ahh Kay... I was 22 when my youngest son was born. I almost had my tubes tied. My doctor at the time was really pushing for me to do so... I had 3 children at that point. My husband was done and our families surely wanted us to be done, because more than 3 kids is just insanity apparently?? Anyway... at the last moment I said no to the tubal because you just never know, you know?? 5 years later I conceived my daughter and then Marah came along. You really just never know what the future has in store for you and really sweetie you are so young. After my first daughter was born (she was our fourth) I had said I was never doing this again and I pretty much meant it!! The idea of it being final though... never again, to say that... it really bothered me. I cried and cried, my husband finally said to me "Nichole. We don't have to say never again. It doesn't have to be final... whatever happens, happens. We've always lived that way."

I'm babbling... feeling sorta chatty this evening. I think I said all of that to say... keep an open mind, you might just have another in your future. (unless, of course, you really wish to be done.)

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

User Tag List