Felix Charles is here! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-04-2010, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
He was born just barely in our DDC, early morning Nov 30. He was 8lbs 10oz, 21" - little chunker!

Early labor was long and really difficult - entering my second night of no sleep and difficult but unproductive contractions, I started to get really worried we'd have to transfer for exhaustion and dehydration (I was throwing up every couple hours). Sometime after midnight Monday my midwife left because she didn't consider me in active labor anymore. That was my wall - I had no idea how I was going to make it. Contractions had spaced out to every 7-8 minutes but were stop strong to get any real rest. I decided to get in the tub around 3 or 4 to see if I could stop them enough to sleep. They didn't ease up and I got even more frustrated.

Fortunately our doula had stayed, because I started involuntarily pushing after only an hour or two in the tub. My midwife lives about a half hour away so they had to call a backup who was close by. I thought at the time I was having a premature urge because there was no way I could be that far along. But soon I was pushing in earnest and got out of the tub so they could more actively protect my perineum. My midwife made it, and after about an hour of pushing on hands and knees he was born into DHs arms!

I hemmorhaged badly after delivering the placenta (i think the midwife contributed by using traction too soon) and I have a fairly bad labial tear (he came out with both arms crossed across his chest) so recovery has been slower than I'd like, and now I'm contending with a painful plugged duct, but he is so worth it! We're over the moon.

Pics when I'm on an actual computer!

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2010, 09:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Congrats!!! joy.gif

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 12-04-2010, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congratulations!! Welcome, Felix!  I hope you can rest and heal thoroughly.  Enjoy your babymoon!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 12-04-2010, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congratulations!  Hope you're feeling better soon! 

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
Old 12-04-2010, 11:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Felix was one of our name contenders!  Congrats, mama - rest and enjoy your new babe.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

User Tag List