Weekly Chat Thread 12/16/10 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 56 Old 12-21-2010, 06:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hugs to those having nursing problems.  I had a sore on my nipple with ds, 7 years ago, and I can still remember the nauseating pain that I felt when I nursed him, but it was nothing like the horrors you all are describing.  I was probably within days of throwing in the towel so I'm so impressed that you all are sticking to it.

AFM, the baptism went well.  We did something a little different and baptized her completely naked (hey, saves on figuring out which side of the family's heirloom dress she must wear) and, yes, I got a little baptism of my own when she peed all over me while we were standing by the font.  I thought that I had put a cloth diaper/burp rag between her legs when we stood up.  I was wrong.  Yesterday we got packed up (an endless process at Christmastime with 3 kids) and drove to fil's house.  Little one slept the whole time, 3 yo did great......dh had to stop to pee twice in a 2 hour drive.  But no crib in our room!  Apparently, he has developed a clue!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 56 Old 12-21-2010, 09:15 AM

I just went rounds with mastitis... I probably need(ed) abx but I can't afford them or a doctor's visit right now. I'm mad because I so very rarely get ill and I've been hit hard this past month. Not necessarily with illness but with things that slow me down. I'm so frustrated with my body right now.

I think the infection is gone though... because I spent pretty much 24 hours in a puddle on the couch, unable to move or do anything. I had a fever, the chills, sweats, and my whole body hurt... miserably. I was taking ibuprofen for the body aches and finally last night I took advil and then an hour later took acetamenophin, not ideal but the pain was horrendous and that helped me quite a bit. I think I sweated it out after that... I was drenched, had to change clothes a couple times. Today I feel better... not 100% but better. I'm able to move and do stuff but I'm still taking it easy. I'm a little sad though because I was supposed to go to a solstice party tonight and I'm not well enough to go. :(

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#33 of 56 Old 12-21-2010, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I'm sorry, Nic! hug2.gif

And sorry to all those having nursing issues! My nipples were the worst with #3. I had to wear those Hobbit shells for 2 months. My nipples were bleeding, peeling messes and I cried and screamed every time I nursed. It was so horrible. I am very grateful not to have had to go through that again with #4 or Molly.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#34 of 56 Old 12-22-2010, 12:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, mamas! I can't believe what some of you have persevered through! You should be very proud of yourselves for hanging tough through so much - each one of you! clap.gif

I have ended up with awful pain in the first week (by day 2-3) with each of them. I remember with #2 thinking that there was NO way I could nurse him when he woke up. I just couldn't do it. Then, he fussed and al the maternal instinct kicked in and of course I did, anyway, and nearly screamed. I had DH go that morning to get a pacifier and a nipple shield to try to make it through. This time, I started with a nipple shield and Booby Tubes and such on hand. You'd think that by #4 I'd know how to avoid the awful pain, but, no... I'm not sure if it's just how my body works or that I just always do it wrong or always make babies with small mouths, or what! At any rate, I'm so grateful that, despite not necessarily having the *best* latch, it no longer hurts 95% of the time, and when it does, it's a little discomfort and not the screaming pain that it was.

Has anyone else ever had Raynaud's/vasospasms? Those came much later - 8 months or so? - with #2 and were awful, but not just while BFing. In trying to deal with the vasospasms, I ended up avoiding nursing on one side and got a plugged duct. YEOUCH! I feel so badly for you mamas who are dealing with this stuff! hug.gif

I went and took dinner to a friend who had a baby two weeks ago exactly. Her baby looks SO tiny, so new! Eliana looks just huge and so mature comparatively. I'm trying to pretend she's still a newborn but she is growing up so fast! In fact, last night, she rolled over! yikes2.gif I had put her on her tummy, and she lifted her head straight up and looked around before plopping it down to the side, at which point she was halfway over. A few minutes later, she finished the roll and was on her back. I am just hoping she doesn't decide to make that a regular trick just yet! lol.gif

Baby acne - does it always come and go, like over the course of a day? Or am I more likely looking at a reaction of some sort, either to food sensitivities or external stuff (i.e., clothing irritation)? I have never had a baby with any real baby acne (but I've also never had a girl!) so I am not sure what to make of it... But she gets varying rashy areas and/or splotchy marks all over her face and even some on her neck and such. (I don't think it's heat rash, though it is unseasonably warm here!)

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#35 of 56 Old 12-22-2010, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post

Wow, mamas! I can't believe what some of you have persevered through! You should be very proud of yourselves for hanging tough through so much - each one of you! clap.gif

Couldn't agree more.grouphug.gif

Our thrush has came back (or never completely went away?)  I woke up for their 3 o'clock sodium medication and the blood had fused my nipples to my shirt.yikes2.gif  Dh is picking up some medication for me and the boys on the way home from work that will hopefully knock it out for good.

So is everyone's "I need to fold those" clothes pile as huge as mine?

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#36 of 56 Old 12-22-2010, 05:15 AM

Oh! and Heather, super yaaaaaa on your little one rolling over, how cool is that love.gifall our babies are getting so big.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#37 of 56 Old 12-22-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:

Has anyone else ever had Raynaud's/vasospasms? Those came much later - 8 months or so? - with #2 and were awful, but not just while BFing. In trying to deal with the vasospasms, I ended up avoiding nursing on one side and got a plugged duct. YEOUCH! I feel so badly for you mamas who are dealing with this stuff! hug.gif

Baby acne - does it always come and go, like over the course of a day? Or am I more likely looking at a reaction of some sort, either to food sensitivities or external stuff (i.e., clothing irritation)? I have never had a baby with any real baby acne (but I've also never had a girl!) so I am not sure what to make of it... But she gets varying rashy areas and/or splotchy marks all over her face and even some on her neck and such. (I don't think it's heat rash, though it is unseasonably warm here!)

yes, i have been dealing with vasospasms... i had them all the time with my 2yo, but i'm having them now, too, with this soreness i've been having over the past week.  i guess i'm so used to it from last time that i hardly notice unless i see it...i just rub some lanolin on and the warmth/massage seems to help it stop.

baby acne - brigit's seems to change over the course of a day, but it's generally always in the same places (in her case, upper cheeks).  i rubbed some breastmilk on it the other night and it seemed to lessen the redness...  i don't know what to say about what you are seeing, although if it's not lasting, i wouldn't worry -- i would think it is likely minor irritation; not necessarily an allergy or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBreeze View Post

Quote:

Couldn't agree more.grouphug.gif

Our thrush has came back (or never completely went away?)  I woke up for their 3 o'clock sodium medication and the blood had fused my nipples to my shirt.yikes2.gif  Dh is picking up some medication for me and the boys on the way home from work that will hopefully knock it out for good.

ouch.  :(  hope you get some relief soon!!!  kudos to you for pushing on, though.  bf'ing twins was so super stressful for me, but i didn't have good support or encouragement.

laundry - i lol'ed at this comment.  i remember my twinfant laundry (6 years ago) -- i actually took a picture of the folded baby laundry piled up on my couch because it was so comically ridiculous.  of course i only had 3 children then... now, laundry-folding consists of burying my king-size bed in like 6 loads of laundry, then sorting by person, and maybe getting around to folding each person's basket (if no one will help).  forget putting it away, heh!  more often than not, it sits in the basket until the next round of laundry!

lady.gifMama of: DSjammin.gif (9), twins DDjoy.gif & DSautismribbon.gif (6), DSkid.gif (3), and DDbabygirl.gif born 11/2010

#38 of 56 Old 12-22-2010, 09:30 AM

Isn't it crazy how big our babies seem already??  It seems like in just the past week, Paige went from being a newborn to being a baby. Amazing. And she rolled over, or very nearly, last night, too. From back to front. I say nearly, because she was too close to the bathtub (I'd set her on the bathmat so I could use the toilet!) to make it all the way over. Kind of scary, though, 'cause I'd just left her on the changing table to run into the other room "just for a second!" about an hour before. Guess I won't do that again!

Speaking of scary...we set up a pack-n-play in the living room so we had a safe (ish) place to put her while she sleeps. We figured that's a place where big brother can't poke or pull her. Well, DH and I were in the kitchen (out of sight) for a couple of minutes and when DH came back into the living room, there was a towel over the baby's face! DH freaked out - all he could see were her hands and feet and that towel over her face. He thought she was dead. bawling.gif Once the crisis was past (she was fine; I think the towel had been there for seconds only), DH broke down and cried and we attempted to explain to DS why this was a big deal. He just doesn't seem to get it. Doesn't get that DD is delicate, that she can't defend herself, can't move things, can't say when she doesn't like something. I am getting so tired of protecting her. *sigh* I so wish I didn't have to, but I don't know what else to do. We did finally set up a chair in another room so that I can go in there and lock the door against him if I/we need the space while nursing.

When he isn't being "wild boy", DS can be very loving and affectionate toward his sister. I just wish he could be like that all - or even most of - the time. I try to get him to talk about his feelings toward her (when he is calm), but he just clams up. Nothing we say seems to make a difference. greensad.gif  This is definitely the hardest part of having a baby for me. Really. Pain while nursing? Fatigue? Fussy baby? All easy to deal with in comparison.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#39 of 56 Old 12-22-2010, 10:38 AM

hug2.gif Karen

#40 of 56 Old 12-22-2010, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Heather and Leslie, is Raynaud's/vasospasms when your nipples are white/blanched looking and hurting?  What causes that?  Improper latch?  I'm so frustrated that this is my third child and I can't even pass Latching 101!!!  eyesroll.gif

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#41 of 56 Old 12-22-2010, 11:10 PM

Just stopping in to say hi! Things here are improving daily. Dez was prescribed Lansoprazole (prevacid) and it has been working really well for us. I've also started to eliminate eggs in my diet (goodbye forever, eggnog! mecry.gif) and slowly re-introducing dairy. So far I think dairy doesn't bother him, we shall see.

I attempted to finish some of my last minute xmas shopping this week and it was EXHAUSTING. On Monday my MIL came with me to the mall just to help me get some stuff done, but mostly to spend time with her first grandson. I'll admit half way through the day I had some definite Give Me My Baby Back! feelings, the way she fusses over him. Then today I went out by myself for the first time and I couldn't decide what to try: stroller or baby carrier. Honestly I would have prefered baby carrier but I am really unsure of waking a warm sleeping baby out of a carseat and walking through a huge parking lot in -20*C weather. Even putting him on in the car seams unrealistic as the car cools off FAST and there isn't a lot of room with the babyseat in the middle of the backseat. Any tips?

I'm kind of nervous about the holidays. We are staying at my parent's place overnight on xmas eve and on xmas day she is hosting over 20 aunts, uncles, and cousins. I'm just unsure about being around that much family. I know my mom has pretty much told me that public nursing is NOT welcome, but I think I will welcome the chance to escape. I'm also planning on wearing Desmond as much as possible.

Speaking of which, we got an Ergo! We are using it with the infant insert, so far Dez will fuss for the first 2-5 minutes and then he usually just falls asleep.

My "I need to fold that" pile is OUT OF CONTROL. We mostly just fish from the clean baskets these days. What a gong show.

oh, baby is awake and hungry. bbl.

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#42 of 56 Old 12-23-2010, 03:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBreeze View Post

Oh no! greensad.gif I hope it goes away and stays away. That sounds just horrible!

Laundry is only getting folded here because I force the big boys to help! They are learning an awful lot about laundry these days. lol.gif I told DS1 it was a good thing for him because, someday, he'll be on his own and won't have to bring his laundry to me like some "kids" do with their parents. winky.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippyMama View Post

yes, i have been dealing with vasospasms... i had them all the time with my 2yo, but i'm having them now, too, with this soreness i've been having over the past week.  i guess i'm so used to it from last time that i hardly notice unless i see it...i just rub some lanolin on and the warmth/massage seems to help it stop.

baby acne - brigit's seems to change over the course of a day, but it's generally always in the same places (in her case, upper cheeks).  i rubbed some breastmilk on it the other night and it seemed to lessen the redness...  i don't know what to say about what you are seeing, although if it's not lasting, i wouldn't worry -- i would think it is likely minor irritation; not necessarily an allergy or anything.

greensad.gif So sorry you've got that on top of everything else! I had more minor issues with it with DS3 but with DS2 the vasospasms were just awful.

I really need to start a food diary and also keep track of her symptoms (as opposed to just the food diary which should help with my own weight loss goals!). I would wager that if the "acne" comes and goes along with certain foods or changes in stools it'd be significant, but without tracking it, it's all speculation on my part. eyesroll.gif

Breastmilk is the cure for everything! She's really snuffly and congested right now (again!!) and her eyes are getting bloodshot (again!) so I keep squirting her, which of course gets it all over her face, too. lol.gif Hopefully it all helps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post

Isn't it crazy how big our babies seem already??  It seems like in just the past week, Paige went from being a newborn to being a baby. Amazing. And she rolled over, or very nearly, last night, too. From back to front. I say nearly, because she was too close to the bathtub (I'd set her on the bathmat so I could use the toilet!) to make it all the way over. Kind of scary, though, 'cause I'd just left her on the changing table to run into the other room "just for a second!" about an hour before. Guess I won't do that again!

Speaking of scary...we set up a pack-n-play in the living room so we had a safe (ish) place to put her while she sleeps. We figured that's a place where big brother can't poke or pull her. Well, DH and I were in the kitchen (out of sight) for a couple of minutes and when DH came back into the living room, there was a towel over the baby's face! DH freaked out - all he could see were her hands and feet and that towel over her face. He thought she was dead. bawling.gif Once the crisis was past (she was fine; I think the towel had been there for seconds only), DH broke down and cried and we attempted to explain to DS why this was a big deal. He just doesn't seem to get it. Doesn't get that DD is delicate, that she can't defend herself, can't move things, can't say when she doesn't like something. I am getting so tired of protecting her. *sigh* I so wish I didn't have to, but I don't know what else to do. We did finally set up a chair in another room so that I can go in there and lock the door against him if I/we need the space while nursing.

When he isn't being "wild boy", DS can be very loving and affectionate toward his sister. I just wish he could be like that all - or even most of - the time. I try to get him to talk about his feelings toward her (when he is calm), but he just clams up. Nothing we say seems to make a difference. greensad.gif  This is definitely the hardest part of having a baby for me. Really. Pain while nursing? Fatigue? Fussy baby? All easy to deal with in comparison.

hug.gif I'm so sorry! I hope it clicks for him soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzminty View Post

Heather and Leslie, is Raynaud's/vasospasms when your nipples are white/blanched looking and hurting?  What causes that?  Improper latch?  I'm so frustrated that this is my third child and I can't even pass Latching 101!!!  eyesroll.gif

Yep, that's it. It can be a couple of different things and I've never figured out which it is for me. Bad latch is one (and, yeah, this is my fourth and we STILL started with a bad latch! I'm just so glad it doesn't hurt anymore, even though it's still probably shallow!) because it can damage the tissue in the nipple. The other is Raynaud's Syndrome, itself, which is associated with autoimmune diseases (among other things). I have/had chronic Lyme Disease which is also associated with some autoimmune disorders, so I never have been clear. shrug.gif

Interesting info on Raynaud's (along with some mildly disturbing pictures of the phenomenon in hands):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raynaud's_phenomenon

The wikipedia article mentions the breastfeeding occurrences, too.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#43 of 56 Old 12-23-2010, 10:06 AM

Farren-do you like the ergo with insert? I had one with #4 without the insert and I liked it but traded for a Beco 4th gen which I love. Problem is it just doesn't fit her right and ergo fits the little ones better from what I recall, so I was thinking of buying one again. Talk me into it. lol.gif

#44 of 56 Old 12-23-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
Baby acne - does it always come and go, like over the course of a day? Or am I more likely looking at a reaction of some sort, either to food sensitivities or external stuff (i.e., clothing irritation)? I have never had a baby with any real baby acne (but I've also never had a girl!) so I am not sure what to make of it... But she gets varying rashy areas and/or splotchy marks all over her face and even some on her neck and such. (I don't think it's heat rash, though it is unseasonably warm here!)

Eira's got better and worse over the course of the day, though I'm not sure of a direct correlation with eating something, or if the increased redness was due to clothing irritation. The acne did clear up pretty much entirely once I realized my salad dressing had cheese in it and stopped eating that.

She had a touch of it again this morning, which makes me suspect red dye may also be an issue (I ate gummy bears last night, and her big brother had noteable behavioral reactions to red dye)..

I wouldn't say her poop is back to normal breastfed-baby yellow yet, but it seems to be headed more in a brownish direction, at least. I do wonder if there's some other staple (most likely eggs, corn, or coconut) causing problems in addition to the dairy, but I feel like I need to give the non-dairy a bit more time before eliminating more, since it's only been a few days and it could take a few weeks to get all the dairy out of my milk.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#45 of 56 Old 12-23-2010, 01:22 PM

Our Christmas is going to kinda craptastic now.  My Dad had emergency surgery last night for a bowel obstruction, I'm still in shock, and pretty upset.  I'll feel better after I get to see him but have to wait till evening when DH can watch the kids.  This sucks greensad.gif.  I hope he's okay. 

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#46 of 56 Old 12-23-2010, 02:11 PM

Oh Laura, I'm so sorry to hear that. hug2.gif I hope he has a speedy recovery and you all get to celebrate soon.

Kitty: I love the ergo with the insert. He feels so sturdy in there and his neck feels well supported. I can't compare it to other carriers, but I'm loving using it so far. Sometimes he just does. not. want. to be held, though. Any other babies going through a phase like that? He screams until we put him down on his back and then he is just so content. idk what that is about.

I do find that the acne gets better throughout the day. I ate a lot of eggs the other day and his acne flared up big time! And now he also has what I think is cradle cap, or at least some severely dry scalp skin. I want to put a little olive oil on it, but I don't want to get it on the acne... I might go for it anyway.

Question: Sometimes he has some crusties on his eyelashes and today he had a big hunk of crust in the corner of his eye. Is this something to be concerned about? I squirted a bunch of breastmilk in there today, so hopefully whatever it is will be taken care of...

I want to stay and chat but I have so many gifts to wrap! So sad, soon our ddc will be closed and I'll have been too busy to enjoy the last little bit.

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#47 of 56 Old 12-24-2010, 08:52 AM

The beco has an insert too!

Mama to one little lion sleepytime.gifand a baby cub born at home stillheart.gif
homeschool.gif, lactivist.gif, novaxnocirc.gif,fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIF, familybed2.gif,
#48 of 56 Old 12-24-2010, 09:44 AM

hug2.gif Laura

I hate the Beco Butterfly. I had one and sold it within a month. I love my 4th gen, though.

#49 of 56 Old 12-24-2010, 10:24 AM

I love my 4th gen too! Too bad they discontinued it.

Mama to one little lion sleepytime.gifand a baby cub born at home stillheart.gif
homeschool.gif, lactivist.gif, novaxnocirc.gif,fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIF, familybed2.gif,
#50 of 56 Old 12-24-2010, 10:25 AM

Farren- Do you think your babe has heat rash? It often looks like acne, but gets better as the day progresses and babe cools down.

#51 of 56 Old 12-24-2010, 10:28 AM

ohhh I forgot-eye crusties-totally normal, Desmond probably has a blocked tear duct. Breastmilk is awesome to help with any infection (if the gunk is greenish). You can wipe his eyes from nasal corner to outside corner with a warm washcloth a few times a day. That should helpthumb.gif They grow out if it eventually. Totally normal:)

#52 of 56 Old 12-26-2010, 09:33 AM

hug2.gif  Laura - my mom had emergency bowel resection surgery three days before my wedding. It sucks. I hope your dad is recovering well and comes home soon!

Farren - Dez is just at the age where his tears are starting to come, so that is probably what the crusties are from. Wiping as Jodie suggested when you see the crusties. It might not be a blocked duct, just a build-up of tears. Paige had that for a few days and she seems fine now.

We can continue having chat threads over in Life with a Babe, if we want. We just need to label them, like "Nov 2010 babies - January chat"

Our Christmas was very low-key, but pretty good. DH had been talking up stockings to DS, to the point where he didn't even notice the new bike under the tree!  He really enjoyed un-stuffing his stocking one item at a time. love.gif  And my very generous sisters got us memberships to the zoo and to the local science museum, so we'll be able to find activities at least a couple of days a week from now on. That should help with the boy's wild crazy times.

I hope all of you had wonderful holidays!

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#53 of 56 Old 12-26-2010, 10:44 AM

I actually prefer a separate board altogether... that's what my last ddc did. We just set up a private board on forumcircle and it's worked perfectly for us! Anyway.. not sure everybody else would like that. :) I always have a hard time keeping up in threads I need to subscribe to.

*sigh* I can only easily carry Marah in the pouch sling which I'm almost certain gave me mastitis (from the pressure), the wrap she protests but will eventually fall out in... and I tried a MT last night but she came out of it screaming when she woke. I worry that it was hurting her feet somehow?? I'm not sure I've got her in there right... I've tried froggy legs but she is really quite strong and can launch herself up in that position.. then I had her naturally curled up in the MT and that seemed to rest her weight on her feet, poor girl. We'll get it eventually... I'm sure.

Marah is 6 weeks today... she is very smiley in the morning and has this coy, shy way of trying to talk to me. It's adorable... I'm so in love. ♥

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#54 of 56 Old 12-26-2010, 11:28 AM

Molly has a cold-stuffy nose and cough. greensad.gif

I would prefer just a facebook group or thread on here or something. My last ddc had a seperate board and nobody ever really used it and it fell forgotten quickly.

#55 of 56 Old 12-26-2010, 02:16 PM

Well my dad is doing really well, all things considered.  He's a tough cookie.  It's been a rough week though, and Christmas was pretty low key, the extended family version postponed and TBA.  The worst part was visiting dad yesterday at the hospital when he started to cry because he missed my kids and felt bad about missing out on Christmas.  bawling.gif 

Clara is 7 weeks old today.  Can't believe it!  I love my girls so much, and I'm so thankful they still have their grandpa.

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#56 of 56 Old 12-26-2010, 04:20 PM

Had the youngest member of my family (Rachel) together with the oldest member - my grandmother is 98!  Pretty cool.  Christmas has been BUSY!  We've been travelling since the 21st but all in all it has been really going well.  Babe has a cold that I blame on tandem nursing.  Big sister had a cold and without thinking I nursed her and then the baby one right after the other.  I'm not sure how I'm supposed to avoid those germs....if anyone has any ideas I'd like to hear them.

On cradle cap - olive oil, yes?  I'm not at home right now but eventually I will be again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page