Weekly Chat Thread Dec 30 - Jan 6 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-07-2011, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Karen or anyone, can you speak to this?  http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1290022/gse-orally-for-thrush#post_16168518

Sasha, I can't believe they didn't catch that!  Ugh!  Maybe if it's taken care of, your breastfeeding troubles will be over...?  Here's hoping!  And as far as thrush goes, yeah.  The seventh layer of hell sounds about right!  FIREdevil.gif

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2011, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Julie, I took GSE drops a couple of years ago to get rid of a parasite, and I experienced the burning once when the drops weren't diluted enough.  Brutal, isn;'t it?  If you dilute the drops more, you'll just have the lovely bitter taste with no burning.  (yes, I'm being sarcastic)  I found a chaser of something (juice, maybe) helped get rid of the taste.

Good luck!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 01-08-2011, 11:53 AM

hug2.gif to you mamas dealing with thrush.  I hope you get some relief soon.

Some of you may remember my thread from the summer when I'd found out my dad and stepmom were having a baby and I freaked out a little.  Well, the little guy is going to be born any second! Today is their due date and my stepmom has had high blood pressure that's gotten a lot worse so they'rehaving a c-section right now.  I'd disappointed for them because they really wanted a natural birth and this is going to be my stepmom's only pregnancy given all the difficulties involved so she'll never experience labor at all.  It's still weird that I'm having a little brother at this point in my life but I'm also really excited, mostly for them though, if that makes sense.  My dad was able to come up for a quick trip a couple weeks ago and I"m really glad he was able to come meet Carys while she's still itty bitty.  It was weird to have my dad asking us for cloth diaper advice, though!   DH is going to los angeles for work in 2 weeks so he'll get to go meet my brother before I do.  I'm kind of jealous.

Casey - Mama to my little lovey girl 6-2-07 and my littler lovey girl 11-16-10!
Old 01-08-2011, 01:06 PM

Farren!!!!! Those healthy beginnings nurses are so dumb, believe me!! I used to be one:( They wrecked Leo's gut by giving him formula at 2 days of age and he was allergic to dairy duh.gif STOP THE SOY!!!! 50% of babes who are allergic to dairy are also allergic/sensitive to soy!! Use rice milk instead:) And call me instead of the HB nurse (I'll FB you my number). !!!!

Mama to one little lion sleepytime.gifand a baby cub born at home stillheart.gif
homeschool.gif, lactivist.gif, novaxnocirc.gif,fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIF, familybed2.gif,
Old 01-08-2011, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nipple blanching - look up Raynaud's or vasospasms. I noticed significant blanching yesterday but it didn't turn painful. I have dealt with vasospasms to some degree with each baby, though, probably related to my long history with chronic Lyme disease, which can present like autoimmune diseases. Raynaud's is common in those.

Anxiety - mine is building again, too. greensad.gif I found an herbal/homeopathic supplement that can take me from constant generalized anxiety to totally okay with one dose. It's called MoodFix by Natural Care Homeopathics. Unfortunately my DH finished off my bottle. eyesroll.gif I need to get more with my next Frontier order. If you have a Frontier account, you can see it here: https://wholesale.frontiercoop.com/store.php?Screen=prod&I=222798 Anyway, maybe something like that would help? I know I need to dose up on fish oils, too. That's a really good one for mood disorders in general.

Farren, don't feel too badly about the pizza! Now you know dairy is really an issue for him. I hope you can figure out if anything else is an issue (I agree that cutting soy may be necessary) and get it all straightened out.

Casey - I hope everything has gone well for your stepmom and new brother. How exciting!

I best get to doing more house work... DH is on the way home with FIL and his wife. MORE visitors. Ugh. Seriously, yesterday was the ONLY day we didn't have someone here since December 8th. Trying to get the kids to finish their rooms because, of course, they were destroyed. Almost done... Hoping we survive a few days with these inlaws and then can find our OWN rhythm!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Thanks, I do have a Frontier account. I'll check it out. I can't take fish oil, though. Makes me bleed/bruise a lot.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 01-08-2011, 07:14 PM

Today was ds's birthday, but we're celebrating tomorrow with family over for cake and ice cream.  I felt so bad today because dh is working, and I scrambled to get us all ready and out of the house for dd's dentist appt.  A lady there asked how old he was, and I started to say "He'll be two..." and then finished with, "Oh, today is his birthday!"  duh.gif

I tried to give Maia a bottle today because I'm working on Monday (she's had two successful attempts already) and she wouldn't take it.  So tomorrow, amidst the chaos of ds's party, we'll be trying to get her to take a bottle or else!  I hate this!

And on the thrush front, i had it today with the gazillion supplements and dietary changes and lotions and potions, and decided enough was enough.  So I called the ped and cnm and arranged for Maia and I to be treated concurrently with diflucan.  I'll continue with the other stuff too, but am praying to see results.  Otherwise I don't know what I would do....?

Sorry I can't respond to people.  I'm by myself again tonight trying to get kids to sleep and it isn't working. greensad.gif

Old 01-09-2011, 08:15 AM

hug2.gif Julie

Old 01-09-2011, 11:49 AM

Julie - I just replied on your other thread (haven't been online lately), and agree with above poster re: diluting the GSE more. And I take mine in juice, not water. Seems to help a bit with the flavor.  Also, it may just be that Maia doesn't want a bottle from YOU. Has anyone else tried? My DS would never take a bottle from me, but didn't mind taking one from Dad, esp. if I wasn't around to distract him. (I haven't tried giving DD one yet).  I hope it is successful!  If not, another bottle/nipple combo might work goodvibes.gif

Don't beat yourself up about going for the diflucan. If the "natural" stuff isn't working, it only makes sense to kick the treatment up a notch. Don't give up completely on the natural, though. I did concurrent treatments (the GSE protocol, APNO, and diflucan). I also did some household stuff, like buying a 12-pack of washcloths and using them like paper towels - dry my hands with one once, then wash it in hot. Also washed (bath) towels and bras in hot after every use, using vinegar in the rinse. Lots and lots of extra laundry. It sucked. But I think the combination of things is what finally kicked it for me.

Heather, I think I've been having vasospasms in my right breast. It's a weird painful/burning sensation in the nipple ~20-40 minutes after DD nurses. That nipple is definitely blanched sometimes after a session, but I haven't paid enough attention to know whether there is a correlation between the times when it is blanched and the times when there is post-nursing pain. I'm guessing there is, just knowing there was no blanching this morning and I've not felt that pain.  I didn't have this with DS, but then I had thrush the first 4 months, so maybe I did and just didn't notice?

ANd I feel you on the visitors. We had another week of them between Xmas and NY, and I was so glad to see them go! I don't know how you've handled them for a month! It is so hard to keep things normal with the kids when you've got people coming and going all the time.

Right now we are a house of sickies. :(  DS has had a snotty nose and cough for over two weeks, and on Wednesday it turned into a double ear infection. Yesterday, both DH and I got sore throats adn congestion, and I think the baby has it too - she definitely has a snotty nose, and last night and this morning had a hacking cough. She's been sleeping a LOT but luckily isn't otherwise fussy and doesn't have a fever.  I just wish there were more I could do other than nurse her lots and spray saline in her nose greensad.gif

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
Old 01-10-2011, 08:16 AM

Mixed blessings: sick baby sleeping a long stretch = good; mama waking in a pool of milk = not so good

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
Old 01-10-2011, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, it's an icky feeling, when you wake up in a wet spot.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 01-10-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post

Mixed blessings: sick baby sleeping a long stretch = good; mama waking in a pool of milk = not so good

Ugh, my little one just got over her cold.  Not fun and neither are milk puddles.

Just returned home from the two month check-up.  She's a whopping 12 pounds, 10 ounes.  Only 22 1/2 inches though, so makes sense that she's still in the 0-3 sleepers.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:18 PM

Ellen-that's exactly what Molly is. But I think they measured her wrong-she's too long for most 0-3 month things and they said her head hasn't grown since last appointment but all of her hats are WAY too small and obviously is bigger.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:02 PM

Julie-good luck with getting rid of the thrush. I had it with my first son and ended up taking diflucan and it knocked it out. Hopefully it will work for you too. Today is your first day back to work? let us know how it went.

I go back to work on Sunday (per diem 12 hour night shifts) and back to school on Monday (15 credits). Buh, I don't want to go back. I want a few more weeks at home and not to go back to work and school. I am excited to get a paycheck. I haven't had any income since October. My short term disability hasn't come through yet and I accidentally did something wrong so now my claim is being investigated or something.

I ran to the grocery store last night while Finn was sleeping and there was a bottle of milk in the fridge for him. I got back just as my husband was checking the temp of the milk and he wanted to try the bottle anyway so it didn't get wasted. The look the baby gave my husband when he got a little milk was really sweet, suddenly daddy was cool and could give him milk, it was a surprised happy look. He only took less than an ounce and then I nursed him. The flow was still too fast even with the 0-3 month slow flow nipple, any better recommendations? We have the evenflo and medela nipples.

Nipple blanching- I know my nipples blanched and hurt with both babies, this time I didn't do anything and it just stopped hurting but there is still blanching. Last time I had thrush too so I thought it was just the thrush hurting. This time no thrush but I still had pain.

Visitors/anxiety- go hand in hand. My SIL and BIL were here when the baby was 8 days-14 days old and didn't help out much at all. (my SIL changed one diaper and my BIL put his dishes in the dishwasher). My MIL is here now and leaving tomorrow. I am just bummed that I had to share my husband during my maternity leave and his vacation time. Also that no one seems to understand what it is like postpartum. I HAVE to remember when someone has a baby to bring food, do laundry/dishes/vacuum or ask what they want done. The other mom's from my older son's school have been helpful about rides and play dates. Anxiety (for me at least) is from having too much on my plate. I ended up taking an incomplete in two of my classes for the fall semester because I just couldn't handle the visitors/house/children/holidays and my school work. TOO much. I feel much better now but everything is  just about to start back up. I am making sure next time around that I have less on my plate.

I've had an annoying head cold since Friday and my older son has been sick too, first a fever now it looks like a cold. Hopefully he wakes up feeling better tomorrow.

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
Old 01-10-2011, 06:04 PM

Karen, yuck to sickness.  greensad.gif  Maia has been a little congested and has had a loose cough for a few days but it doesn't seem to be bothering her much.

Melissa, how are you supposed to work nights and go to school in the day?  When do you sleep?!  Good luck.  It sounds like you need it!  BTW, we had good luck with the MAM bottles both with ds and Maia.  They sell them at Babies 'R Us, but i 've never seen them at Target.

So today was my first day back to work, and it wasn't as bad as I feared, but it wasn't great, either.  The hardest part was that I sneaked off to pump around noon and was so frazzled that I forgot to bring my lunch with me.  I really didn't have any other free time until I got home and sat down to dinner, so basically I ate some kashi cereal for breakfast and didn't get to eat again until twelve hours later.    And all I had to drink was a cup of coffee and maybe 6 oz of water.  I could have pigged out on the Hershey's miniatures in the report room, but I'm adamant about no sugar or white flour until the thrush is gone, so that rules out any convenience or snack foods!  It should get easier once I get back into the swing of things and can manage my time better.

And Maia and my dh did pretty well together too.  Apparently she had some hysterical periods where she was too worked up to even suck on the bottle so he had to calm her first before he could coax her to drink it... but she's in my arms now, so all is well.  Dh says he needs a drink after the kids are in bed because it was such a rough day for him. I told him I'd have a tiny one (bourbon and soda) because I'm not supposed to be drinking alcohol either.  But I think we both need it!    

And as far as pumping goes, I pumped at 5:30 this morning, then noon and then again at 6 or so when I got home.  That just doesn't seem like enough to keep my supply up.  I know it's usually going to be only one day a week, but not always, as next week I'm working three.  I'm just afraid that I'll have a repeat of what happened with my son -- a slowly dropping milk supply and then loss of interest from him because the bottle was more instant gratification.  Maia seems to love hanging out at the breast whether she's hungry or not, so maybe we'll be ok.  I'm probably going to look over at the breastfeeding boards for advice on that one.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:00 AM

Hi ladies!  It's been a while since I checked in. 

Hugs to all of you who are dealing with thrush or dietary issues... like you need any more trouble beyond the day to day work of keeping a new baby happy.  I hope that you guys see some improvement soon.

It's always so reassuring to read about everyone going through the same things at this stage - I'm going back to work next week (part time at first), and although I'm actually kind of looking forward to it in some ways, I don't know what I'm going to wear!  I have a few things that I bought after DD was born that are one size larger than my normal size, but I'm not fitting into them comfortably yet.  My boobs must be bigger this time because nearly all my shirts and sweaters are way too short and/or obscenely tight.  And my one size up pants barely button and give me muffin top.  I actually am totally ok with my shape when I look in the mirror (except for a little bit of a pooch) - the problem is I need clothes two sizes bigger to fit my current body!  If things go like they did the last time, though, I'll drop the weight rapidly with breastfeeding, so I don't want to buy anything new.  Don't think my boss would take kindly to me showing up in sweats though.

I've gotten back into exercising and it feels so good!  I was so miserable with SPD and other pelvic issues, not to mention the heat and sheer exhaustion, when I was pregnant that I hardly got up off the couch for the whole 40 weeks.  I'm so out of shape!  I am in the 2nd week of a Couch to 5K running program (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml) and I'm loving it!  It's easy enough that I don't overdo it but hard enough that I feel like I got a workout afterward.  On the off days I've been walking or doing 30 Day Shred.  I hope I can keep this up after I go back to work - it's going to be a lot to juggle.

On the baby front - DS has started smiling a lot more and making some gurgles and coos.  No full on laughs yet except in his sleep.  I read him a book today (Barnyard Banter - very colorful) and he smiled every time I turned the page!  Blessedly he is a pretty easy baby - predictably gets fussy around 6 or 7pm and is ready for bed - swaddled, in a dark room, with ocean sounds.  Sometimes he drops right off and sometimes it takes a half hour of rocking and/or nursing, but really not so bad.  Sometimes he doesn't wake until 4am or so, but more usually between 1am and 2am.  Unfortunately last night he was up every couple hours from there on out, but luckily he goes back to sleep pretty easily.  I have been trying not to keep him in bed with us but tend to fall asleep (fitfully) with him nursing next to me.  I recall that DD was easy until 4 mos or so, though, so I'm not keeping my fingers crossed that it stays this way.

DD (3 yo) is doing much better with him than at first.  She is not jealous of him at all, although I think she is a little frustrated that she can't do much with him and he can't really play with her.  She wanted to put a diaper on him this morning.  This weekend I made a real attempt to do things with her, just the two of us.  We went to the Science Center and she saw a movie in the theater (IMAX - Dolphins) for the first time.  She was THRILLED.  It also gave DH a chance to take care of DS on his own (he'll be taking leave in February to take care of DS full time).

Hey, do you guys know about the drop side crib ban/ recall?  http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/113853/killer_drop_side_cribs_illegal    We're trying to figure out if we need to buy a new crib or if we can modify ours somehow to make it less hazardous.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:10 AM

For real? I had about a week where I had stopped bleeding finally and now I think I got my period. Normally I wouldn't be so irked but I didn't get it back until 9mos with my daughter... a little earlier with my sons. Why would it come back at 8 weeks with Marah?? She sleeps well but still nurses at night, doesn't take a pacifier or suck her fingers, etc. Grrrr. I just don't want to have to worry about wearing a pad or anything for awhile!!! Ugh. I also need to finish making my pads because I have very few right now and I'm also almost out of Charlie's soap, lol.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:51 AM

Oh my, I just haven't been able to keep up here.  I've also been in the 7th circle of Hell, we're still all sick, baby included, and my older DD now has a raging ear infection on top of her nasty cough.  I had to drag them both out yesterday to the doctor in the bitter cold and wind.  We had a blizzard on the weekend, yay.  Poor girl, she's an irrational toddler mess of misery.  I keep waiting for the day when we wake up in the morning and everything is back to normal. 

Anyway, I'm still here, hopefully I have something more interesting than illness to talk about next time I check in!

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
Old 01-11-2011, 02:32 PM

I used to do C25K and 30DS but too early postpartum this time they made me bleed, wet my pants, and hurt my knee. So I'm just doing yoga, Postnatal (w/Karyne Steben), and kegels/Sarhmann for now.

I don't use cribs, but I saw about that about a month ago. I'm not surprised by it with all the recalls there have been.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:48 PM

To follow up on my previous post, here's a good website with info on the crib stuff.  We are ordering an immobilizer kit from the manufacturer of ours.

http://www.cpsc.gov/onsafety/category/safety-qa/safe-sleep/

Kitty, I'm so dumb, I didn't realize from your previous post that C25K was Couch to 5K.  I was thinking C-25,000.  Ha ha.  Guess you guys have the exact same plan I do.  The 30DS does have an awful lot of jumping.  I do modified jumping jacks - that is, jumping while kegeling and holding my sore boobs!  Lol.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post

I used to do C25K and 30DS but too early postpartum this time they made me bleed, wet my pants, and hurt my knee. So I'm just doing yoga, Postnatal (w/Karyne Steben), and kegels/Sarhmann for now.

I don't use cribs, but I saw about that about a month ago. I'm not surprised by it with all the recalls there have been.

Thanks for posting this.  I looked up Sarhmann and that"s totally what i need to do, as I had a diastasis (sp?)/muscle separation.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisbee View Post

To follow up on my previous post, here's a good website with info on the crib stuff.  We are ordering an immobilizer kit from the manufacturer of ours.

http://www.cpsc.gov/onsafety/category/safety-qa/safe-sleep/

Kitty, I'm so dumb, I didn't realize from your previous post that C25K was Couch to 5K.  I was thinking C-25,000.  Ha ha.  Guess you guys have the exact same plan I do.  The 30DS does have an awful lot of jumping.  I do modified jumping jacks - that is, jumping while kegeling and holding my sore boobs!  Lol.

lol.gif Yes, from what I have read, within at least 6 months of birth or if you have any degree of prolapse (which something like 87% of women who have borne children do) it's NOT a good idea to do jumping jacks or the like. I did not know this until I tried 30DS. Luckily everything is fine down there, but my bladder doesn't feel "right" though doc saw no prolapse. I'm prone to UTIs and don't want to press my luck. So I would recommend hooping or any of the other cardio exercises in place of that if you can. I blogged about postnatal exercise. I don't have a diastasis, actually, never have. But my stomach muscles are weak from my myomectomy and I'm trying to fix that, which the Sarhmann exercises seem to help. There is the Hab-It DVD for pelvic floor and supporting muscle strength. I am using it, and honestly can sum it up in under 20 words if you want that advice. lol.gif

Old 01-12-2011, 05:39 AM

Quote:
 There is the Hab-It DVD for pelvic floor and supporting muscle strength. I am using it, and honestly can sum it up in under 20 words if you want that advice. lol.gif

Could you?  I'm doing random kegels when I remember, but would love to get a little more direction with minimal effort! winky.gif

Old 01-12-2011, 06:44 AM

Six months!  Wow.  Guess I should skip that part of the 30DS.  I'm mostly doing it for the strength exercises anyway, not the cardio.  I'd be interested in your summary of the Hab-it as well if you have the time to post it.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:59 AM

Something to do with the relaxin in your body still and things not being "normal" internally even if you feel fine.

So far level 1 of Hab-It (I don't know if I missed it but they don't specify if you do level 1 a week and then move on or what) is: Pull up and in for your kegels-don't just contract. Video here has a better description. Hold for a count of 8 and then do 4 quick flicks. Repeat at least 8 times, but space them out so you do them thoroughly and not rushed. Then do sitting abductor squeezes with a ball between your leg (this hurts my knee), then work your transverse (the Sarhmann exercises, really), and piriformis muscles (lie on stomach, lift butt in air slightly, repeat like 20 times).

Old 01-12-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzminty View Post

Thanks for posting this.  I looked up Sarhmann and that"s totally what i need to do, as I had a diastasis (sp?)/muscle separation.

Quote:

Something to do with the relaxin in your body still and things not being "normal" internally even if you feel fine.

So far level 1 of Hab-It (I don't know if I missed it but they don't specify if you do level 1 a week and then move on or what) is: Pull up and in for your kegels-don't just contract. Video here has a better description. Hold for a count of 8 and then do 4 quick flicks. Repeat at least 8 times, but space them out so you do them thoroughly and not rushed. Then do sitting abductor squeezes with a ball between your leg (this hurts my knee), then work your transverse (the Sarhmann exercises, really), and piriformis muscles (lie on stomach, lift butt in air slightly, repeat like 20 times).

Oh, yay! excercises I can do! Thanks ladies. I've been wanting to go back to Pilates, but don't feel my body is ready yet. Also hoping to do C25K when the weather warms up a bit and my boobs aren't as sore :)  I do have diastasis, but not too bad, and it seems to be getting better just with time.

Sickies on their way out here, but baby is still congested :(

Old 01-13-2011, 09:16 PM

Oh man, kegels! I should get on that. Computer time is a good time, right? Can we call that kak, kegels at keyboard?

I'm impressed by everyone who has planned and executed regular exercise. I was gifted some mom&baby yoga classes this holiday and I'm excited to give it a whirl, but I'm waiting until baby D has a bit more head control and likes tummy time just a bit more... hahaha.

Things here have been going better. I hit an anxiety rock bottom and then got some much needed help and advice. I got a little bit of extra time to myself yesterday and then a really good sleep last night, phewf. That blizzard that stitches mentioned ^^ (and that seems to have hit most of north america, actually!), had really made me feel cabin feverish lately, too, so after our 6 week pp check up (uh, at 7 weeks) I drove all the way to my moms and had delicious lunch and hung with my parents. It's seriously cold out there, though! -22* Brrrr. Even still I made a coffee date for tomorrow with a friend.

Dez is getting better day by day, and I'm getting more and more used to this new diet. It's neat to have a baby that is happy for 80% of the day. Cutting soy was the final win for us. This might sound weird, but I also think that sleeping close together and finally (YAY) learning the side lying position through and through has really given him calmer nights, too. The closer we sleep, the less he wakes from reflux and his gas in the mornings barely bugs him. So we be cuddlin'

Frisbee - We made our drop-side crib safe by taking off the side that drops and side-carring it to our bed. Lately that spot holds night time diapers, though, and a teddy bear.

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
Old 01-14-2011, 11:50 AM

that's funny farren...

our crib is also sidecarred with the drop-side off...and we use it for extra diapers and blankets.  

actually one night i woke up to find my husband almost entirely in the crib 

our dd was cuddled up next to me like always.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:33 PM

Ugh, the sickness has invaded our house.  Dd1 (3yo) is running a fever of 103.3.  This is likely to make for a crappy weekend.  New baby and I were planning on attending my writers' critique group tomorrow and now I don't know if I'll go.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:34 PM

hug2.gifEllen.  May the sickness be short lived!  I think I'll remember winter 2010/11 as the great plague-o-rama.  We are only just starting to get healthy around our house...which includes my 2 yr old on antibiotics for an ear infection and the baby and I recovering from yet another in a long line of head colds.  It's already mid January and still we are not back up to par.  It's getting really, really old.

The illnesses have also kept me from getting started on exercise, and I really need some.  DH and I are determined to get out and ski next weekend...it's supposed to warm up, I haven't even had a walk since before the baby was born and I'm feeling mighty cranky for it.

Clara cracks me up...she discovered her fists and loves to chew on them, so much so that she trys to get both my nipple AND her fist in her mouth at the same time. 

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)

User Tag List