Weight woes:( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 01-23-2011, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is anyone else out there really struggling??? I gained 45 lbs when pregnant and I thought it would melt off! It did after my first pregnancy when I gained 60, but I've been stuck at the same weight now for 6 weeks!!!!! I am tandem nursing, eating about 2200 cal a day and the scale isn't budging!! I'm thinking my metabolism is just slowing down (I'm 33) and I should cut more calories.

irked.gif

Mama to one little lion sleepytime.gifand a baby cub born at home stillheart.gif
homeschool.gif, lactivist.gif, novaxnocirc.gif,fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIF, familybed2.gif,
#2 of 13 Old 01-24-2011, 10:19 AM

I wouldn't cut your calories!! You need them... in fact, I'd say you likely aren't getting enough calories! I've found if I'm not eating enough my weight loss stalls out, but when I resume a high protein (and fats, lol) diet I lose pretty consistently. :) I think you need an extra 250 (or is it 500?? I can't remember) per nursling. I'm sure kellymom has the proper information.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#3 of 13 Old 01-24-2011, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I'm right here with you! I've actually *gained* weight since 2 weeks pp for the first time EVER. I'm still in freaking maternity clothes. It's insane and really depressing.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#4 of 13 Old 01-24-2011, 09:04 PM

I am right there with you guys.  I am thinking I need to start cutting back on my carbs.  That might help I am stuck at 152.  With my first the weight came off super easy.  By this point i fit into alot of my cloths already. Right now i can't even get my regular pants back on.

Fun loving crunchy mommy to an amazing outgoing adventurous boy named Logan Cloud 2/2/07 and our little ball of energy Jayden Edge 11/28/10 and wife to Jet 7/3/05 expecting our third 09/21/14

}
#5 of 13 Old 01-26-2011, 05:03 PM

I am right there with you. Still in Maternity pants, still waaaayyy over (like at least 25 lbs over) my pre-pregnancy weight. I know I'm not eating well, not nearly enough calories.

I want to get out walking more but if it is nice out at all, then everything is REALLY slippery. I'd hate to fall while wearing him...

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#6 of 13 Old 01-26-2011, 10:36 PM

I'm struggling with this a bit too. The numbers aren't too bad,  I think I'm just about 10 pounds over pre-pregnancy weight, but it's all in my thighs and hips, which means I can't wear any of my pants. All the maternity pants fall down and my regular pants won't go on. I have one pair of regular pants that fit, and I wear them every day. The good thing about it is that I save time deciding what to wear, and when they get dirty I just throw them in with the many loads of laundry I'm always doing!

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH
#7 of 13 Old 02-07-2011, 07:21 AM

Me too! Still about 15 lb.s over my prepreg. weight about about 40 over my ideal weight.

#8 of 13 Old 02-16-2011, 01:21 PM

I'm just below my pre-preg weight (2 pounds) but 35 pounds above my ideal weight. I keep thinking I can take walks while DS is in preschool, but no way I'm taking a little babe out for a walk when it's 40 degrees and raining :(

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#9 of 13 Old 02-17-2011, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I've lost 2 lbs in 6 weeks!!!! Farren-it is so icy here! I took the kids out for a walk with Evie in the carrier and I slipped a whole bunch of times. It was scary. It is so difficult not being outside, especially with a 3 1/2 year old who keeps asking when spring will be.

I'm getting really frustrated with all this weight! I'm starting to avoid looking in the mirror and I wear sweats ALL the time because nothing fits. Still. My poor husband :(

I can't wait to start running again, but this ice has made that impossible.

Mama to one little lion sleepytime.gifand a baby cub born at home stillheart.gif
homeschool.gif, lactivist.gif, novaxnocirc.gif,fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIF, familybed2.gif,
#10 of 13 Old 02-18-2011, 03:12 PM

I gained about 35 this pregnancy and lost 15 quickly in the first few weeks but not since then. 

I am squeezed into some of my larger pre-pregnancy pants. I had a friend take my measurements and I am about 4 inches larger all around. I think it took a while to get back to normal. From looking at pictures I think I was back to normal 6-9 months postpartum. We have time yet!

BTW I am not *trying* to lose weight, just waiting for things to get back to normal, which is how it worked the first time around.

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
#11 of 13 Old 02-27-2011, 04:32 PM

I'm hovering at my pre-pregnant weight but still have a tough time fitting into my pants.... I finally pulled out my binder today (it was uncomfortable, bunchy) and cut it in half (it was cheap so i don't feel bad). I used them both and actually felt pretty darn good. I wore it for 2 hours and then had to take it off. (i don't think it's a good idea to wear it for too long) it helped me feel what muscles need to be engaged and i can see it pulling in my waist a bit. that's where my shape is blah. :) it's all lumpy and i am so bothered by that.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#12 of 13 Old 02-27-2011, 07:38 PM

Well, I'm back at my pre-pregnancy weight and have been for a while.  However, everything is still so loose and flabby.  I want it to warm up so I can walk in the fresh air!  Please, can it be spring already????

#13 of 13 Old 02-28-2011, 06:26 AM

i'm with you ellen... i got to my Pre-pg weight in less than 2 weeks, number-wise.. but still very flabby and a nice little pooch. lots of stretch marks.. and my boobs are already getting saggy/flatish..yuck. :( i feel like i'm a 25 year old trapped in a 55 year old's body. :(

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page