Where do we go from here? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-04-2011, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Our DDC is going to be shut down pretty soon - where do we want to proceed to?  

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#2 of 13 Old 02-04-2011, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I was just looking at the October community, and thinking that maybe we should do another round of FB friending. We have the group on FB - I'm the member whose initials start with JL.

I'm also happy to follow a monthly thread in another part of MDC if we get one going.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#3 of 13 Old 02-04-2011, 02:23 PM

I think it would be nice to continue on facebook-maybe we could all reintroduce ourselves there??

I'm really sad the ddc will be closing. This has been such a fantastic experience grouphug.gif

Mama to one little lion sleepytime.gifand a baby cub born at home stillheart.gif
homeschool.gif, lactivist.gif, novaxnocirc.gif,fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIF, familybed2.gif,
#4 of 13 Old 02-04-2011, 03:54 PM

I can't believe it's closing so soon. Where has time gone???? I'm in for facebook-I'm already in the bead group.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#5 of 13 Old 02-04-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post

I can't believe it's closing so soon. Where has time gone???? I'm in for facebook-I'm already in the bead group.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_174112375933814&ap=1

I hope that link works!

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#6 of 13 Old 02-04-2011, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
FB is great, but I'd love to continue in Life with a Babe. My previous DDCs have all managed monthly chat threads at least through the first year. smile.gif Actual chat threads are, IMO, much better on MDC than elsewhere. Besides, then I can remember everyone better because I forget screen names on FB, and for so long, that's how I've remembered everyone. lol.gif

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#7 of 13 Old 02-05-2011, 06:39 AM

I second what heather said, I love FB but I'd like to see a monthly chat thread in life with a babe too.

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#8 of 13 Old 02-06-2011, 01:51 PM

i'm not a fan of going over to LWAB, to be honest. :/ I'd prefer fb or a separate private forum.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#9 of 13 Old 02-07-2011, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter

My old DDC started a private forum - we're still going strong 3 years later!  The downside to LWAB is that individual questions get lost in the larger thread.  We use Zetaboards - seems to work pretty well.

We're such a chatty bunch (at least we were before we all had newborns!) that I think LWAB is a bit limiting.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#10 of 13 Old 02-09-2011, 12:26 AM

My old DDC is going strong still, too.... 3.5 years later. We use forumcircle... it's free and a pretty decent format. I like that it's totally private and the rest of the world can't read everything we post. :) LWAB is limiting, I found it difficult to jump in over there after I had my daughter 3.5 years ago.

Do we have the capability to make private forums here? I thought I read that somewhere when they switched the board format that might be an option?? Heather, do you know anything about that?

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#11 of 13 Old 02-11-2011, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I do think that's in the works, Nic. I can try to remember to check, or if someone posts in Questions & Suggestions I'm sure Georgia or Adina will answer.

I, personally, won't be moving to another forum. I've tried that in the past but simply don't have enough time or energy to visit multiple forums. And, things like FB can be good at times but really aren't set up for discussions like a true forum/board system is. A thread in LWAB would be exactly the same as the monthly/weekly chat threads we've had here in the DDC.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#12 of 13 Old 02-15-2011, 11:39 AM

I would do both, tbh. I like keeping in touch via facebook cause I'm already there, but I would also follow a thread in life with a babe. I loved getting to know you knowledgeable and experienced mamas... I want to stay in touch for sure!

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#13 of 13 Old 02-16-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post

I, personally, won't be moving to another forum. I've tried that in the past but simply don't have enough time or energy to visit multiple forums. And, things like FB can be good at times but really aren't set up for discussions like a true forum/board system is. A thread in LWAB would be exactly the same as the monthly/weekly chat threads we've had here in the DDC.

yeah that!  I barely have time to visit here and FB. I'm not a fan of the FB group format, personally. I think a thread in LWAB would be great - so much like the "weekly" chat threads here, a format with which we are all already familiar.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page