Here Comes the Morning Sickness... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 03-27-2010, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just saw a picture of pop tarts covered in frosting and I almost threw up. I had to close out of the website!
#2 of 12 Old 03-27-2010, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No morning sickness for me yet, but I don't need morning sickness to feel like barfing when I see poptarts! Those things are disgusting, especially the hard frosting with sprinkles. EW.

Lori ~ wife to DH 5 yrs ~ DS born naturally 11.20.10!
#3 of 12 Old 03-27-2010, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

These ones were extra nasty just for Easter!
#4 of 12 Old 03-28-2010, 12:11 AM

LOL - you mean those ever so delicious frosted cardboard rectangles? Yum! (No - seriously can't eat them preggers or not!)

No morning sickness yet for me. Just a little heart burn and constipation.

Only food rejection so far has been some cole slaw. Tasted a little bit, spit it out and gave the rest to my hubby who says it tasted just fine. lol.
#5 of 12 Old 04-04-2010, 11:12 PM

Have had a few bouts of "I'm hungry ... no wait, that smells bad, no I'm not hungry" followed 30 minutes later by, "I'm STARVING FEED ME NOW! WHOLE COW? SURE! BRING IT ON! No wait, no, I'm not hungry, never mind." :roll:

Dr-Mom and SAHD extraordinnaire. DD1 (5), DD2 (3), MMC 04/10.
#6 of 12 Old 04-05-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinuchkin View Post
Have had a few bouts of "I'm hungry ... no wait, that smells bad, no I'm not hungry" followed 30 minutes later by, "I'm STARVING FEED ME NOW! WHOLE COW? SURE! BRING IT ON! No wait, no, I'm not hungry, never mind." :roll:
hahahaha, thats me on a regular day its just gotten worse!

Lauren , DH , DD 02/2007 and expecting #2 (12/7/10)! We
#7 of 12 Old 04-05-2010, 12:40 AM

I'm really nervous about morning sickness. Last time there were days I could't keep water down, and it went on until about 16 weeks. And it was often all day sickness - gah! I hope it's nothing like that this time around.

So far nothing... although I think it started at 6 -7 weeks for me, and I am only 4+2 now.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#8 of 12 Old 04-05-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ema-adama View Post
I'm really nervous about morning sickness. Last time there were days I could't keep water down, and it went on until about 16 weeks. And it was often all day sickness - gah! I hope it's nothing like that this time around.

So far nothing... although I think it started at 6 -7 weeks for me, and I am only 4+2 now.
oh yeah, that was me. all day long, not even water stayed down. started right on week 6 all the way through month 6, with absolutely no good days what-so-ever. I got down to 118 (about what i weighed in middle school). (i started at 138). It was terrible. i am fine with a little morning sickness, but I hope its not as bad as last time!!!

the only thing that helped the constant nausea was keeping lemon with me at all times and smelling it constantly. i dont know where i learned that. i also had an insane aversion to anything green. from food to paint color. if i saw green, i threw up! it was so bizarre! hilarious now, because DD LOVES veggies, especially green ones. We think because she was missing out on them in-utero.

Lauren , DH , DD 02/2007 and expecting #2 (12/7/10)! We
#9 of 12 Old 04-05-2010, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebegim View Post
oh yeah, that was me. all day long, not even water stayed down. started right on week 6 all the way through month 6, with absolutely no good days what-so-ever. I got down to 118 (about what i weighed in middle school). (i started at 138). It was terrible. i am fine with a little morning sickness, but I hope its not as bad as last time!!!

the only thing that helped the constant nausea was keeping lemon with me at all times and smelling it constantly. i dont know where i learned that. i also had an insane aversion to anything green. from food to paint color. if i saw green, i threw up! it was so bizarre! hilarious now, because DD LOVES veggies, especially green ones. We think because she was missing out on them in-utero.
about the green. I think that must have been quite hellish..... I did not have it that bad

I had intense cravings for junk food. Fried white flour was pretty much the only predictable food I could eat. I seriously hope that is not the case this time around. I haven't eaten that badly since, and would really like to avoid that this time around.

neither of us suffer intense morning sickness in the coming months. I'm going to remember the lemon. Last time I got so sick of ginger, to this day I can't really stomach it unless it is cooked into the food.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#10 of 12 Old 04-05-2010, 06:51 AM

This is sick, but in my third tri with DS, I LOVED pop tarts. I sicken myself. The strawberry ones were my Achilles heel. I have NO idea why I craved them, especially since they gave me the worst heartburn ever and, yeah, they are disgusting, but there's that...

I got sick last night after my workout. I think I was drinking too much water too fast, plus I had eaten a little more than usual for dinner. But I looked like a nut job puking but being happy and excited about it at the same time Luckily, DH (kinda) gets it

#11 of 12 Old 04-05-2010, 07:51 PM

M/S hit for real last night. Wow, I had no idea. I didn't throw up - but I was dizzy and nauseus for about 3 hours leading into bed time. Made sleeping really difficult. Room was spinning as if I had been drinking five bottles of wine (no - no alcohol in me at all for over a month!)

Well - welcome 6weeks. . .lol looks like I may be a m/s night time gal though. Time to stock up on gingerale!
#12 of 12 Old 04-06-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelGeek View Post
M/S hit for real last night. Wow, I had no idea. I didn't throw up - but I was dizzy and nauseus for about 3 hours leading into bed time. Made sleeping really difficult. Room was spinning as if I had been drinking five bottles of wine (no - no alcohol in me at all for over a month!)

Well - welcome 6weeks. . .lol looks like I may be a m/s night time gal though. Time to stock up on gingerale!
I am only 4 weeks now and no m/s yet but I did have a couple of those "spinning nights" about 1 week after conception and I just knew I was pregnant.

I am not looking forward to real m/s

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page