Roll Call! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 265 Old 04-06-2010, 04:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJan View Post
EDD: Dec. 10 (It will likely be pegged by the Dr. a bit earlier (the 5th), but my cycle is long, so I'm setting it at the 10th!)
I gave an adjusted last date of menstruation with my last pregnancy as I knew the OB would assume that I have 28 day cycles, when I have 35 day cycles, and I absolutely did not want him freaking out at 40 weeks, when I knew I would be 39 weeks (I knew the day of conception).... So I just told them my last period started a week later than it did, and everyone was happy

And I was right about that. I did mention that my cycles are 35 days, and he said that they estimate the EDD based on 28 day cycles.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#62 of 265 Old 04-06-2010, 08:48 AM

I miscalculated my due date an I think it would actually be more like Dec 14th so please update that for me. Thanks!

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

#63 of 265 Old 04-06-2010, 09:19 AM

Name: Allie

EDD: December 16th

Family (partner, other children, etc): DP(34), DD1 (almost 10), DD2 (almost 3), DSS (almost 2), 2 massive dogs and a horse

Gender preferences/inklings: I don't have a clue. I would like a boy, just because one more girl might push the estrogen level in our house to unacceptably high levels (aka more drama, more attitude. LOL) . DP is happy with either; my gut is sorta feeling like its a girl.

Names you like: Boy - Connor or Lucas, Girl - Kaitlyn

Birth plans/preferences: We're going to try for a homebirth with a midwife, but its hard to find a MW that will do that around here. DP will definitely be involved as well...he's a paramedic and has delivered several babies during his career. He's really excited at the prospect of delivering his own!

Newly single mama to Squidget hearts.gif, Roo energy.gifand the newest two babyboy.gif  babyboy.gif  11/24/10
caffix.gif  treehugger.gif  fambedsingle2.gif   chicken3.gif
#64 of 265 Old 04-06-2010, 10:43 AM

I am tentatively posting here, I am still in shock that I am pregnant so here it goes.

Name: Sarah

EDD: 12/11/10

Location: Lancaster PA (there seems to be a lot of MidAtlantic girls in this DDC )

Family (partner, other children, etc): DP - Yvonne(29) and DS- Holden (almost 3)

Gender preferences/inklings: HEALTHY PLEASE

Names you like:

Birth plans/preferences: Hoping for a home birth

Anything else you'd like to share: We are very nervous at this point. I actually wasn't going to join for a few more weeks... We lost our 2nd child 1/10/10 at 11w5d. So we are very cautiously optimisitc at this time. Here's hoping for a

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#65 of 265 Old 04-06-2010, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichole1214 View Post
barefoot!!! I meant to tell you that i know of at least one midwife up toward northern alabama who does home births because my sunday school teacher when i was in youth group delivered all three of her 8lb kids at home with a midwife....and they were all delivered at the same house in Hartselle,AL that is just outside Decatur where i'm from. So, with that said there should be some around your area too...you just might have to call around. (if you're still interested in doing the midwife/at home birth)
Thanks, I am still checking around! There are some midwives who do homebirth in the Atlanta area and my mom there. It would only be a 2 hour trip, so I think it could be doable. I am checking to see if i could maybe have a homebirth at my mom's place or if the midwives there know of anyone in AL who could help me.

Lori ~ wife to DH 5 yrs ~ DS born naturally 11.20.10!
#66 of 265 Old 04-06-2010, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersmama View Post
i think my post got overlooked? (pg. 2) i am not on the list.

sorry, summersmama! I'll add you to the list!

#67 of 265 Old 04-06-2010, 11:41 AM

Sarah, welcome and . Wishing you a very healthy and happy 9 months

#68 of 265 Old 04-06-2010, 12:58 PM

EDD: 12/20/10

Family (partner, other children, etc): Dh, DD (4) and Ds (16 mo)

Gender preferences/inklings: I think this is a girl.

Names you like:

Birth plans/preferences: Homebirth

Anything else you'd like to share: This is a surprise blessing so I'm just trying to let it sink in.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#69 of 265 Old 04-06-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildecat View Post
I miscalculated my due date an I think it would actually be more like Dec 14th so please update that for me. Thanks!
you accidentally placed me in the Dec 11th section .

#70 of 265 Old 04-07-2010, 02:41 AM

Name: Rachel

EDD: December 15th

Family (partner, other children, etc): DH Matthew, DD Willow (2 in June), 3 angel babies, 3 dogs-Orion, Ziggy, and Zoe, 4 cats-Chessney, Jasper, Owen, and Nefi, 3 ducks, and 14 chickens

Gender preferences/inklings: We really don't care, just happy and healthy. I kinda feel like this is another girl though. Matthew would love to have a little boy this time around...

Names you like: For a boy we're leaning on Viggo Wolf or Ronan Oak. I like Stellan too. For a girl we're thinking about Violet or Olive with Noel as the middle name since we'll be close to Christmas.

Birth plans/preferences: Another homebirth with a midwife provided everything goes as planned!

Anything else you'd like to share: We're just a crunchy eco-friendly family! We lost our little Ivy at 20 weeks gestation on Dec. 29, 2009 (the day before my birthday) and were told to wait until March to try again. We got it right out of the gate!! We're thrilled!! We are SOOO hoping and praying this little acorn stays rooted and rooted well. Sticky vibes to everyone!!! Peace.

Rachel(29)treehugger.gif Crunchy, granola wife of Matthew(30)reading.gif, DD Willow(5yrs)energy.gif, DS Ronan(2yrs) superhero.gif, Ivy Spring 12/29/2009 lost to Hydrops at 20 weeksangel3.gif, 2 other angel.gif and DS Canaan(1yr) kid.gif.  Holy Cow!!! jaw2.gifDue with someone new July 2014!!! joy.gif
#71 of 265 Old 04-07-2010, 02:53 AM

No longer lurking, I took 3 PGT, 2 with the plus symbols very faint and a digital one that clearly announced my status.

Name: Ivette

EDD: December 10

Family (partner, other children, etc): DH TNick, DD #1 Ari 3, DD #2 Jojo, Diva Dog, and Tiger cat

Gender preferences/inklings: It would be great to have a boy, but I have a feeling we're in for 3 girls, my poor DH

Names you like: Boy - I want a Jr or Wasia, Girl - Carnia

Birth plans/preferences: would love a homebirth with midwife, but we may not be able to afford it.

Anything else you'd like to share: My husband is ubber stressed, I was laid off last year, and we are pretty strapped finacially. Maybe this baby will bring winds of change, positive thinking.

Ivette; DH Nick since 1997, DD Ari 12/06, DD Jojo 07/08, 05/10, #4 EDD 4/29/11.
#72 of 265 Old 04-07-2010, 03:09 AM

No longer lurking, I took 3 PGT, 2 with the plus symbols very faint and a digital one that clearly announced my status.

Name: Ivette

EDD: December 10

Family (partner, other children, etc): DH TNick, DD #1 Ari 3, DD #2 Jojo, Diva Dog, and Tiger cat

Gender preferences/inklings: It would be great to have a boy, but I have a feeling we're in for 3 girls, my poor DH

Names you like: Boy - I want a Jr or Wasia, Girl - Carnia

Birth plans/preferences: would love a homebirth with midwife, but we may not be able to afford it.

Anything else you'd like to share: My husband is ubber stressed, I was laid off last year, and we are pretty strapped finacially. Maybe this baby will bring winds of change, positive thinking.

Ivette; DH Nick since 1997, DD Ari 12/06, DD Jojo 07/08, 05/10, #4 EDD 4/29/11.
#73 of 265 Old 04-07-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHippie View Post
I like Stellan too.
Ooh, Stellan is on my short list, too I thought I was the only one!

Welcome and super sticky vibes to you!!

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#74 of 265 Old 04-07-2010, 10:41 AM

Name:Jazzmin

EDD: December 11th

Family (partner, other children, etc): DH, DS1, DS2, DD and a doggy

Gender preferences/inklings: No preference, though DH would love a boy.

Names you like: Not sure. I have some time to figure it out.

Birth plans/preferences: Water birth at home with MW.

Anything else you'd like to share: I had a chemical in November and a m/c at 9 weeks in Feb. I am hoping this one sticks!

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#75 of 265 Old 04-07-2010, 12:57 PM

Lurking....

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#76 of 265 Old 04-07-2010, 02:31 PM

Name: Angie

EDD: Dec 11th

Family: DH, 41, ds (8 1/2) and ds (almost 5), homeschooling both

Gender preference: It feels strange to admit, but I've longed for a girl in the 2-3 years that we've been trying to get pregnant.

Name: No thoughts as of yet

Other: This has been a long road and I'm really hoping that this baby sticks. I feel like I'm at the end of the time when I can imagine adding another little one (old!), but I'm trying to think positively.

Angie, Mama to Finn (6/01) and Theo (4/05)
#77 of 265 Old 04-07-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildecat View Post
you accidentally placed me in the Dec 11th section .
Agh, I think you missed this. please move me to the Dec 14th date. Thanks!

#78 of 265 Old 04-07-2010, 04:00 PM

Hi
we just found out today; it was a BIG surprise

Name: Michelle

EDD: ugh...need to figure that out...dec 20?

Age: i have been celebrating my annual 29th birthday for 3 or 4 years now

Family (partner, other children, etc): DP, DS1 is 8yo, and I have a baby ds who just had his 1st birthday...also a puppy named Rosemary, and a parrot Cichlid (fish) named Threads
Gender preferences/inklings: Its a girl, or two

Names you like: we have names chosen, not ready to say yet

Birth plans/preferences: natural birth in the hospital with my OB who i really like

Anything else you'd like to share: it is still sinking in and i have been both overjoyed and also freaked out upset both today. I felt it implant on Sunday and i poas today, thinking it might be too early to test, but a 2nd Dark blue line came up immediately. We conceived (and lost) twins in 2007, so i am thinking twins is a possibility again.

Mama to 3 boys 

#79 of 265 Old 04-07-2010, 05:10 PM

EDD: 12/18/10

Family (partner, other children, etc): Dh, DD (4) and DD (16 mo)

Gender preferences/inklings: nothing, just praying for a healthy baby

Names you like: haven't even thought about it yet

Birth plans/preferences: not sure yet.

Anything else you'd like to share: I am still sort of in disbelief. We started TTC a couple of months ago and did not think it would happen this early! After three losses I am VERY nervous and will keep this under wraps, in real life, for a long while.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#80 of 265 Old 04-08-2010, 02:40 PM

EDD: Dec. 16 based on ovulation

Family (partner, other children, etc): DH and 25 mo DS

Gender preferences/inklings: I'd love a little girl to go along with my darling boy, but would be overjoyed with either.

Names you like: boy - Alexander has been decided on. We haven't had any trouble with boys names... girls on the other hand? Thinking of Malalai or Isabelle. We'll have to talk it over some more

Birth plans/preferences: HBAC would be ideal. We will have to discuss with the midwives, I'm not sure what their policies are. The reason I had a C-section before was that DS was breech and the OB didn't notice that small fact until I was 39 weeks and I wasn't willing to have a transverse because of possible complications. C'est la vie - we will try again. I am much more informed about birth choices and am going with a midwife this pregnancy (DS was a surprise-sneak-past-all-contraceptives baby, and I am so thankful for him).

Anything else you'd like to share: We have been trying for a year and "not avoiding" for even longer, and had a miscarriage in July. I am just in shock still and kind of nervous - I'm hoping everything goes smoothly as it did with my first pregnancy, and that I also get to have the birth that I want.

Amanda + Steven SAHM to James (Feb 19, 2008) and Alexander (Jan 7, 2011). Lost little ones always in my heart (07/11/2009) (04/2010)

#81 of 265 Old 04-08-2010, 03:33 PM

Name: Mindie

EDD: 12/8

Family (partner, other children, etc): DH Mark, Dylan, Devon, Dorothy, Derek, Mooey and Jager (The cats!)

Gender preferences/inklings: I think it's a boy, honestly. We would like a girl, but I feel boy vibes.

Names you like: Boy - Daniel Brody, Girl - Destiny Noel

Birth plans/preferences: Home water birth, just like last time.

Anything else you'd like to share:nope.

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

#82 of 265 Old 04-08-2010, 04:22 PM

Name: ariana

EDD: november 30th, but i figured i'd hang out in both nov and dec ddc's just to be safe

Family (partner, other children, etc): married to redheaded dh for 2.5 years. 2.5 year old redheaded daughter named amy (we had been planning the wedding for the 4th anniversary of our first date for a whole year, but i ended up 33 weeks pg at our wedding, ). two black cats.

Gender preferences/inklings: no idea. we'd be fine with either one, honestly, because we wanted a girl first and we got her. so one of each would be nice, but two girls would be awesome too!!

Names you like: oh gosh i have a whole list from when i was pg with amy. dh vetoed all my boy names, though, so it's lucky we had a girl

Birth plans/preferences: home birth. last time i showed up at the hospital at 9 cm, so i think i can do it!!!

Anything else you'd like to share: looking forward to getting to know everyone!!

ariana, mama to beautiful redheaded girls (oct 07) and (nov 10)

#83 of 265 Old 04-08-2010, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies!!! I'm going to be out of town for a few days, so I may not have a chance to update the list. Just wanted to let everyone know so y'all wouldn't think I was ignoring the new ones over the weekend. I'll update Sunday night or Monday morning.

#84 of 265 Old 04-08-2010, 11:55 PM

Name: Call me Honey j/k

EDD: Theoretically early December but my longest pregnancy has been 37+1 - assuming I will go in late Nov.

Family (partner, other children, etc): As you can see from my sig, I am soon to be a (scared witless) single mom. Great timing! (Not.) I have two wonderful kids, though and a kitty.

Gender preferences/inklings: I'm leaning towards a boy because of the timing. I think I'd also like another little boy, but not really leaning towards either.

Names you like: Boy - Xavier Matthew / Girl - Tegan Rain - totally "first names" and likely to change

Birth plans/preferences: already contacted the homebirth midwives and I'm going to be interviewing them. One stands out because she has great OB contacts (mw's don't have hosp. privileges here) in case I go into PTL (which is likely). UC'd my last birth so "maybe" there will be an "oopsie" again but I want to have a midwife on backup in case I go early.

Anything else you'd like to share: Um. Not the best time of my life to be pregnant. Seriously, I'm NOT happy about this. Baby, yes, timing, NO. I was just getting my career started, leaving a bad marriage, my kids were FINALLY going to be out of diapers in the near future... now I'll be a single pregnant mom, then a single mom of three. Scares me silly. Hoping things get easier if I take it day by day.

mama of DS(3) & DD(2)
#85 of 265 Old 04-09-2010, 04:06 AM

Hey, there Honey. I hope we can provide moral support, since we can't bring you dinner and scrub your toilet for you. Sounds like a rough place to be in.

One curly engineer + One curly accountant = One curly preschooler (12/2010). Next up: 9/2014. Hoping this one sleeps, cause the first one didn't.
#86 of 265 Old 04-09-2010, 09:53 AM

Name: Melissa

EDD: December 16

Family (partner, other children, etc): Husband Ryan (36)

Gender preferences/inklings: Nope!

Names you like: Penelope for a girl, Linus for a boy

Birth plans/preferences: Hospital birth with doula

Anything else you'd like to share: I had a really traumatic loss in November 2009, as well as a much less traumatic loss in February 2009, so I don't really trust pregnancy that much, sad to say. It is bewildering to me how anyone manages to have a healthy baby! So I'm trying to just relax and not think about it.

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#87 of 265 Old 04-09-2010, 09:58 AM

Oh, and I'll PM a mod to try to get this stickied!

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#88 of 265 Old 04-09-2010, 10:57 PM

Name: Jamie

EDD: 12/7

Family (partner, other children, etc): DH Nick- this peanut will be our first!

Gender preferences/inklings: For whatever reason I think raising a boy might be easier for me, but I will love whichever we are blessed with!

Names you like: my hubby and I have like 14 names- we like a lot of traditional names like Luke, Pete, James for boys

Birth plans/preferences: Home water birth maybe...still too much to research to be sure at this point, but I love the idea of it!

Anything else you'd like to share:sooo excited that my cousin recommended this site to me!

Jamie from Indiana, , Baby #1- Nolan Michael born December 9th, 2010
#89 of 265 Old 04-10-2010, 03:50 AM

Name: Holly

EDD: 12/19

Family: Hubby of almost 12 years, DD1 5 1/2, DD2 3

Gender preferences: None. A boy would be interesting since we have 2 girls, but another girl would be great too!

Names: We've had Jacob Bradley picked out for a boy for almost 11 years now. No idea for a girl. We've always struggled with girl names, so of course we had 2 girls. =-)

Birth plans/preferences: Natural, non-induced just like our first 2 were. I'm really hoping to have a homebirth this time, but finding a provider to attend in our area is VERY hard. So if that doesn't work we'll do a natural birth at the same hospital where DD2 was born. No water. Water does not agree with me when I'm in labor. I'll probably spend the whole time on the birthing ball & walking around like I've done in the past.

Anything else you'd like to share: Surprised to be here! I was on the pill, but missed a couple doses this month due to traveling. Never occurred to me I'd get preggo so easily after 5 yrs TTC DD1 due to PCOS, and having an ovary removed last summer. Realized this morning AF was a day overdue, so I tested. I now have 3 tests with faint to light positive lines. Yikes! I saved the 4th one...will retest in 2 days just to be sure before calling the midwife.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!
#90 of 265 Old 04-11-2010, 04:17 AM

Name: Vanessa (raspberry.swirl)

EDD: December 15th

Family (partner, other children, etc): DH Pablo, DD: Vida (2 yrs) 2 parakeets

Gender preferences/inklings: Boy, since we got the girl, but either makes us happy.

Names you like: Boy - Julian Joseph, Girl - Needs to start with a V (Vivienne, Valeria, taking suggestions on creative ones...)

Birth plans/preferences: would love a homebirth with midwife, but may not be affordable due to partial insurance coverage, so maybe natural birth in hospital with UCLA midwives just as before.

Anything else you'd like to share: We are very excited, but I am also scared... We lost one in July. Hoping this little one sticks!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page