Roll Call! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 265 Old 04-19-2010, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I just got my BFP today. I've been feeling round ligament stretchy pains for the last few days, which is what made me review my charting and realize that we definitely could have (and did) get pregnant somewhere around April 1st, which is perfect, as it will be an april fools joke on DH!

EDD: Probably Christmas eve

Family DH, 15yr old son, 10yr old daughter, 6 yr old daughter, 4(almost5) year old daughter

Gender preferences/inklings: I would like another boy, as it's been SO long since I had a boy, but since I'm now going through teen years with my boy, I'm rethinking that! LOL

Names you like: Dh wants to name any boy Chance. I like Benjamin, have for a long time. If it's a girl.... I don't know yet! : )

Birth plans/preferences: last two were born at home. Last was up/uc but I am considering a midwife for prenatals and to be there in case of excess bleeding this time, as it will be #5 and I want to have an extra set of hands in case i need them. I'll definitely be renting a birth tub this time, as I LOVED my birthtub with my third baby. I might just buy one!

Mom of 5 working full-time and waiting to go to nursing school! Whew! I need a nap! joy.gif

#122 of 265 Old 04-19-2010, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just updated to change my due date to Dec. 6!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#123 of 265 Old 04-19-2010, 05:54 PM

can you please change my due date to dec 13th?

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#124 of 265 Old 04-19-2010, 07:02 PM

De-lurking

Name: Becca

EDD: December 3rd

Family (partner, other children, etc): DH, and our fuzzy cat Ira

Gender preferences/inklings: Nope, none at all.

Names you like: I have kept lists for years now. It'll be so fun to actually put one of them to use!

Birth plans/preferences: Hoping for natural hospital birth w/ doula. I started out leaning toward homebirth/birth center, but with each miscarriage things have gotten progressively more medical. I refuse to be ruled by fear, but I also need lots of hand holding!

Anything else you'd like to share: I've had 3 miscarriages in 16 months, so I've been holding my breath until we could see a heartbeat - and we saw it today! I'm still very nervous, but I don't wanna lurk anymore!

Happily muddled mom to baby Kiki, 11/2010

#125 of 265 Old 04-19-2010, 11:04 PM

Name: Danielle

EDD: December 30

Family (partner, other children, etc): partner and a bunch of furry creatures

Gender preferences/inklings: none whatsoever

Birth plans/preferences: just started looking into this, but leaning toward natural hospital birth with crunchy-ish ob/gyn and doula

Anything else you'd like to share: This is our first, and a complete surprise! This is also my first post on MDC.
#126 of 265 Old 04-19-2010, 11:16 PM

Name: Moderngal (Natalie)

EDD: mid to end of December? MW is thinking 12/25 or 12/26

Family (partner, other children, etc): DH (married almost 9 years) DS (almost 5) and DD (19 months)

Gender preferences/inklings: No idea. We found out with both of the others. We're thinking we want this one to be a surprise, too.

Names you like: Girl: Colleen and Siobhan. Boy: Aidan, Patrick, Cormac. No real ideas yet. Obviously we are into Irish names.

Birth plans/preferences: Homebirth. Probably in the water, too.

Anything else you'd like to share: Um, really- if you don't want to get pregnant, maybe condoms aren't the way to go. : Seriously- this was an unplanned, very unexpected pregnancy. We are still letting it settle in. BUT we are a great team and it'll be great. And given the way it has happened, we're feeling that this has happened for a reason, so we've got a lot to do to get our ducks in a row, but it'll be ok.

modern-mama to DS (5.16.05) and DD (9.11.08) and one more (GIRL!) coming in December
#127 of 265 Old 04-20-2010, 10:08 AM

Can you please take me off the Due date list I miscarried last night

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

#128 of 265 Old 04-20-2010, 11:53 AM

Name: Roxane

EDD: December 28th

Family (partner, other children, etc): DH Kris is a post doc student, DS Elliot was born in July 2009

Gender preferences/inklings: The kids are going to be so close in age, it would be fun if they were both boys. But I want to be a mommy to a girl at some point, be it this one or the next one.

Names you like: No idea.

Birth plans/preferences: I'd love a homebirth, but my insurance wouldn't cover that. I think we'll settle for an in-hospital midwife

Anything else you'd like to share: As everyone else, we're anxious to make it past the critical first trimester. Also, Im still nursing DS and not planning on weaning. Let's see how eating for three goes!
#129 of 265 Old 04-20-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetmama26 View Post
Can you please take me off the Due date list I miscarried last night
lots of love to you sweetmama. I am so sorry.

Lauren , DH , DD 02/2007 and expecting #2 (12/7/10)! We
#130 of 265 Old 04-20-2010, 02:49 PM

Name: Charlie/lovesoup

EDD: December 21st

Family (partner, other children, etc): Partner: M., and three kitties.

Gender preferences/inklings: No preference, no inkling, and we'll let it be a surprise.

Names you like: We're thinking about Jasper Cyril for a boy, Fiona for a girl, but still very undecided.

Birth plans/preferences: I thought I had this all worked out. Had met a lovely homebirth midwife and we'd deducted money in advance via a health savings account to pay for her services. Now my partner has been offered a job in Iraqi Kurdistan (he'd be teaching at a university, I'd go with him) and who knows what will happen!

Anything else you'd like to share: This was my first cycle of Femara, HcG injection, IUI and I'm completely amazed it worked (also very nervous about miscarriage -- almost wish I hadn't found out 'til later).

mama to jasper (12-17-10) and theodora (11-13-12)

#131 of 265 Old 04-22-2010, 01:17 PM

Name:ELizabeth

EDD: Dec. 7

Family (partner, other children, etc): it too complicated to share. the children don't live with me, right now

Gender preferences/inklings: I think its a boy, DB wants a boy, but it doesn't matter

Names you like: my other children are, A, B, C.... so I would like this one to be a D name, DB says no, this is his only child, so he really wants to pick the name. but he might change his mind, lol

Birth plans/preferences: hospital birth with midwife. VBAC

I was in the nov DDC, but offically have had my due date set to dec 7. by my midwife.
just thought I would come over and introduce myself.

mama to Alex 20 Briana 16 Cory 10 and Jade 3Tubes tied and regret it
#132 of 265 Old 04-22-2010, 03:11 PM

Name: Littlebearsmama
Home: Oregon coast
Due: Solstice 2010
Hoping for whatever the little being wants to be. We're just so thankful.
Birth plans: Another home water birth with my fabulous midwife.
Names: That's a secret.
So happy to be here. Good luck and well wishes to us all.
#133 of 265 Old 04-22-2010, 09:24 PM

Hi all! Just got my BFP for baby number 3 today, still kind of reeling from the unexpected surprise!

Name: Iris

EDD: December 31

Family (partner, other children, etc): DH and two DDs, ages 4 and 2

Gender preferences/inklings: I would absolutely LOVE another girl! But if it's a boy I know DH will be totally psyched, so it's all good.

Names you like: we don't have a clue yet!

Birth plans/preferences: none really, advanced maternal age means definitely a hospital birth and I am okay with that

Anything else you'd like to share: just thrilled to be here!

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#134 of 265 Old 04-23-2010, 04:43 PM

Name: Carrie

EDD: December 20 (or so)

Family (partner, other children, etc): DH, J (11), H (7), M (6), and C (2... until next week), plus 2 canine children and 2 feline children

Gender preferences/inklings: Either way, it's a tie breaker!

Names you like: Something that doesn't start with a J, H, M, or C

Birth plans/preferences: midwife in out-of-state hospital (b/c they let me do whatever I want there )

Anything else you'd like to share: I'm not really sure I'm actually here. This may be some weird, twisted dream.

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)

#135 of 265 Old 04-24-2010, 02:42 AM

0Name: Crystal

EDD: December 28

Family (partner, other children, etc)h and lots of critters

Gender preferences/inklings: Would love a boy. Dh is good either way. But I have a feeling its a girl based of the high HCG levels (that or it is twins )

Names you like: Have a few ideas, but not sure.

Birth plans/preferences: homebirth hopefully. Ga isn't too homebirth friendly, so it depends if I can find a midwife to come to my area.

Anything else you'd like to share: After over a year of trying naturally we conceived on our first clomid/IUI cycle.
14 DPO betta 258
16 DPO betta 698
#136 of 265 Old 04-24-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFullHouse View Post
Name: Carrie

EDD: December 20 (or so)

Family (partner, other children, etc): DH, J (11), H (7), M (6), and C (2... until next week), plus 2 canine children and 2 feline children

Gender preferences/inklings: Either way, it's a tie breaker!

Names you like: Something that doesn't start with a J, H, M, or C

Birth plans/preferences: midwife in out-of-state hospital (b/c they let me do whatever I want there )

Anything else you'd like to share: I'm not really sure I'm actually here. This may be some weird, twisted dream.
huh, I feel the same way often! I'm glad to see another mom who's having
#5, welcome!
- Jen

Mom of 5 working full-time and waiting to go to nursing school! Whew! I need a nap! joy.gif

#137 of 265 Old 04-24-2010, 08:39 PM

Could you move me to the 11th instead of the 9th? Dr. said the U/S showed the 12th, but I like the 12/11/10 EDD much better, so that's what I'm using .

#138 of 265 Old 04-25-2010, 09:48 AM

Name: Jo

EDD: December 30th

Family (partner, other children, etc): Just DH and my australian shepherd Casey

Gender preferences/inklings: DH's family is very boy-heavy (he has 3 brothers, 0 sisters, & 4 nephews, 0 nieces), so it makes me think it MUST be a boy- but to have the first girl in the family would be awesome, too.

Names you like: We've listed a lot in the past. Narrowing a name down will be hard. If it's a girl, she'll have Anne or Anna as part of her name, because it's part of my name & both grandmas' names.

Birth plans/preferences: The current plan is to go to a freestanding birth center about a half-hour away. DH is uncomfortable with the idea of a homebirth, and I have an irrational fear of hospitals, so we compromise.

Anything else you'd like to share: 2010 is going to be a big year- my first pregnancy, and we're anticipating a career change for DH. Adventures never cease! Also, according to my ovulation (I was charting), EDD is 12/30, but according to LMP, it's 1/3- my birthday's 1/2, so I'm thinking of telling people that instead :-P

Jo - WOHM to E 12/26/10, Wife to SAHD DH.

cd.gifslingboy.giftoddler.gifbelly.gif

#139 of 265 Old 04-25-2010, 10:42 PM

Name: Adinkra

EDD: December 6

Location: Oak Park, IL (aka Chicago - just bought our house 3 weeks ago!)

Family (partner, other children, etc): Just DH (for now!)

Gender preferences/inklings: No real preference, but I like the idea of a first-born girl. (Any guesses what my birth order is? )

Names you like: Our last name is Reed, so I've joked about Claire Annette for a girl or Oboe for a boy. DH was down with those until the BFP. Now, joking is not allowed.

Birth plans/preferences: Waterbirth, waterbirth, waterbirth! I started seeing an excellent group of midwives who deliver at a hospital in our town.

Anything else you'd like to share: This is our first! It's great to finally be here!

Ghanaian-American afro.jpg product & experience designer. Wife to geek.gif web geek & soon-to-be SAHD. Mother to 2 yr old reading geek , pregnant with boc.gif future geek.

#140 of 265 Old 04-26-2010, 12:49 AM

Hi Everyone
Name: Kim

EDD: December 21st Solstice

Family (partner, other children, etc): DH, Stepdaughter (12), DD (7), DD (6), DD (4), DS (3)
Number 5 for me.. number 6 for dh

Gender preferences/inklings: We have 3 girls and a boy and my husband also has a daughter from another marriage, we are happy with either though a brother might be nice for our other little guy

Names you like: Boy: River, Girl: Emerald (so far that is!!)

Birth plans/preferences:
We are building a cob home this Spring / Summer so hopefully will be done now in time for the babe to have a homebirth and bless the cob home, if not most likely hospital since we are in a 33 foot 5th wheel

Anything else you'd like to share: We are very excited about this baby! I am nervous to tell family and friends (many think we are crazy already )! I will wait as long as possible to tell anyone but I already have a bump..or bloat I guess it is! We have a very busy spring/summer we are building our passive solar cob home and starting our farm! I hope my energy level remains high!! We had decided to wait until fall and then talk about trying and then surprise

Mama to SDD (12), DD (8), DD (6), DD, (4), DS (3) and new little babe arriving Dec. We are in the process of building our cob home and homestead
#141 of 265 Old 04-26-2010, 01:51 PM

I am tentatively posting here, I am still in shock that I am pregnant so here it goes.

Name: Sarah

EDD: 12/11/10

Location: Lancaster PA (there seems to be a lot of MidAtlantic girls in this DDC )

Family (partner, other children, etc): DP - Yvonne(29) and DS- Holden (3)

Gender preferences/inklings: HEALTHY PLEASE

Names you like:

Birth plans/preferences: Hoping for a home birth

Anything else you'd like to share: We are very nervous at this point. I actually wasn't going to join for a few more weeks... We lost our 2nd child 1/10/10 at 11w5d. So we are very cautiously optimisitc at this time. Here's hoping for a

UPDATE - So after 7 days of bleeding and thinking that I M/C... I AM STILL PREGNANT

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#142 of 265 Old 04-26-2010, 04:46 PM

Name: Nina

EDD: December 31st

Family (partner, other children, etc): DH Tom, DS Conor 6, DS Asher 2
Lianne and Finn are still in my heart and mind.

Gender preferences/inklings: I really want a girl, enough that I am taking a risk being pregnant. But am assuming that it will be a boy so I am not too disappointed. I WILL be finding out.

Names you like: None yet. Dh and I make a list and then choose the name after the baby is born.

Birth plans/preferences: I will be having a scheduled cesearean birth. My last birth I ruptured during labor due to scar tissue from our accident in 2006. I had an emergency cesearean(my first! I expected anything but surgery).
Due to previous rupture my chances of rerupturing can be as high as 17% so I am not even going to try labor.

Anything else you'd like to share: NERVOUS!!!! There are so many things that could go wrong. I called the ob office today and insisted on an appt sooner than normal.
Also I know there is going to be a lot of negativity about me being pregnant (again!) and need to get myself in a good place so I don't let that bring me down.
But mostly excited... A BABY!!!!!!
#143 of 265 Old 04-26-2010, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone! Please check the list and make sure your info is correct. I appologize if I overlooked anyone. Please post again or PM me if I missed you or need to correct your info. Thanks!

Lori ~ wife to DH 5 yrs ~ DS born naturally 11.20.10!
#144 of 265 Old 04-26-2010, 08:01 PM

Name: Lacy

EDD: December 31st

Family (partner, other children, etc): DH Chris (35 today), DS Jakob (turned 2 on 4/17) and pets - 2 cats and 1 parrot

Gender preferences/inklings: Slight boy preference, but too early for inklings. I still have a niggling fear of having a girl since I had/have such an awful relationship with my mom, but I also know it could be really different and wonderful.

Names you like: Girl - Annika Christiana. Boy - not so easy. I like Jonah Timothy, DH wants Johann instead. I like Micah, DH wants Michael. We'll figure it out.

Birth plans/preferences: Still up for debate between a VBAC and a repeat-C. I had a hugely traumatic first birth experience, PROM followed by four days of labor, followed by an emergency C, which resulted in an inadequately treated infection entering the bloodstream, traveling, and becoming five new infections. I almost died from a collapsed lung and pneumonia. I have PTSD from the experience, and will most likely schedule a repeat C to maximize my control over the situation, and to avoid a repeat of the labor with eventual repeat-C, which is common with VBACs.

The extended second hospitalization interfered with establishing breastfeeding, but I persevered, and am still nursing my 24 month old son.

Lacy 35 and Chris 35, DS Jakob 2, and EDD 1/1/11
#145 of 265 Old 04-26-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootGirl View Post
Hi everyone! Please check the list and make sure your info is correct. I appologize if I overlooked anyone. Please post again or PM me if I missed you or need to correct your info. Thanks!
I am actually expecting #5 (gasp!)
#146 of 265 Old 04-27-2010, 12:09 AM

Name: Grace

EDD: December 28th

Family (partner, other children, etc): DH Raymond

Gender preferences/inklings: No preference.

Names you like: Boy - Ryan, Girl - Haley

Birth plans/preferences: would love a homebirth with midwife, but may not be possible due to my weight, so maybe natural birth in hospital? This is my first, so I don't really know and have lots to read about

Anything else you'd like to share: today is the 3rd day we found out I am preggo. Scared, happy and extremely happy now.

Grace, happily married DH. Nathan h20homebirth.gif12.22.10 familybed1.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#147 of 265 Old 04-27-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Lori- I posted on page 7- can I be added to the list for 12/30/10, expecting #1?

Jo - WOHM to E 12/26/10, Wife to SAHD DH.

cd.gifslingboy.giftoddler.gifbelly.gif

#148 of 265 Old 04-29-2010, 02:24 AM

Name: Katheryn

EDD: December 21st

Family (partner, other children, etc): DH, DD (5), cats

Gender preferences/inklings: Girl would be preferred, tho we'll love whatever we have. I feel like it's a boy, but then I felt that with my daughter even after the u/s, so who knows?

Names you like: Picking will be hard: we're both extremely opinionated. DD has had her sister's name picked out for 2 years (Kyra, with Koraline a distant second), but I'm not sure we really want to go with those. We'll see.

Birth plans/preferences: I have no idea. In a perfect world I think I'd go to a midwife-staffed birthing center adjacent to a hospital, so I could do the 2 day postpartum stay. I like the idea of a homebirth, but don't think it's something we're both ready for.

Anything else you'd like to share: 2010 is a big year for us too. Pregnant, DD starting public school, and my husband opening a brick and mortar again (our business has been internet only the last couple years). Last time we decided to make changes, we gave birth, moved into our first house (50 miles from family) and bought the business, all in a span of 6 weeks!
#149 of 265 Old 04-29-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
LOL, you need to update the mamas expecting twins.

#150 of 265 Old 04-29-2010, 12:30 PM

Name: use username please

EDD: December 23rd (#6)

Family: DH, no pets, just kids- see signature.

Gender inklings: I think this babe is a boy, I am happy either way! I just want a healthy live baby in my arms!

Names you like: they are secret for now......

Birth plans: planning our third UC.

Extra: anxious to hear a heartbeat, still too early though.

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page