OMG how do i stop the impatience? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-01-2010, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would think since its my second and I have a very active little girl running around I would be less obsessed!

These first 3 months were so so hard with dd, both physically and mentally I couldnt wait to be out of the woods and to be getting somewehre. i want to feel kicking and moving and hear a heartbeat on Doppler. Really BE pregnant and look pregnant and all that.

These first few weeks in my opinion, are the hardest, feel the worst but look just fine, no one wants to talk about pg because what if something happens, we can wait a bit to get excited etc.

I just want to fast forward a few months, am I crazy?
#2 of 8 Old 04-01-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukookoo View Post
I would think since its my second and I have a very active little girl running around I would be less obsessed!

These first 3 months were so so hard with dd, both physically and mentally I couldnt wait to be out of the woods and to be getting somewehre. i want to feel kicking and moving and hear a heartbeat on Doppler. Really BE pregnant and look pregnant and all that.

These first few weeks in my opinion, are the hardest, feel the worst but look just fine, no one wants to talk about pg because what if something happens, we can wait a bit to get excited etc.

I just want to fast forward a few months, am I crazy?
Crazy? Not at all! I am only about 4 weeks pg (BFP today!) and I am scared to tell anybody until the 2nd trimester. I would also like to skip morning sickness

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

#3 of 8 Old 04-01-2010, 07:14 PM

My husband and I decided to wait to tell anyone until tri2, but we decided we would let ourselves tell strangers. haha. it makes it so much more fun if you can tell people and not worry about telling them you lost the baby if something happens. We're pretty sure we lost one two months ago. Didnt have the heart to take the test, but the period was very late and very heavy with tons of cramping.

so, he told the lady that works at dunkin donuts today.

but we are SOOO excited to start telling people. I made it until about a week before tri2 last time and only told my two best friends and family. so, thats what were shooting for this time. I really cant imagine telling anyone and then having to re-explain when our heart are already broken.

Lauren , DH , DD 02/2007 and expecting #2 (12/7/10)! We
#4 of 8 Old 04-01-2010, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Definitely not crazy...I would fast-forward to 12 weeks if I could, even though that would mean skipping both of my two mini-vacations of the year. I am 5 weeks on Saturday, so 7 weeks and 1.5 days to go... after that I can hopefully relax a little and start having some fun.

Lori ~ wife to DH 5 yrs ~ DS born naturally 11.20.10!
#5 of 8 Old 04-02-2010, 08:43 AM

Feeling this too!! 1 week past my BFP and chasing a 23 month old, I've already told my mom & MIL and am totally windowshopping maternity gear. lol!!
#6 of 8 Old 04-04-2010, 11:05 PM

I'm completely with you. I've been a mess the past 2 weeks since finding out (had a BFP at 9dpo which seems great but just adds another week to the torture!). Starting to feel early sx now (fatigue & ishy belly) which seems reassuring but also - it being #3 - just reminds me of how long the next 50 days are going to be. YES, I do have a countdown-to-2nd-trimester widget on my mac.

Dr-Mom and SAHD extraordinnaire. DD1 (5), DD2 (3), MMC 04/10.
#7 of 8 Old 04-11-2010, 04:10 AM

I have a busy April so that should help but what will I do for May? I will be traveling to NYC for my sister's graduation in May and hopefully I can still hide it, I will be 10 weeks at that point. Though I have heard the bump comes sooner with the 2nd one. At 12 weeks, we celebrate my mom's 60th. I don't want to announce this on either of their special days. However, we'll be surrounded by tons of close family and someone is bound to blurt out, "ARE YOU PREGNANT?"
I want to wait AT LEAST 10 weeks (that's when the medical community says your in the green zone if a strong heartbeat is detected). I had early bleeding in my first pregnancy at 6wks and was monitored closely, that's how I know the 10 week rule. My DD was born full term at 38 wks all natural.
In 7/09 I experienced a miscarriage at 10 weeks, baby stopped growing at 7 wks. :-( So I am super cautious but really excited too, especially because I am hoping to make this one a homebirth.
#8 of 8 Old 04-11-2010, 09:30 AM

I'm with you! I would love for it to be June...like now! Hopefully chasing after my own two girls and my nephew who is staying us will make it go by very quickly.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page