baby's sex and morning sickness? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-06-2010, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just wondering what experiences you ladies have had with morning sickness. with my first, i had a girl and had morning sickness (all day!) from 7 weeks until 13 weeks. a girlfriend of mine has had a boy and a girl, and claims she had no morning sickness with her boy, but had it badly with her girl. i've heard this is 'generally' true. hmmm...

my mother, who had 2 girls, never had morning sickness?!?

right now i am feeling fine except for bouts of exhaustion, needing a nap.

Mama to two girls, born 5/08 and 11/10.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 04-06-2010, 01:11 AM

I had horrid morning sickness from about 6 weeks to 16 weeks. All day!!! some days not even water stayed down. I had a boy....

I remember all sorts of ideas about the differences between boys and girls were put forward. It used to drive me crazy, as we knew we were having a boy from the ultrasound.
Your mother sounds very lucky to not have had it both times. I am really hoping I do not suffer morning sickness too badly this time.

I am getting really tired too. Midday naps are essential.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#3 of 6 Old 04-06-2010, 08:17 AM

With my first I didn't have morning sickness -- only food aversions. With my 2nd I only had food cravings no morning sickness (they were both boys). With my 3rd I remember having morning sickness for only a couple of weeks weeks 7-9 it was the worst -- but I also was diagnosed with strep throat at week 8 ... and it seemed to get better after the infection went away -- not sure if that had anything to do with it -- but that baby is a girl. This time -- I've had days of morning sickness at different times of the day -- some days much worse than others -- but if I eat frequent protein snacks I feel pretty much ok. Last night my stomach felt off and a bowl of icecream did the trick.
#4 of 6 Old 04-06-2010, 09:39 AM

With DD I had pretty bad all-day sickness and some food aversions from about 6 weeks to 10. This one so far (at about 5 weeks) I only have mild nausea occasionally. But it's early. My SIL was pg at the same time as me with the last one and was sick sick sick, and had a boy. So....sounds like the theory doesn't hold up. Wish it did!

Megan, wife to K, mama to C lady.gif (9/07), brokenheart.gif(4/10) brokenheart.gif(11/10)

And our rainbow is here! E babyboy.gif 10/11

#5 of 6 Old 04-06-2010, 10:15 AM

So far, I've had two boys and two girls and have never had a single moment of morning sickness. Not sure what I'm having now, but after a month and a week into this pregnancy, I also haven't had any sickness or nausea.

I actually read in a book the other day that it may be more likely to have it with first pregnancies and then have it lessen in subsequent pregnancies as the body has already had to deal with all the hormones before. I'm sure a lot of other factors play into that as well.

Maybe every 4 days or so I get tired a little early and have to go to bed at 9 instead of 10 or 11 and I'm ready to go by 6 a.m. cause I love the quiet time before they all get up! I'm sure that will change soon as it's still really early in the pregnancy.

Luckily the tiredness is so far my only fleeting symptom.

Tracy
#6 of 6 Old 04-06-2010, 11:34 AM

My pregnancies with a girl and then a boy were virtually identical. Morning sickness from 6 until 19 weeks and then from 5 until 19 weeks. I vomited more times the first time around, but I was working then and attribute some of the differences to the fact that my eating times and food choices were somewhat more restricted at work than they were the second time when I was home all day.

I'm 4 weeks and 5 days today and thus far feel nothing. I would be so so happy if what the PP said about it getting better with each subsequent pregnancy were true. I'm really not a fan of feeling sick all the time and being able to think of no food that appeals.

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page