WOW! pretty sure it was a FALSE positive hpt - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 04-10-2010, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was completely SHOCKED when the second blue line immediately came up darkly. I have read and heard that there aren't false POSITIVES, so i didnt test again. But when I saw ya'll posting your 12 dpo tests and mine looked darker at 8 dpo, I asked in the Im Pregnant forum if the hpts with blue dye show up darker, and someone said they are notorious for false positives. So I just POAS again, with a pink dye test, and there is NO sign of a second line!
So I am out of this ddc, i think....unless af doesnt show....but with this last test looking bfn, i am now thinking i am expecting af and not a little girl after all. I am relieved, though!
I wish all of you a happy and healthy 9 months! Good luck to everyone here!

Mama to 3 boys 

#2 of 12 Old 04-10-2010, 07:43 PM

aww, no, Ms.shell! i never heard of a false positive either. how strange! how late is af? i might wait and go again just to be sure! ive def heard of false negatives before! even if youre not in this ddc I hope you will still keep us posted!

okay, even though my af is almost two weeks late, i only took one test and might retest. DH has been begging me (he still thinks we arent pregnant and that my period is just WAY later than it has been in the history of my cycles and the test was just wrong). So, I might definitely go for it now, juuust to be sure!

i know what you mean about feeling a bit relieved. The last time this happened to us, I finally got AF almost a week late and I felt extremely relieved. DH was a mess, but I was overjoyed not to be pregnant at that time. It would have been really stressful. I was actually shocked that I wasnt upset at all and so was he, especially since he was so sad.

please please please keep us updated on what going on with you!!!!

s
Lauren

Lauren , DH , DD 02/2007 and expecting #2 (12/7/10)! We
#3 of 12 Old 04-10-2010, 09:16 PM

Oh bummer!

What DPO are you? Let us know what develops!

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#4 of 12 Old 04-11-2010, 10:04 AM

i have definitely heard of false positives with blue dye tests! what a bummer!!! do keep us updated, though!!

ariana, mama to beautiful redheaded girls (oct 07) and (nov 10)

#5 of 12 Old 04-11-2010, 10:46 AM

Oh, wow. I have read about that on the TTC forum, about the blue dye tests. Keep us posted.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#6 of 12 Old 04-11-2010, 02:04 PM

Same as ema-adama, everyone over on the TTC forum warns against the blue dye tests, so sorry, mama!!

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#7 of 12 Old 04-12-2010, 04:17 PM

Blue dye tests should be banned! I had a 3 pack once, peed on sticks over 2 months (when not pregnant) and they all came out as positives.

Banned, I tell ya!
#8 of 12 Old 04-13-2010, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

still waiting for af, who is now officially late. And I have to pee like every 15 minutes. But i have peed on two pink dye tests with no sign of a second line. So I don't know WHAT is going on with me. Still thinking im not pg, but wondering what is keeping af and why i have to pee so much?

Mama to 3 boys 

#9 of 12 Old 04-13-2010, 05:39 PM

I had a false + blue test before. The second line was very thin though.

My BFP with this pregnancy was a blue dye test. Now I almost want to retest

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

#10 of 12 Old 04-13-2010, 05:49 PM

I got a stark negative at 11dpo, and didn't get a positive until 15dpo (AF was two days late). It CAN take a while, and as they say, it's not over until AF shows! It could also just mean you ovulated later than normal ... Unfortunately, not much to do but wait. Good luck, mama!

One curly engineer + One curly accountant = One curly preschooler (12/2010). Next up: 9/2014. Hoping this one sleeps, cause the first one didn't.
#11 of 12 Old 04-13-2010, 10:29 PM

I hope you know one way or the other soon. That would drive me crazy being in limbo.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#12 of 12 Old 04-13-2010, 10:57 PM

I used the clear blue regular and got a faint positive, but dh made me go get a digital for just in case. I POAS yesterday for the digital and got pregnant and then again on the second one and got pregnant.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page