Lets talk prenatals - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-22-2010, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Standard Process, GreenLife from VE Irons, Carlson Fish Oil... Rotating magnesiums at bedtime. It's my understanding your calcium absorption is a lot better if you take the magnesium separately. At the peak, the nutritionist had me taking close to 60 pills per day. I did not enjoy it, but it is for her and me, so....

I was already taking lots of supplements because I kept taking most of them while breastfeeding our little One.

If there was only one supplement you could take, I would say it's the GreenLife. Met an Amish woman who took it with half of her pregnancies and not with the other half. The difference in her children is amazing.

I do know our little One came out with a full head of hair and holding her own head up. She was scooting herself around on her belly by 6 weeks.

I think diet is just as important as supplements, though. If you have the time and energy to make sure you always eat perfectly, I don't think there is really any need for them. Things like cooking in cast iron instead of stainless steel or (heaven forbid) teflon help, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2010, 01:23 AM

I am taking rainbow light one a day. I don't think I can handle taking the 6 tablets rainbow light... that's the best I can do for now

Grace, happily married DH. Nathan h20homebirth.gif12.22.10 familybed1.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
Old 04-27-2010, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonrisa View Post
I too am taking the RL one a day prenatal, and feel pretty confident that it has a good amount of what I need.

I spoke to a rep at RL today about the naturally occuring lead in their vitamins and was told that they often test their vitamins to ensure that the naturally occuring lead levels found in botanical materials used are the lowest. I am not sure if all vitamins have this naturally occuring lead; I guess it depends on what foods and botanicals are used to make the vitamin. Their website states that the study found that their vitamins contained safe ane tolerable amounts of naturally occuring lead. I live in California and like using a product that is produced in our state.

Thanks for letting me know about the natural occuring lead.
That's great that you contacted the company for more information. I am in Sacramento, too, and hadn't realized RL was a local company. I took them throughout my first pregnancy, and have been taking them for about 6 months already in preparation for this one, along with Complete EFA for Omega 3.

Lacy 35 and Chris 35, DS Jakob 2, and EDD 1/1/11
Old 04-27-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny Face View Post
Rainbow Light One a Day.
Me too

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

Old 04-27-2010, 12:20 PM

At Meijer & Marsh (an Indiana grocery store), prenatal vitamins are free with prescription, so I had my doctor prescribe one on the list while TTC. When I meet with the midwife, I'll get her recommendation on whether the one I'm taking is OK or not. It's Prenatal Plus, a generic of Natalcare Plus

Jo - WOHM to E 12/26/10, Wife to SAHD DH.

cd.gifslingboy.giftoddler.gifbelly.gif

Old 04-27-2010, 11:34 PM

New Chapter Organics, but really considering switching back to Mega Foods Baby and Me (with herbs). They are just double the price here...and difficult to get. I took Opti Natals with dd and loved them but you can't buy them in Canada. I'm not getting any nausea with New Chapters but they have corn in them and I try to avoid corn in our diet...

Anyone know a cheap place to find either the OptiNatals or the Mega Foods in Canada?

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

Old 04-28-2010, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcountrymamma View Post
New Chapter Organics, but really considering switching back to Mega Foods Baby and Me (with herbs). They are just double the price here...and difficult to get. I took Opti Natals with dd and loved them but you can't buy them in Canada. I'm not getting any nausea with New Chapters but they have corn in them and I try to avoid corn in our diet...

Anyone know a cheap place to find either the OptiNatals or the Mega Foods in Canada?
I take Megafoods Baby and Me and I like it better than New chapter because I do not want to take any soy and New Chapter has 1200 mg of soy in their prenatal. I think Vitacost ships to Canada and they have reasonable prices!
Here is the link.
http://www.vitacost.com/MegaFood-Baby-Me

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

Old 04-28-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildecat View Post
I take Megafoods Baby and Me and I like it better than New chapter because I do not want to take any soy and New Chapter has 1200 mg of soy in their prenatal. I think Vitacost ships to Canada and they have reasonable prices!
Here is the link.
http://www.vitacost.com/MegaFood-Baby-Me
thanks...I know the soy...I should really be more attentive...I just found them and couldn't find anything else whole foods based and went with it, even though I am typically more mindful.

I'm buying megafood again...they really are great.

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

Old 04-29-2010, 09:51 PM

I take Trader Joe's brand, also. They're easy on the stomach, budget friendly and have blends of botanicals and green foods, which is a plus for me.

***4***8***12***16***20******28***32***36***40

User Tag List