Pregnant after a loss support thread - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 106 Old 06-16-2010, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
pixie - so sorry for your loss. Congrats on the new bean, I'll be thinking sticky for you

Everything's going really well for me - 12 weeks this week and everything looks/sounds perfect. Saw my midwife on Monday and baby's heartbeat was about 156. she was worried it'd be too early to hear it but she found it right away

I'm not even a tiny bit worried anymore. yay!

hope everyone else is doing well too

Lindsey
Mama to (10/05) and (12/07) (2/10) and expecting in December!
#92 of 106 Old 06-16-2010, 08:24 PM

Hi everybody! New to the thread.
I had a m/c last summer. It started with a little bit of painless bleeding at 11 wks, but we discovered that the baby had not grown past 6 weeks. This time, I had a great ultrasound at 10 weeks, baby just rolling around like crazy, and exactly as big as s/he was supposed to be. Went in last Friday for another, because I'm 41 and they wanted to calculate down's risk. Again, the baby was right on par. Not as much movement, but the heartbeat was strong, and the baby did move when prodded.
Next morning, early, I had bright red spotting.
ARGH!!!
Called the advice nurse, and she said so long as there's no pain or cramping, and I'm not soaking pads I should be fine. Bleeding went away, then yesterday morning I woke up feeling like I had a yeast infection. Went to Walmart and bought at test which confirmed it. Started treating for it, and then this morning, more blood. It still only shows up when I wipe, and I still don't have any cramping or pain. Called the advice nurse AGAIN, and she said that I should call back for a same day appt on Friday if I still feel like I have a yeast infection and I can come in for evaluation.

But the spotting is driving me crazy!!! Just have to vent.
I have three kids already, a 20 year old boy, and 5 and 3 year old girls. So I know that statistically I should be fine, but I just wish it wasn't happening. Just had to vent.
Thanks!
#93 of 106 Old 06-17-2010, 02:18 AM

Pixie, I would really push an early ultrasound now, just because you were bleeding three weeks ago, so if you're already six weeks pregnant, there could be an underlying issue. I wish all the best for you, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

#94 of 106 Old 06-17-2010, 05:09 AM

Thank you guys!
And Multimomma, I've already had one, to see how far along I am. Everything looked perfect.

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#95 of 106 Old 06-17-2010, 01:28 PM

That's good, I was just worried about you bleeding all month of May.

#96 of 106 Old 06-26-2010, 11:01 PM

Hate to revive this thread, but I'm cramping a bit and didn't want to bring down the rest of the DDC. I'm hoping everything is fine, but all my losses have been after 16 weeks, and I'm 15 and 3 days. So I'm a little stressed.

Trying to take it easy, and I'm considering using progesterone again.

#97 of 106 Old 06-26-2010, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm thinking positive thoughts for you and will keep you in my prayers.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#98 of 106 Old 06-27-2010, 03:09 AM

Sending tons of your way!

Happily muddled mom to baby Kiki, 11/2010

#99 of 106 Old 06-27-2010, 01:42 PM

I hope everything is fine. Cramping can be very normal--I hope that is the case for you as well!

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#100 of 106 Old 06-27-2010, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

I hope this is OK to put here.

Last night I had a horrible dream that the babies died. In my dream, I was at my doctor's appointment and he couldn't find the babies and said "Sorry, you're empty." It was absolutely dreadful. The first thing I did when I woke up was grab the doppler and check on them. It was horrible.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#101 of 106 Old 06-27-2010, 03:46 PM

I think we all have those moments, Annette. Sometimes when you have a deep fear, it will manifest itself in a dream. I've had a couple of those this pregnancy. Now with poor Cathy leaving us, I feel more scared than ever. I know I shouldn't...I have nothing going on that should frighten me...no spotting, no cramping, my uterus seems to be growing nicely. I saw the heartbeat about a month ago, and I'm really looking forward to hearing it again in a week. I'm just scared that something is going to go wrong. Is NOTHING safe after you've had a miscarriage? I wish I could go back to that blissful state of unawares that comes with pregnancies before loss.

Multimomma ~ how are you doing?

Jess ~ RN & student CNM, Blogger (see profile), wifey to T-Rav & momma to sons Buggy ~7/04 & Newt ~1/08 & Tad 6/19/09 & Con-man 1/11!  <3
#102 of 106 Old 06-27-2010, 04:21 PM

Sorry AM, those dreams can break your spirit.

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm not as crampy today, but still some cramping. Nothing else, it's just that knowing this is how the others started, is hard. We heard the heartbeat on the 18th. I keep telling myself that you can't ruin this pregnancy with fear, but you know how that goes. Nathan's pregnancy was fraught with it, but I think the progesterone made me too sleepy to act on it. I want to talk to my careprovider about doing it again, every time I'd go off of it last time, I'd start to contract.

My fear is that I'll use it, the baby will pass, and then I won't go into labor naturally. I'll call her tomorrow.

#103 of 106 Old 06-29-2010, 06:58 AM

AM, I'm so sorry, I had the same dream last night. It was horrible. I woke up almost crying because my doc had said there was nothing on the U/S, I wasn't pregnant, nothing inside of me. And I freaked out.
Awful feeling. I wish I could check my baby, I have an Angelsound doppler on the way in the mail, but I'm only 8+2, so I'm guessing I couldn't used it yet anyway. I'm guessing it's nerves before my next U/S on thursday, I only talked to my doc yesterday and he said he wanted me in before the holidays.
s to you AM.

(And yeah, I know I don't belong in here anymore, but I feel more at home here, and we don't really have this kinda thread in my new ddc. And I keep thinking about you guys and checking on you.)

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#104 of 106 Old 06-29-2010, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

(((pixie))) You're certainly welcome here any time. And maybe you could be the one to start the thread in your DDC. I bet you're not the only mama in these circumstances.

I have my appointment tomorrow. I'm nervous. I hate this whole "hospital birth after home birth" thing. I never felt like my midwife was going to yell at me, but I'm afraid the doc is going to give me grief for gaining too much weight. I've gained about 13 pounds so far! The good news is I'm 17 weeks, so I get to have the big ultrasound soon and I can't wait to find out what I am having.

#105 of 106 Old 06-29-2010, 05:09 PM

AM, I've gained 15 lbs, and I'm a bit worried. lol! It's historically been my psychological barrier, I became overweight after losing my first, and at that point, as long as I was gaining weight, i could ignore that I wasn't pregnant anymore.

I've struggled with weight since then. I managed to lose quite a bit, and then got pregnant again, but that's okay. I'm just trying to keep the gain down, since I'm already overweight.

#106 of 106 Old 06-29-2010, 05:16 PM

I'll join in this thread too. I'm sorry to hear of all your losses. Life is so fragile.

I lost my firstborn daughter at 2.5 months old to SIDS. I've had 4 more babies since then but I'm still terrified in the newborn stages, it never gets easier in that regard. I love newborn babies, but I end up finding myself wishing it away so they'll be bigger and stronger, but I want to just savor it. It's hard.

I also had a miscarriage in 2003, at about 10 weeks along, though the baby probably died at 6-7 weeks.

So I am constantly checking tp and freaking out.

I've been crampy today, which might be a UTI coming on. I had trace protein in my urine at last check. Anyway the cramping is sure making me feel uneasy today. I keep trying to reassure myself...but it's hard.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page