Nickname for the little creature within? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 04-17-2010, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are calling this one "Pinchy" because that is what she/he likes to do to me thus far . Pinchy seems to get most pinchy when mama hasn't eaten in a while. It's hilarious, DH pats my belly when I don't feel well and says, "Pinchy, be good to your mama."

We called DD "Shrimpy" for a while because DH asked me early on in the pregnancy what she looked like in there and I looked it up and she looked like a shrimp.

Anyone else have a name for your lil character?

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#2 of 24 Old 04-17-2010, 11:47 PM

Nothing yet, haven't thought of one.

#3 of 24 Old 04-17-2010, 11:49 PM

We were just joking that we should call it "Wrench" because we really thought I had a plan for grad school and work, etc., and then the one month in the past year I was finally like, "yeah, maybe not right now?" we got pregnant! So it has kind of "thrown a wrench in our plans." A very happy occurence, and a cute wrench too, we are thrilled. So we'll come up with a different name!

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#4 of 24 Old 04-17-2010, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My last pregnancy was Babymort, . Today Babymort called this baby "The Doodle Baby" and I have a feeling that will stick.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#5 of 24 Old 04-17-2010, 11:56 PM

Ooops, meant to start a new thread.

#6 of 24 Old 04-17-2010, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama~Love View Post
Nothing yet, haven't thought of one.
I thought yours was 'the tiebreaker'!

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#7 of 24 Old 04-17-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbear'smama View Post
I thought yours was 'the tiebreaker'!
I guess it should be!

#8 of 24 Old 04-18-2010, 12:02 AM

DH and really feel like its a boy and we would always joke about calling him abdullah, because DH and I hate that name (it DH's best friends name). He started saying it just to mess with me. But now the nickname Apo has kind of stuck and I kind of like it. haha. I told DH he better pick a boy name he likes asap, or I WILL put Apo on his birth cert.

Until we pick a new one... its Apo. Or until we find out its really a girl... then we will switch to Neyla Jane. We havent even told DD about the baby being in mommy's tummy, just that one day she will have a brother or sister and she calls the baby, "my brother and sister, baby jane." so funny.

Lauren , DH , DD 02/2007 and expecting #2 (12/7/10)! We
#9 of 24 Old 04-18-2010, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebegim View Post
DH and really feel like its a boy and we would always joke about calling him abdullah, because DH and I hate that name (it DH's best friends name). He started saying it just to mess with me. But now the nickname Apo has kind of stuck and I kind of like it. haha. I told DH he better pick a boy name he likes asap, or I WILL put Apo on his birth cert.

Until we pick a new one... its Apo. Or until we find out its really a girl... then we will switch to Neyla Jane. We havent even told DD about the baby being in mommy's tummy, just that one day she will have a brother or sister and she calls the baby, "my brother and sister, baby jane." so funny.
Everytime I hear the name "Neyla" since you told me about it, I just squeeeee. I love, love, love that name. I really feel like this baby's a girl, so if your intuition is right, can I add Neyla to my short list? DH is really stuck on Ayse, and while I love, love, love that name, I know it will also involve a lot of explanation and may induce some irritating comments (much like Aydin's)

No nickname for this baby yet! I need to come up with one though

#10 of 24 Old 04-18-2010, 03:05 AM

We're just calling this seedling "Baby," and have been since we started talking about TTC. I have a feeling that might change, though, once DH sees ultrasounds. He's pretty stuck on babies (in utero and otherwise) looking like aliens. Big eye roll.

One curly engineer + One curly accountant = One curly preschooler (12/2010). Next up: 9/2014. Hoping this one sleeps, cause the first one didn't.
#11 of 24 Old 04-18-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmama1984 View Post
Everytime I hear the name "Neyla" since you told me about it, I just squeeeee. I love, love, love that name. I really feel like this baby's a girl, so if your intuition is right, can I add Neyla to my short list? DH is really stuck on Ayse, and while I love, love, love that name, I know it will also involve a lot of explanation and may induce some irritating comments (much like Aydin's)

No nickname for this baby yet! I need to come up with one though
oh man! I would be totally cool with you naming your baby neyla even if ours is a girl. I know they would be the only two neylas born in this country and if they ever met, they wouuld totally know that their moms knew each other. haha. it would be cool! my dh has a really unsual first name and his mother best friend named her son the same thing! So go for it!!! Then our little Neyla's will always know they have a name twin out there somewhere

Dont worry about the annoying people. I always get "a girl named charlie?" and then I say, "its a nickname, her real name is charlotte, obviously." like they soooo should have known because it so obvious. I think telling people this babies name is turkish will be a sense of pride and give baby a sense of belonging. hopefully, it wont make him/her feel as though he/she isnt welcome or doesnt really belong here. Thats why ill pick an american name too. in case he/she wants to use that name to avoid bullying but anne and baba will always call him by the turkish one! but aydin sounds like it could be american. just one that less known. im sure nosey people are just jealous because its such an awesome name! haha.

Lauren , DH , DD 02/2007 and expecting #2 (12/7/10)! We
#12 of 24 Old 04-18-2010, 09:44 AM

For awhile we were calling it my little grain of rice because of the size but for about the last few weeks we've been calling the baby peanut and I'm sure we will through at least then next few months

Jamie from Indiana, , Baby #1- Nolan Michael born December 9th, 2010
#13 of 24 Old 04-18-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebegim View Post
oh man! I would be totally cool with you naming your baby neyla even if ours is a girl. I know they would be the only two neylas born in this country and if they ever met, they wouuld totally know that their moms knew each other. haha. it would be cool! my dh has a really unsual first name and his mother best friend named her son the same thing! So go for it!!! Then our little Neyla's will always know they have a name twin out there somewhere

Dont worry about the annoying people. I always get "a girl named charlie?" and then I say, "its a nickname, her real name is charlotte, obviously." like they soooo should have known because it so obvious. I think telling people this babies name is turkish will be a sense of pride and give baby a sense of belonging. hopefully, it wont make him/her feel as though he/she isnt welcome or doesnt really belong here. Thats why ill pick an american name too. in case he/she wants to use that name to avoid bullying but anne and baba will always call him by the turkish one! but aydin sounds like it could be american. just one that less known. im sure nosey people are just jealous because its such an awesome name! haha.
Yeah, I love that when we met Turkish people, they know Aydin's name and it usually starts a dialogue, which is pretty cool. My Turkish language professor from college actually helped me pick DS's name

Speaking of people's annoying comments, the nurse at DS's former pedi was gracious enough to tell us that we should have spelled his name "I-d-e-n.". I was pretty early PP, so my hormones didn't allow for much tact in my response to that Ah, at least we switched shortly after that.

#14 of 24 Old 04-18-2010, 11:30 AM

Oh, and I love Charlie as a girl's name, nickname or otherwise. Some people just can't think outside of the box

#15 of 24 Old 04-18-2010, 07:11 PM

Jelly bean! Our 1st, DD, was gummy bear.
#16 of 24 Old 04-19-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspberry.swirl View Post
Jelly bean! Our 1st, DD, was gummy bear.
Very cute!!

#17 of 24 Old 04-19-2010, 11:23 AM

We joke around and call them parasites because I'm always hungry.

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#18 of 24 Old 04-19-2010, 12:29 PM

D5. How original, huh?

D4 (Derek) was "Peach" for a long time.

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

#19 of 24 Old 04-19-2010, 01:27 PM

Mine are a little more DS was "Chainsaw". Funny now that he's here...he is totally a Chainsaw. Should have put it on his birth certificate.

I happened to be reading him a book the other day and one of the characters was "Bonecrusher" (Why why why must things geared toward boys be so agressive?) and I thought. Hmmm let's see if this one is like his brother

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#20 of 24 Old 04-19-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post
Mine are a little more DS was "Chainsaw". Funny now that he's here...he is totally a Chainsaw. Should have put it on his birth certificate.

I happened to be reading him a book the other day and one of the characters was "Bonecrusher" (Why why why must things geared toward boys be so agressive?) and I thought. Hmmm let's see if this one is like his brother
Bonecrusher - I it! It will probably be true towards the end there when the feet are in your ribs!

#21 of 24 Old 04-19-2010, 02:17 PM

I know me too! DS tried to escape with much force out my side throughout much of my pregnancy with him. The name really fit. That's him last year at Halloween on the steps.

Too bad it's not socially acceptable to use it as a first name

It would be so cool for them to introduce each other on the playground. "I'm Chainsaw and this is my little brother Bonecrusher. Say hi Bonecrusher. We want the slide now". I don't know the sex yet obviously, but well, I refer to him as a him for some reason.

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#22 of 24 Old 04-19-2010, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

ENIGO!!! When did you get here? I was away last week, did I miss you coming into the DDC?!?! CONGRATS I'm so glad!!! . Jeez I gotta check the threads for that one!! Welcome to you and bonecrusher!!

#23 of 24 Old 04-20-2010, 03:08 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The kids have put in an order for a sister, so I *hope* they are right! It's their sister. (though DD today said she wants a baby brother AND a baby sister....and she said no ANOTHER baby brother....hooo, boy. Not at once please...)

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#24 of 24 Old 04-20-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbear'smama View Post
ENIGO!!! When did you get here? I was away last week, did I miss you coming into the DDC?!?! CONGRATS I'm so glad!!! . Jeez I gotta check the threads for that one!! Welcome to you and bonecrusher!!
I know right?
I found out last week. Thanks for the congrats!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page