Who else is of the dreaded *Advanced Maternal Age*? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 08-06-2010, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 36 and very silly young at heart-very goofy. Still, I've got deep laugh lines and emit involuntary groans every time I get out of bed or off the floor after playing with DD. I was 31 with her and felt spry and young. Now it takes about 4 weeks for a tiny abrasion on my HAND to heal up, so I'm worried about any tearing or incisions to the nether regions healing in a timely matter in my elderly state.

My OB and MW seem unfased by my age, which is reassuring and I'm glad I had many years of married life just with DH and waited to have kids.
#32 of 36 Old 08-07-2010, 10:33 AM

DDCC -

I am due January 10,

I had my first at 36. I'll be 39 when #2 is born, if late, then I will be 40. Baby #2 is due 9 days before my birthday

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#33 of 36 Old 08-07-2010, 12:33 PM

My Ob doesn't label AMA until after 35. My last pregnancy (at 35) I was not considered AMA.
But now that I am 37 I am
My Ob's are pretty great and see all ages and my age does not give them any worries and other than suggesting I see a genetic counselor my age hasn't changed anything. They actually only brought it up once at my first appt. They said here is this pamplet about it, make up your mind and let us know.
I actually had to bring it up again once DH and I decided we at least wanted to talk to her

My body is perpetually tired. I will always wish I did a better job taking care of myself when I was younger. I am certainly feeling it now.
Also I seem to be having weird blood sugar crashes that happen even though I am trying to be careful to eat often and with plenty of protein.
That is new... and honestly a bit scary.
#34 of 36 Old 08-07-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillymonster View Post
I am due January 10,

I had my first at 36. I'll be 39 when #2 is born, if late, then I will be 40. Baby #2 is due 9 days before my birthday
We share the same b-day!

I hope #2 is late, just so you get the best b-day gift!

Our Tiger Cub arrived 12/29/10
#35 of 36 Old 08-08-2010, 09:25 AM

Also DDCC! I am due January 6, although I think due to medical reasons, this one might come a little early...we will see.

I am 37, so I guess I am AMA, although I certainly don't feel like it on most days I am pretty sure I am considered "high risk" due to age, blood clotting issues, prior m/c's and prior cervical surgeries, but with all that said, I only see a regular OB and a hematologist. I am living in Europe so it will be interesting to see how the birth scene pans out here as compared to the US.

Yay for all of us *older* momma's!!!

Tracy

2 Rainbow babes, PPH/Hysterectomy survivor!
#36 of 36 Old 08-09-2010, 06:42 PM

I am ama too, although I don't put too much stock in the thought that suddenly I'm "high risk" just because I'm 37.
The big difference I've noticed is being a lot more tired, but I think that could have a lot to do with having 4 kids to take care of and a full time job, more than just being pregnant.
I have noticed that I have to be a lot more careful about my diet. If I don't eat, I feel unwell rapidly. I also seem to get more headaches, but again, that could be the stress of 4 kids and job. Luckily I've only been craving fresh fruit, lean protein, rice and fish. No weird or unhealthy cravings so far, and I haven't even been craving chocolate like I did pre-pregnancy.

Mom of 5 working full-time and waiting to go to nursing school! Whew! I need a nap! joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page