Dr said I will probably miscarry - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-22-2010, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did post this in PAL but didn't get much response so I thought I would try here.

I don't know what to think. I had my 18 w loss on 1/27/10. First period 2/26, I am not sure when I ovulated b/c my fertile mucous was on and off for a week, up to a week before I thought my next period would start. I took early pregnancy test from 3/21-3/25 and they were negative. Thought I couldn't be pregnant, took another test 3/28 and it was positive. I was very happy and scared. Now I am having other issues. 4/17 & 18 I had light pink bleeding. I went to the ER 4/18 and they said the ultrasound showed gest. sac and yolk sac measuring 6 wks no fetal pole or heartbeat(If I went by LMP I should have been 7 wks) HCG was 13,782. 4/20 I had another HCG draw, had US 4/21 there was a fetal pole still no heartbeat. HCG did rise but I think only by 1500 or so. Dr also said yolk sac was larger than fetus which is also not a good sign. I had some brown(old) blood in my underwear last night too. I have never had a drop of blood when pregnant before. I don't have a good feeling about this pregnancy. It is possible I conceived late in my cycle but with HCG not rising very well I'm assuming pregnancy is not developing correctly. I have another HCG Friday and another US next Friday. I have never had any HCG draw in any previous pregnancy or an ultrasound this early either. I don't know what is normal for me. It's just not fair if I lose this baby too, it was helping me get through the 18wk loss of my daughter. Does anyone have any insight or am I doomed?

Mama to my girls on earth and in heaven... innocent.gif K (10); energy.gifA (6); energy.gifL (3)

candle.gifBella (19 weeks) Jan '10; candle.gifRachel (16 weeks) Dec '10; candle.gifGrace (18 weeks) Oct '11; angel1.gif(10weeks)May '10, angel1.gif(4.5 weeks) Jun '07; angel1.gif(10weeks) Jun '98

#2 of 8 Old 04-22-2010, 11:28 PM

sorry mamma, I have no suggestions but sending you love and light.

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#3 of 8 Old 04-22-2010, 11:33 PM

oh mama, i wish I had some insight, but all I have is a hug. I am so sorry for the loss of your DD at 18weeks and so sorry that this pregnancy might not be progressing as it should. I cannot imagine how hard this must be for you. I hope that your next drawing will show a huge hcg increase and the US will show a strong HB. I do think its normal not to see a HB this early yet. So, dont worry too much about that. And every baby develops at a different pace. I get so upset with doctors and their one size fits all policies! It probably causes so much more worry and anxiety than necessary! We'll be thinking about you tomorrow and hoping you see great numbers! Please keep us posted on how you are doing!

Lauren

Lauren , DH , DD 02/2007 and expecting #2 (12/7/10)! We
#4 of 8 Old 04-23-2010, 12:17 AM

Many loving and sticky thoughts for you! I do not think it's out of the realm of normal to not see a heartbeat yet. I'd request another ultrasound for next week and try to keep thinking positive until then, though I know that is very difficult, especially following a loss. I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter, I'll be thinking of you.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#5 of 8 Old 04-23-2010, 12:45 AM

I don't know much but I do know that nothing is definite until you actually miscarry. I've heard amazing things happen before!

I'm so sorry this is happening in the wake of you losing your daughter.

Hoping so much that you hear good news with your next visit.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#6 of 8 Old 04-23-2010, 03:27 AM

No insight here either. But I will be holding you in my thoughts when you go for your next ultrasound.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#7 of 8 Old 04-23-2010, 09:03 AM

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I lost my daughter at 19 weeks, so I know what that is like. It is so hard when the subsequent pregnancy is not textbook. I think that if you don't really know when you conceived, it is still possible that things could be okay. Please keep us updated on your HCG and ultrasound.

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#8 of 8 Old 04-23-2010, 10:21 AM

Thinking of you and hoping the docs are wrong

~Shawnna~ Lucas 11/02 Wyatt 10/05

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page