*~Weeklly Chit Chat 4/25 - 5/1~* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 04-25-2010, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies,

Now that I am back from my honeymoon maybe I can keep weekly chit chat going.

So excited to be here. I'm a little less bloated than last week, but my boobs noticeably grew two times this last week. They look huge. I had a hard time wearing anything tight on them. I go bra free so a more loose tank top under my shirt felt so much better. At one point on my trip I just wanted to go topless in the car because it felt so good and they were so hot, but didn't want to give the truck drivers a show.

Other than that I have been craving juice, donuts, and bagels with cream cheese. I love the vegan donut holes from the co-op, though I did go to a donut shop a couple mornings ago and that was not good. Too sugary. Had to get out the bagels and hummus to settle my stomach. Oh, and ice cream and pickles are way yummy. Mmmmm..... I need to pick up some pickles tomorrow.

How's everyone else doing this week? I will post more pics in the pic thread when I get the disposable cameras processed.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 04-25-2010, 03:15 PM

Oh how fun!! Where did you go for your honeymoon?

Today (knock on wood) has been a really good day so far. The past few days Ive been SO TIRED and sleeping pretty much any chance I get. Yesterday I had no energy to do anything. I slept 10 hours Friday night and still took 2 naps yesterday! I got about 8 hours of sleep last night, and today I feel so refreshed! I must have needed that sleep!

So today is my productive day. Ive finished 2 loads of laundry, vacuumed the fleece in the guinea pigs cage, and have more laundry going as we speak. Im about to fold another load and then I think I'll tackle cleaning the bathroom. The living room is a mess, but I hope to get that cleaned and then vacuumed today too.

YAY productivity!

Fiona Rose  stillheart.gif12.25.10stillheart.gif

#3 of 21 Old 04-25-2010, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dichotomy View Post
Oh how fun!! Where did you go for your honeymoon?

Today (knock on wood) has been a really good day so far. The past few days Ive been SO TIRED and sleeping pretty much any chance I get. Yesterday I had no energy to do anything. I slept 10 hours Friday night and still took 2 naps yesterday! I got about 8 hours of sleep last night, and today I feel so refreshed! I must have needed that sleep!

So today is my productive day. Ive finished 2 loads of laundry, vacuumed the fleece in the guinea pigs cage, and have more laundry going as we speak. Im about to fold another load and then I think I'll tackle cleaning the bathroom. The living room is a mess, but I hope to get that cleaned and then vacuumed today too.

YAY productivity!
Well, we started in Northern CA, then went to Yreka, CA to have lunch with the woman who officiated our wedding (friend of DH's), then to Oregon to visit my older sister, next Maple Falls, WA to visit my cousin and her family, then to visit my MDC friend in Idaho (whom I had never met before and helped her in her garden), then to Yellowstone for a couple of days (I will definitely be visiting there again, so much wildlife and beautiful scenery), then to Salt Lake City, UT to visit a friend of DH's and home. We camped and stayed in hotels between major stops. It was a blast and we got to see friends and family who couldn't make it to the wedding and see where they lived, because we hadn't been to any of these places before except for my DH's friend in UT.

Dichotomy - I definitely had so much energy when we came home yesterday. So much sitting in the car and I wanted to get things done before I got tired. Can nesting start this early?

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

#4 of 21 Old 04-25-2010, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome home!

I am sick as a dog. To add insult to injury, today I went to put on a pair of jeans that were a little too big a couple weeks ago... and now they're a little too tight. Trying hard not to be sad.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#5 of 21 Old 04-25-2010, 10:10 PM

Well we told the kids and family today, earlier than we had planned, but it just felt like the right time with the kids. I am feeling quite a bit worse this time than with either of the other 2, it is reassuring after a miscarriage, but it still really sucks!

I slept for almost 12 hours last night and I still pretty much just sat on the couch today! I have 3 clients due in the next 5 weeks and I'm a little worried about how that's going to go, I'm hoping adrenaline carries me through!

Cathy, that sounds like a fun trip!

Dicotomy, wow! I haven't done that much in the last week combined!

Annette, just think, with 2 things are bound to happen sooner, you'll be looking gloriously pregnant in no time! I hope you're feeling glorious in no time too!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#6 of 21 Old 04-26-2010, 01:52 AM

Congrats on the awesome honeymoon road trip!
I have dry skin on my face and my scalp is itchy. Feel tired at spontaneous moments, seriously, sometimes a sleepy spell just hits me. I was so grateful when I got DD to nap at 11:30 on Friday, a whole 2 hours before her usual nap time. I have an appetite in the morning and it still lessens as the day goes on. I want to drink water all the time. I swear I pee every 2 hours! I wake up once/night to pee. Still holding off on telling the family, it's really difficult. I think my mom already knows, she so does. Hopefully, we can hang in there until Mother's Day!
#7 of 21 Old 04-26-2010, 10:09 AM

Farmer - glad you had a nice honeymoon! What a great way to start off your married life!

Rasberry - I'm telling my family on Mother's day, too! I've had two different people tell me that I have a "look" about me, and my mom would completely pick up on that... I wonder if she has an inkling already.

Anette - I know this is going to sound funny, but I'll trade places with you. I have really minimal symptoms (tired, hungry, sore bbs) and am obsessing over the fact that I don't feel pregnant yet.

Sarah - congrats on telling your family! How did they take it?

Dichotomy - Glad you feel better! Its hard work, growing a baby - you're allowed a nap or two. (At least, that's what I tell my DH all the time when he laughs at me for falling asleep at 9!)

Not looking forward to work this week. My students are losing their collective minds as the weather gets nicer, and I hate calling their homes with bad news. Hopefully that'll keep me from obsessing to much. My next MW appointment isn't until 5/4, and I think waiting for that is worse than the 2ww!

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

#8 of 21 Old 04-26-2010, 11:36 AM

I'm sooooo tired, that's my biggest pregnancy sign right now, and my boobies are super sore! They feel a little heavier too... I hope I don't grow out of my bras yet! I'm already a BIG size...

Sometimes I don't feel pregnant, but I always feel tired, so if I "forget" for a few hours, I usually think "why am I soooo tired... oh yeah, prego..." LOL.

Today I don't especially have extra energy, but I have two days off, so my goals are to get the living room, kitchen and girls rooms cleaned and vaccumed today, and have dinner ready before dh gets home, as we have a "spring sing" performance tonight at the girls school at 7pm. Trying to be organized is so hard when I have pregnancy brain starting to happen.
I work with numbers a LOT on the fly at work and I noticed that I was struggling a little with it last night.... I'm worried about being able to do my job for the next 8 months!!!

I still haven't told anyone about my pregnancy. I'm just not ready, and I'm still making sure I'm not going to MC. I feel really weird about not telling DH, so I will probably tell him in the next couple days. He will figure it out when I order prenatal vitamins online anyway, so I'd, obviously, rather tell him before he sees that bill! lol.

Did anyone tell their DH in a special way? I'm thinking of wrapping a note in christmas wrapping paper, telling him about his "christmas present" that's coming! corny? a little....
- Jen

Mom of 5 working full-time and waiting to go to nursing school! Whew! I need a nap! joy.gif

#9 of 21 Old 04-27-2010, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydoula View Post
Did anyone tell their DH in a special way? I'm thinking of wrapping a note in christmas wrapping paper, telling him about his "christmas present" that's coming! corny? a little....
- Jen
That is a way cute idea. I just ran into the bedroom at 6:30am, flipped on the light and showed him the pregnancy test. LOL! I couldn't contain myself.

My boobs are so sore and now really hurt when DS tries to nurse. At least he only does this maybe once or twice a month now. He's trying to understand why they hurt and why he needs to be gentle. DS says that he has a boy baby in his belly and I have a girl baby in my belly. We're thinking its a girl so we'll see if we all are right.

I'm totally having aversions to eating dinner though. It's weird. I eat a couple bites and then just end up going to bed. For me that is weird.

#10 of 21 Old 04-27-2010, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

I forgot to say. My first Midwife appt. is today. Yeah!
I will come back and tell ya all about it.

#11 of 21 Old 04-28-2010, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Saw my midwife today, but not too much to report except that my glucose in my urine was off the charts. I think it might have been the gummy worms I ate in between breakfast and lunch. I got them from the co-op, but I'm sure they are still loaded with sugar. I'm going to go to Kaiser for my blood work and possibly a glucose test (not looking forward to either). Hopefully my blood sugar is fine. We'll see. It was a problem with my DS at the end of my pregnancy and I just did a diet change.

Other than that she was happy that I was having lots of pregnancy symptoms. So, my appt. with the nurse/midwife at kaiser is next week. Really happy to be having early appt.'s this time around. So exciting! My next appt. with my midwife we will be able to hear the heartbeat.

#12 of 21 Old 04-28-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerCathy View Post
Saw my midwife today, but not too much to report except that my glucose in my urine was off the charts. I think it might have been the gummy worms I ate in between breakfast and lunch. I got them from the co-op, but I'm sure they are still loaded with sugar. I'm going to go to Kaiser for my blood work and possibly a glucose test (not looking forward to either). Hopefully my blood sugar is fine. We'll see. It was a problem with my DS at the end of my pregnancy and I just did a diet change.

Other than that she was happy that I was having lots of pregnancy symptoms. So, my appt. with the nurse/midwife at kaiser is next week. Really happy to be having early appt.'s this time around. So exciting! My next appt. with my midwife we will be able to hear the heartbeat.
How far along will u b when u get to try and hear the heartbeat? So exciting!

Mom of 5 working full-time and waiting to go to nursing school! Whew! I need a nap! joy.gif

#13 of 21 Old 04-28-2010, 01:44 PM

I am 6 weeks I think.
I am feeling very sick! and it is all the time. It is reassuring a bit though. I am dealing with insomnia at night, which is driving me nuts. I really want to sleep. Nursing and being pregnant is a first for me, so i think i am having some different symptoms because of it. I am starving all the time. I have to eat almost every hour. and i am very, very thirsty.

I am trying to find us a new house to live in, so it is keeping me pretty busy. I am also trying to homeschool my girls, take care of my CP son, who is 11 months, and all his therapies.

We have not been able to eat at home much. I really want to, but i am just avoiding the kitchen for some reason. This weekend i am planning on making DH go shopping, for healthy, easy fix meals. And i think it is time my 9 year old, really learns to cook. LOL

Melissa- homeschooling mom to Samantha ( 9) Gabby ( 8) Emma (6) and Diesel (12 months) and Rachel Rebecca Brock Erik Joe Noah 6-25-10 5 early miscarriages
#14 of 21 Old 04-28-2010, 05:45 PM

road trip honeymoon! how cool. congrats

we just finished having our kitchen redone, which was exciting. and by exciting, i mean excruciating. it was a very difficult and dusty 2 weeks with lots of chipotle and cold cereal, but luckily it was done before my serious hunger problems and hunger-related nausea kicked in. i'm in week 9 now (or the top of week 10?) and my hunger wakes me up in the morning, like a fierce stomachache. how could i forget how harsh it was!!

the belly is starting to bulge. it's funny, b/c i start each day with a little roundness and by the end of each day it looks like i did at 4 months with the last PG. then each morning it's back to looking semi-normal. it cracks me up!
#15 of 21 Old 04-28-2010, 05:51 PM

ooo - me too oyinmama! I felt HUGE last night, and this morning I woke up feeling positively skinny! I even lost 0.8 lbs. I'm sure it will even out sometime. But it's nice not having gained any weight yet since I'm am really trying to gain less this time. So if I don't gain any weight for the next 4.5 wks then I will have gotten thru the 1st tri without gaining like I did with my first babe. We'll see!

Peace and health, Jenny - Mama to my love 12/01, my lovely 7/04, and my beloved 10/06, and one angel. ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35***bellycast.gif40**
#16 of 21 Old 04-28-2010, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydoula View Post
How far along will u b when u get to try and hear the heartbeat? So exciting!
at almost 11 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyinmama View Post
road trip honeymoon! how cool. congrats

we just finished having our kitchen redone, which was exciting. and by exciting, i mean excruciating. it was a very difficult and dusty 2 weeks with lots of chipotle and cold cereal, but luckily it was done before my serious hunger problems and hunger-related nausea kicked in. i'm in week 9 now (or the top of week 10?) and my hunger wakes me up in the morning, like a fierce stomachache. how could i forget how harsh it was!!

the belly is starting to bulge. it's funny, b/c i start each day with a little roundness and by the end of each day it looks like i did at 4 months with the last PG. then each morning it's back to looking semi-normal. it cracks me up!
Thanks oyinmama! Yeah, same here with bloated each night and just a little belly in the morning.

I'm actually just starting to feel my uterus. I can tell on our bumpy dirt road.

#17 of 21 Old 04-29-2010, 09:42 AM

Anyone else hungry all. the. bloody. time?!
I wake up hungry in the middle of the night. I mean, come on!
I ignore it at night, and by morning I'm so starving it hurts, would think I hadn't eaten in weeks.
I can eat and be full, and almost be hungry at the same time.

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#18 of 21 Old 04-29-2010, 09:48 AM

Hey Ladies, how is everyone? I called another MW yesterday, and it sounds like we'll be a good match. Now DH has to like her as well. She will be coming to our house for an appt. on June 11th, and she'll do a prenatal then as well. Please keep your that DH will like her & be comfortable with her. This is my last option for a MW & HB.

#19 of 21 Old 04-29-2010, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

#20 of 21 Old 04-30-2010, 02:11 AM

Hi Everyone Thought I would join in on the chat! I am 6.5 weeks now. Feeling pretty good, this is baby number 5 for us. We had 4 in 4 years and our youngest is 3.5 now so I am feeling alot better starting out this time, feel like I had a chance to recover in between! I have mild nausea so not too bad, fingers crossed! I also wake up looking tiny and by the evening have a HUGE belly, what is up with that?? Since we are not telling anyone yet I am going to have to avoid evening visits with anyone!
I am pretty nervous about telling our families, they are less than supportive of our choices to live "alternatively" farming, cob home building etc.. We are going to wait as long as possible to tell them!
Glad to have you all to chat with, this seems like a great group!

Mama to SDD (12), DD (8), DD (6), DD, (4), DS (3) and new little babe arriving Dec. We are in the process of building our cob home and homestead
#21 of 21 Old 04-30-2010, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmom View Post
Hi Everyone Thought I would join in on the chat! I am 6.5 weeks now. Feeling pretty good, this is baby number 5 for us. We had 4 in 4 years and our youngest is 3.5 now so I am feeling alot better starting out this time, feel like I had a chance to recover in between! I have mild nausea so not too bad, fingers crossed! I also wake up looking tiny and by the evening have a HUGE belly, what is up with that?? Since we are not telling anyone yet I am going to have to avoid evening visits with anyone!
I am pretty nervous about telling our families, they are less than supportive of our choices to live "alternatively" farming, cob home building etc.. We are going to wait as long as possible to tell them!
Glad to have you all to chat with, this seems like a great group!
I think its great you are living alternatively and building a cob home. We will be homesteading and growing all our own food hopefully by next year after we move back to the East coast. I hear ya on not seeing anyone at night. I'm not ready to let anyone else know. I told my closest friends and family and that's it.

I have been going to bed at 9pm. I feel bad for my DH because I'm just totally exhausted by then. I start thinking about bed by around 6pm. I get up around 6:30am before he does. I'm thinking about pulling out my yoga video and doing that when its so early.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page