Freaking Out. .Please Re-Assure me. . . - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-25-2010, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok. . I am freaking right now. TMI to follow (sorry). . .

I have been very constipated today, which I assume is from the vitamins and the Zofran I am taking (only taken 3 tablets so far). I had lots of cramping today, but it was totally "I have to go to the bathroom cramping", not uterine cramping. I had diarrhea eventually and felt better. Then tonight before I got in the shower I had the feeling to 'go' again and sat down and . . .nothing. A little "toot" (lol. . sorry), came out, but that was it. so I just wiped and stood up. Well when I looked in the toilet there was this mucousy bloody stuff floating in the toilet. I picked it up with the paper (gross I know!) and looked at it. . .it was basically like red-tinged EWCM and saw a couple of little tiny brown looking things, which I am only praying was poop. . even though I KNOW how disgusting that is.

I immeidately checked my cervix and there was absolutely no blood on my finger. . .nothing. So I am not sure if it came out of my girly parts or my 'potty' parts.

I know this is nasty, but I am literally freaking out right now. I have not seen a drop of blood in 6 1/2 weeks and have had no problems.

Please let me know what you think about this. .if anything. No cramping now, and no other signs of blood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2010, 04:26 AM

is it possible you have a hemorrhoid? if you do, then that might be where the blood came from. If you've been constipated, it's very likely that it was not from your vagina, but that a blood vessel was strained when you were experiencing the constipation.
One thing you can, carefully, do to check for sure for blood in or around your cervix is to put a qtip alongside your finger and swirl around the cervix. The white qtip will tell you exactly what color the cervical discharge is, whether it's clear, white, yellow or red-tinged. Just be aware that the more you "play around with" your cervix, the more likely it is to bleed a little, as it becomes more friable and more easily irritated when you're pregnant.

You shouldn't be having constipation. I would caution you to check the label of the vitamins you're taking. If they have Ferrous Sulfate in them (FS) then that is the harshest form of Iron you could take and it causes wicked constipation. I took a prenatal with that in it, faithfully, each day with my first pregnancy and I had HORRIBLE constipation. I didn't poop for the last 3 or 4 days before my son was born, and then ended up pooping during delivery, embarrassing! and painful and uncomfortable.
You can get better iron from Heme sources like liver and red meats, spinach and other dark leafy veggies, legumes and whole grains.
And/or switch to a prenatal that has ferrous fumarate or glucinate or succinate in it. These are much easier to digest and cause little to no constipation.
My favorite prenatal is from NF, here's a link.
I'm an apprentice midwife, although Im on hiatus right now, and I would recommend these to my clients. THey have a LOT of the herbs we recommend in pregnancy and the vitamins you need as well. They're vegetarian and quality prenatals, more opportunity to be digested well and used by the body rather than just peed out!
Hope that helps! I'm not endorsing the website I showed, btw, just one of many that sells NF prenatal forte.

I hope you get some rest and have no more constipation! Add more fiber, fiber caps if you have to, and drink more water! Avoid caffeine, as it's deyhdrating, and try to get rest! HOpefully that helps!!!
- Jen

Mom of 5 working full-time and waiting to go to nursing school! Whew! I need a nap! joy.gif

Old 04-26-2010, 11:35 AM

It kind of sounds like a hemorrhoid. You can have them internally and not even know they're there! Do you have a healthcare professional who can check you out to reassure you?

I'm sorry you're freaking out; I would be too.

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
Old 04-29-2010, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry it took so long to respond girls! Thank you so much for your thoughts. . and I think you're right. I do have a history of hemmorhoids but never something like that coming out. . usually it's just there when I wipe. . this came out without any poop or anything. . which I guess would make sense if I'm constipated.

Good news is I haven't seen a drop of it since and no cramping and definitely still sick.. so I am betting it was that.

I am also taking Zofran for nausea and I think I heard that can cause constipation as well. . so looks like I'm getting it from both avenues. I've been drinking lots of water and hoping that helps some. I haven't had a decent poop in a few days (sorry TMI). . LOL

But anyway. . thank you!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:33 AM

I'm glad it was just a one-time thing! Any bleeding during pregnancy is scary as hell.

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
Old 04-29-2010, 01:05 PM

I was on Zofran for 3 months with DD...the number one complaint women have with it is constipation! Horrible, horrible, horrible. I got desperate enough to take some milk of magnesia (under watch of midwife), and it was awful....

Anyways....

Here's a good site about it, and has lots of helpful info for mamas with hyperemesis (I'm okay so far, but mine didn't start until 11-12 weeks last time, so we'll see...)

http://www.hyperemesis.org/hyperemes...edications.php

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
Old 04-29-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slparker View Post
Sorry it took so long to respond girls! Thank you so much for your thoughts. . and I think you're right. I do have a history of hemmorhoids but never something like that coming out. . usually it's just there when I wipe. . this came out without any poop or anything. . which I guess would make sense if I'm constipated.

Good news is I haven't seen a drop of it since and no cramping and definitely still sick.. so I am betting it was that.

I am also taking Zofran for nausea and I think I heard that can cause constipation as well. . so looks like I'm getting it from both avenues. I've been drinking lots of water and hoping that helps some. I haven't had a decent poop in a few days (sorry TMI). . LOL

But anyway. . thank you!
I had the same thing happen the other day from my hemmorhoid. I did check to make sure it wasn't from my cervix. Now it seems I'm on the mend. I think it was from being on my honeymoon for 9 days and then coming back home and being 'normal' again.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

User Tag List