Pregnancy bloat? Baby Belly? Or what? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 04-29-2010, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Holy heck, none of my pants fit! I am only 5w3d, but I cannot squeeze into my pants at all. I already had to buy a size larger at Goodwill this weekend.

This is my 4th pregnancy, and as sick as I feel I am SO starving and have gained 3-4lbs, but I have been in this size jeans at a higher weight than now. How can something the size of a grain of rice make me unable to zip up my pants?!? Anyone else feel like they need to break out the sweatpants before 6 weeks???

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#2 of 26 Old 04-29-2010, 04:19 PM

This is the second morning that I needed to break out the belly band Now I do have multiple sizes in my pants, but the bigger pants are starting to get a little tighter. We went shopping for a nice outfit last week for the rehearsal dinner for BIL's wedding and there were a few outfits that DP veto'd because I looked HUGELY PREGNANT in...

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#3 of 26 Old 04-29-2010, 04:34 PM

Pants fresh out of the dryer aren't too friendly to my waistline recently. It gets more comfortable after a few squats and some shifting. I doubt those strategies will last much longer...sigh.
#4 of 26 Old 04-29-2010, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

As soon as my husband gets home I think I will hit Target for some Bella Bands.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#5 of 26 Old 04-29-2010, 05:57 PM

I've been pretty ok in the morning, but once the evening rolls around, the bloat is making me look 4 months pregnant already!

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

#6 of 26 Old 04-29-2010, 06:35 PM

My pants are fine, it's wearing a bra that kills me. Anything that cuts across where my stomach sits makes me feel like I'm going to puke. That's the are of my tummy that's bloating a bit.

Do they sell Bella Bands at Target? I'd love to know since I've always wanted to try one but didn't want to buy without knowing if I liked it or not.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#7 of 26 Old 04-29-2010, 06:39 PM

Target sells their own brand of Bella band:
http://tinyurl.com/279z6e8

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

#8 of 26 Old 04-29-2010, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny Face View Post
Do they sell Bella Bands at Target? I'd love to know since I've always wanted to try one but didn't want to buy without knowing if I liked it or not.
They do, they are made by the same people, and called BeBands and sell for like $17. They may be thinner, I am not sure. I know they have Spanx that are made by Spanx, called something else, but are not as thick.

#9 of 26 Old 04-29-2010, 08:26 PM

I already have quite the belly at 6.5 weeks! It is crazy, and will be hard to hide this pregnancy for long. For me especially in the evening too!

Mama to SDD (12), DD (8), DD (6), DD, (4), DS (3) and new little babe arriving Dec. We are in the process of building our cob home and homestead
#10 of 26 Old 04-29-2010, 08:36 PM

I thought it was just me!! I looked in the mirror today and saw a belly. My pants stopped buttoning comfortably last week, too.

I was at a conference today and saw someone who looked about the same size prego as me and I stopped her to ask how far along she is and she said 14 wks!! I'm only 6w5d (with twins) but still....

***4***8***12***16***20******28***32***36***40
#11 of 26 Old 04-29-2010, 08:39 PM

I am hoping this doesn't mean I could have twins in there I am really big and have already put my jeans away :0

Mama to SDD (12), DD (8), DD (6), DD, (4), DS (3) and new little babe arriving Dec. We are in the process of building our cob home and homestead
#12 of 26 Old 04-29-2010, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmom View Post
I am hoping this doesn't mean I could have twins in there I am really big and have already put my jeans away :0
With all the other twins expected in this DDC and high betas, I am worried too. 1 week until my ultrasound!

#13 of 26 Old 04-29-2010, 11:30 PM

DH looked at me yesterday and said, "I think you're about to show!" Aaack! I'm only 8 weeks and a few days, and I'd really like to wait another month before announcing it to the world. I didn't think I was supposed to show this early with #1! How early did you guys start to show with your first? I've only gained two pounds, but those two are making me look ridiculous. And my clothes don't fit. It's too early to go buy maternity clothes, isn't it???

One curly engineer + One curly accountant = One curly preschooler (12/2010). Next up: 9/2014. Hoping this one sleeps, cause the first one didn't.
#14 of 26 Old 04-30-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobranna View Post
DH looked at me yesterday and said, "I think you're about to show!" Aaack! I'm only 8 weeks and a few days, and I'd really like to wait another month before announcing it to the world. I didn't think I was supposed to show this early with #1! How early did you guys start to show with your first? I've only gained two pounds, but those two are making me look ridiculous. And my clothes don't fit. It's too early to go buy maternity clothes, isn't it???
I was about 16 weeks when I showed with my pregnancies. I mean I had a little belly but nothing that couldn't have been excused by a big meal.

I was 40 weeks pregnant with #1 and people would still ask cautiously 'Are you pregnant?' though.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#15 of 26 Old 04-30-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splath View Post
I've been pretty ok in the morning, but once the evening rolls around, the bloat is making me look 4 months pregnant already!
Same here

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

#16 of 26 Old 05-01-2010, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splath View Post
Yeah, me too. I would love to know what causes that bloat. I remember having it with DS too.

I don't think I can get bella bands where I live, but they look awesome. I'll have to see if I can get them shipped here.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#17 of 26 Old 05-01-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobranna View Post
This is my 3rd pregnancy and i'm 9 weeks and showing...my first two i didn't show to the world until i was was like 5-6 months; so i'm glad i'm not the only one not able to fit into my jeans!
#18 of 26 Old 05-01-2010, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Watch out-- twins seem to be running rampant in our DDC.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#19 of 26 Old 05-02-2010, 06:32 AM

Count me in too for the massive bloat. My waist has gone up and inch and a half in the last week alone. Nothing the size of a blueberry should cause this much belly!
#20 of 26 Old 05-02-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Watch out-- twins seem to be running rampant in our DDC.
lol, that would sure be shocking; multiples don't run at all in either family
#21 of 26 Old 05-02-2010, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleT View Post
lol, that would sure be shocking; multiples don't run at all in either family
Not in mine either... and yet here we are.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#22 of 26 Old 05-02-2010, 01:10 PM

i am 7 weeks, and cant even wear my regualr shirts anymore. they are tight now. my pants were history by 5 weeks, had to buy a belly band from motherhood.

It is crazy. I havent really gained any weight either, just a bunch of shifting going on or something. I am going to tell my mom this week, if all goes well with my appt on wednesday, because there is no way i can hide this until 20 weeks, like i did my last pregnancy.

Melissa- homeschooling mom to Samantha ( 9) Gabby ( 8) Emma (6) and Diesel (12 months) and Rachel Rebecca Brock Erik Joe Noah 6-25-10 5 early miscarriages
#23 of 26 Old 05-02-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Not in mine either... and yet here we are.
They dont run in my family either, but i still wonder if i will have twins this time.

I got pregnant with triplets while on birth control. One died at 5 weeks, and we believe they were identical twins with a fraternal triplet. My twins that remained developed twin to twin tranfusion, and were born early due to prom, and didnt make it. That was 11 years ago.

When i think about that, and how i was on birth control, and i got pregnant with all those babies, i wonder. and i have read the more pregnancies you have, the higher your changes, and this is about pregnancy 14 for me. that mixed with the fact i had multiples before. my kids keep talking that i am having a boy and a girl. while i would welcome twins, i am leary, because i have really hard pregnancies, and twins would complicate further, the issues i already have.

Guess i will find out soon enough.

Melissa- homeschooling mom to Samantha ( 9) Gabby ( 8) Emma (6) and Diesel (12 months) and Rachel Rebecca Brock Erik Joe Noah 6-25-10 5 early miscarriages
#24 of 26 Old 05-02-2010, 01:28 PM

eeek; i couldn't even imagine having multiples
#25 of 26 Old 05-02-2010, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

I am nervous, they run in mine! I have a paternal aunt who had twins (stillbirth, fraternal) and a maternal aunt who had fraternal twins. I also have had children already, and I am over 30. My HCG is doubling 24 hours faster than it should, and it is higher than it should be (but not as high as some of these mamas, holy moly!) I think at this point I am not *expecting* twins, but I really would not be shocked... well I would, but you know what I mean.

#26 of 26 Old 05-02-2010, 03:58 PM

I am definitely having to use the elastic band trick to get my pants closed. And I'm loving the few drawstring waist pants that I have. Hoping to wait at least 3 more weeks to tell anyone...we'll see.

Angie, Mama to Finn (6/01) and Theo (4/05)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page