Weepy Much? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-11-2010, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am!! I cried about all kinds of things over the weekend and today I have been on the edge of tears all day for various (pretty trivial) reasons. I guess it's hormones and I get that, but man! I am not used to being on the edge of breaking down this often, I am usually a pretty tough mama! Anyone else weepy much?

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 05-11-2010, 07:07 PM

Yes, I get that lump in my throat over everything, esp. happy things. I cry every time Big Bird and Mr. Rogers hug during that one PBS promo.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#3 of 10 Old 05-11-2010, 07:55 PM

Me! I've been crying a lot for the past week or so.
#4 of 10 Old 05-12-2010, 06:27 PM

Me too! When DD1 (age 4) gave me my very first made-in-school Mothers Day present I teared up, and when I read the poem that went with it (it starts with "Mom, I am your little flower" ) I started bawling so hard I couldn't finish reading it. I cry over everything, it's ridiculous!

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#5 of 10 Old 05-12-2010, 11:20 PM

My symptoms: peeing, cravings, and crying! lol. I cry over the smallest things. Whether I am happy, sad, frustrated- you name it! Yesterday, I cried because my husband brought me home three different flavors of sunflower seeds at midnight. I guess I realized how important it was to have such a thoughtful partner!
#6 of 10 Old 05-13-2010, 08:03 PM

yeah- for me, everything that would have used to just annoy me, now makes me cry too

Jamie from Indiana, , Baby #1- Nolan Michael born December 9th, 2010
#7 of 10 Old 05-13-2010, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ME!!! And very easily irritable/angry as well. I cried for 20 minutes on Sunday because my husband went to Babies 'R Us with his mother. We haven't done any baby shopping (or just browsing) together and he agrees to go with his mother while visiting her for the weekend while I'm home alone?! UGH. It's not even about BRU. I don't even think I need any of the junk they sell, I just want the 2 of us to get to do some baby stuff together.

Also some back story.... I am already upset that his mother sent me a mother's day card AND got my parents in on it as well. I know she thought it was a nice thing to do and I appreciate that, but I think it's bad luck. I'm not a mother yet. I lost my first pregnancy in November and I'm still scared that will happen again.

But the main thing is that I felt like I hadn't gotten to the point where I was really "allowed" to get excited and shop for baby stuff yet. We were really cautious about telling people at first and everyone knows we weren't shopping or doing any preparing yet (even though I had really wanted to since the BFP!). But then MIL goes and makes the decision that it is time to get excited and start doing stuff? This is my/DH's baby - can't I call the shots just this once?!?! DH is being really understanding, it just took me seriously falling apart for him to get it cause I have had a hard time explaining how I feel lately when I feel so CRAZY!

Lori ~ wife to DH 5 yrs ~ DS born naturally 11.20.10!
#8 of 10 Old 05-14-2010, 02:23 PM

Cried today in the car, listening to The Living Years (Mike and the Mechanics) on the radio!
#9 of 10 Old 05-14-2010, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

eastvillage, I could totally see that, I do that too. I recently cried listening to "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World by Neil Young, you know that part about the mother dumping her baby to go get drugs and he says "there's one more kid who'll never go to school, never get to fall in love, never get to be cool" OMG I was a mess!

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#10 of 10 Old 05-15-2010, 09:43 PM

{{waves hand}} ME! I'm somewhat emotional to start with, so trying to keep up with my moods now is kind of challenging.

Bless my hormones.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page