feeling so sick - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-12-2010, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I realize others have it worse than me, but I just need to vent...

I am almost 9 wks and I have felt progressively sicker over the past month. I am not vomiting often, once a day at most, but my stomach is constantly churning and gurgling. I never want to eat and, accordingly, I end up feeling worse because I get hungry in addition to feeling so nauseated. The past few days I have been virtually incapacitated by how sick I feel.

This is my second pregnancy and I had no idea I would feel this bad. The moment dh gets home from work, I go to bed. I am lucky he does so much for me and dd! Poor dd tells me how much she misses me. This morning as I was throwing up, she offered to clean it up for me (I declined her generous offer). She doesn't know that I am pg, thank goodness, because it might make her fear pregnancy!

I had to leave an important work meeting today because I was almost doubled over with nausea. I spent the afternoon in bed, unable to fall asleep because I felt too bad. I am fortunate that I only work part-time; I can't imagine how I could make it through a full-time work week right now!

I have another big meeting tomorrow morning and I am worried that I won't be able to get through it...I just hope that I will feel at least somewhat better in a few weeks.

It feels good to get this off my chest - thanks for listening

Mama to Ellie (11/11/05) and Owen, born 12/12/10 - a successful VBAC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-13-2010, 04:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugh, I totally feel ya! I've been getting more and more nauseated the last two weeks. It's been really hard at work, since I bend over a lot, repetatively, and if I eat and then go back to bending, I get really light headed and sick, but if I don't eat, the same thing happens without feeling so much like I'm going to puke. SO I totally understand! It's so frustrating! But I can tell you that it does pass. Ginger helps, peppermint helps and sometimes tangerine helps, as far as EO's or foods go. Also, Sea Bands and drinking enough fluids and getting enough rest, naps, going to bed early enough, etc. Oh, and exercize! Really! Even when you really really don't want to walk around your block, GO DO IT! You really will feel better most of the time, if only to get that increased oxygen running through you!
hth a little!
- Jen

Mom of 5 working full-time and waiting to go to nursing school! Whew! I need a nap! joy.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page