*~Weekly Chit Chat 5/23 - 5/29~* - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 88 Old 05-27-2010, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerCathy View Post
I'm hoping for 2 wks this time since hubby will have a new job and it will be the holidays anyways so I should be able to get at leat that. Last time I only got 3 days from my workaholic ex. 6 wks would be wonderful, your a lucky mama.
Well, we'll see. They could decide no. But he gets 4 weeks of vacation a year and hasn't taken any of it. And it's already written in that he gets 2 paid weeks of paternity. The only thing is, according to his contract he can't take more than 2 Sundays off in a row.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#62 of 88 Old 05-27-2010, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I just caved and picked up my zofran. Bring on the constipation!!!

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
#63 of 88 Old 05-27-2010, 04:04 PM

*sigh* If I thought the diarrhea was bad BEFORE the antibiotics...

Jess ~ RN & student CNM, Blogger (see profile), wifey to T-Rav & momma to sons Buggy ~7/04 & Newt ~1/08 & Tad 6/19/09 & Con-man 1/11!  <3
#64 of 88 Old 05-27-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dichotomy View Post
For the past few days Ive been experiencing a not so fun phenomenon. I. Feel. SO. Full. Always. Well, it started with yesterday, and keeps continuing. Only its not that "bottom of your tummy, just ate a big turkey dinner" kind of full. It feels like its sitting just underneath my chest. I dont get it one bit. Im not eating big meals. I barely snacked today because of the uncomfortable feeling. Anybody else have anything like this go on during their first trimester? I dont feel acidy, but I do feel like theres stuff just sitting there, where you would have heartburn issues.
I get this a lot. Sometimes accompanied by pain, like gas pain. It's so uncomfortable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Well, we'll see. They could decide no. But he gets 4 weeks of vacation a year and hasn't taken any of it. And it's already written in that he gets 2 paid weeks of paternity. The only thing is, according to his contract he can't take more than 2 Sundays off in a row.
That stinks about the 2 Sundays in a row clause. Hoping they approve him for a good, extended babymoon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ein328 View Post
So, I just caved and picked up my zofran. Bring on the constipation!!!
It is no joke. Go buy stool softeners and glycerin suppositories NOW and don't wait to start using them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine1001 View Post

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#65 of 88 Old 05-27-2010, 09:21 PM

My dopplar came in the mail yesterday and I am having a really hard time resisting the urge to listen to the heartbeat 3x a day
Heartbeat has been pretty high...160-174.....just curious what other 12 weeks heartbeats are!

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

#66 of 88 Old 05-27-2010, 09:34 PM

Hi Wildecat, my bubbas heart beat is in the high 160's too so I'm thinking it's a girl...that's the old wives tale anyway isn't it?
I haven't posted on these forums at all the whole first trimester- I've had hyperemisis and been in hospital as well having emergency surgery on my left ovary, which twisted on itself...agonising! But now am nearly 13 1/2 weeks and all is going well, bubba is safe and sound and the nuchal fold scan came back low risk

fly-by-nursing1.gifMama to DD1 (3yrs) blahblah.gif, DD2 (2 yrs) energy.gif, married to DH superhero.gif, waiting for our 3rd baby to join us in November joy.gif

#67 of 88 Old 05-27-2010, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I know huh. Bad deal. That's what I had last week. I actually put diaper cream on my butt. I pooped every.time. I.peed. It sucked. So sorry you have to go through this too.

I'm so excited! It's like my belly had a growth spurt today. I can now feel my uterus. Had DH feel it too, he thought that was pretty cool. I just love my new hubby. Can't wait to see the midwife tomorrow. Hoping we will hear the heartbeat, but not too worried if we don't, I'll be 10 wks on Saturday. It would be great if we do though.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#68 of 88 Old 05-27-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmecat View Post
Hi Wildecat, my bubbas heart beat is in the high 160's too so I'm thinking it's a girl...that's the old wives tale anyway isn't it?
I haven't posted on these forums at all the whole first trimester- I've had hyperemisis and been in hospital as well having emergency surgery on my left ovary, which twisted on itself...agonising! But now am nearly 13 1/2 weeks and all is going well, bubba is safe and sound and the nuchal fold scan came back low risk
haha we didn't find out the sex, and my first's heartbeat was always low- 120s - 130s. my mw kept joking, you know what that means!

she was a girl :-)

hope you are feeling better- i know what HG is like!

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
#69 of 88 Old 05-27-2010, 11:49 PM

Oh emme, im glad that youre starting to feel a bit better. Sounds like a VERY rough first trimester you've had!!

Im feeling mostly better these days. I still have my off days, but my nausea is no longer a nightly issue, and the sheer exhaustion has seemed to ease up a *little bit* ( knock on wood ). I think theres hope of me being a functioning person again sometime in the next week or two! My housework surely could use it!

And call me crazy....but tonight it *appeared* as if Im slowly starting to look more pregnant, versus just fluffy.

Still not ready to show that belly pic just yet though. Haha.

I'll be 11 weeks on Monday!!

Fiona Rose  stillheart.gif12.25.10stillheart.gif

#70 of 88 Old 05-28-2010, 01:09 AM

OK, for any of you who have NOT tried the smoothie featured on the Mothering home page, you HAVE TO. When nothing else sounded good, I whipped up one of these, substituting the coconut oil and whey powder with some plain lowfat yogurt and HOLY MOLEY. It's so yummy! The hint of ginger makes a world of difference!!

I wish sometimes that I could either already hear the heartbeat or just have an ultrasound to see what's going on in there...I want to know that I have a living babe!!! I have been SO tempted to use the doppler at work, but I know the odds are small of me hearing the heartbeat this early on anyway, and I don't want to give myself panic attacks if I can't find it. I'm toward the end of the DDC, so I watching all of the reports flow in...twins, singletons, healthy babies, missed miscarriages...and I wonder which category I'll be in. These next couple of weeks need to fly by!

Oh, and thanks for the diarrhea sympathy...it really sucks...like my guts HURT. They just ache. Hoping the yogurt in the smoothie will work some probiotic magic...

Jess ~ RN & student CNM, Blogger (see profile), wifey to T-Rav & momma to sons Buggy ~7/04 & Newt ~1/08 & Tad 6/19/09 & Con-man 1/11!  <3
#71 of 88 Old 05-28-2010, 05:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Joining in kind of late here, because I was clueless I was pregnant until today at 11 weeks! My IUD mysteriously disappeared to be replaced by a baby, and everything seems fine. I'm still wrapping my head around the idea that I'll have 2 kids 22 months apart now, but kind of starting to let myself get excited.
#72 of 88 Old 05-28-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
OK, for any of you who have NOT tried the smoothie featured on the Mothering home page, you HAVE TO. When nothing else sounded good, I whipped up one of these, substituting the coconut oil and whey powder with some plain lowfat yogurt and HOLY MOLEY. It's so yummy! The hint of ginger makes a world of difference!!

I wish sometimes that I could either already hear the heartbeat or just have an ultrasound to see what's going on in there...I want to know that I have a living babe!!! I have been SO tempted to use the doppler at work, but I know the odds are small of me hearing the heartbeat this early on anyway, and I don't want to give myself panic attacks if I can't find it. I'm toward the end of the DDC, so I watching all of the reports flow in...twins, singletons, healthy babies, missed miscarriages...and I wonder which category I'll be in. These next couple of weeks need to fly by!

Oh, and thanks for the diarrhea sympathy...it really sucks...like my guts HURT. They just ache. Hoping the yogurt in the smoothie will work some probiotic magic...
I know what you mean about just needing to KNOW. I felt just like that.
And now I need to go find the smoothie recipe.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#73 of 88 Old 05-28-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckittre View Post
Joining in kind of late here, because I was clueless I was pregnant until today at 11 weeks! My IUD mysteriously disappeared to be replaced by a baby, and everything seems fine. I'm still wrapping my head around the idea that I'll have 2 kids 22 months apart now, but kind of starting to let myself get excited.
Oh wow! What a surprise! Congratulations and welcome! It would be a dream for me to not know I was pregnant for the whole 1st trimester!

#74 of 88 Old 05-28-2010, 11:41 AM

I heard a heartbeat today!!!!! I don't even like dopplers, and knew it was early (I'm exactly 10 weeks today), but I've been feeling better (you know, less "pregnant") and we've had a loss in the past, and I was just *needing* to hear that little heart. And, there he was! I laughed, which caused the nurse to lose the little bean, but we found it again, and oh, what a lovely sound!
I'm not sure how it's going to go over when I now refuse the doppler at future visits. I got no flack for refusing the quad screening, but somehow got negotiated in to a "placenta check" ultrasound at 20 weeks when I declined the anatomy scan. I think I can still get out of it, especially if I can find placental sounds myself and figure out where things lie beforehand (done it before, so I feel pretty confident). We'll see, we'll see.

Whoa, McKittre! That's a shock to the system! I'm glad you're starting to get your head around it and be a bit excited. My two will be exactly 24 months apart, and the thought makes me a little ill sometimes. 22 months - ah! However, people do it all the time, and the siblings will have such a shared childhood experience, which is always a fun thing.

Annette - I know sermon prep is a time commitment, but if your hubby was excused from everything except that (maybe they could call it half a week of vacation?), would he still be available to you? Good thing there's time to sort it out, as you are going to NEED that man!

I hope everyone's gut issues chill out a bit. Ugh. I am thankfully not really afflicted, but I had a horrible three day flu thing right around the time I found out I was pregnant, and would have used diaper cream if I had thought of it! (brilliant, Cathy!) My sympathies to you mamas.

For greater things are yet to come...

#75 of 88 Old 05-28-2010, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

selkat - that is wonderful you heard a heartbeat. Well, since you got to hear yours at 10wks maybe I'll get to hear mine at 9wks 6days.

mckittre - That is a surprise. Welcome. I'm glad you could join us.

I wish I could have the smoothie. I can only have one fruit a day.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

#76 of 88 Old 05-28-2010, 03:23 PM

Aww, man! Why only one fruit, Cathy? You could probably still swing this recipe, though...might have to tweak it a little...

#77 of 88 Old 05-28-2010, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Aww, man! Why only one fruit, Cathy? You could probably still swing this recipe, though...might have to tweak it a little...
Gestational Diabetes. Seems like my body can't handle the glucose while I'm pregnant. I have been doing really well, but still crave sweetness. I think that is why I dreamt about double fisting two carmel apples with peanuts the other night. If I could only. I am going to have one big chocolate chip cookie for my birthday though. Looking forward to that.

I'm hoping when she checks my urine today my sugar won't be off the charts in my sample. It has been the last two times.

#78 of 88 Old 05-28-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Gestational Diabetes. Seems like my body can't handle the glucose while I'm pregnant. I have been doing really well, but still crave sweetness. I think that is why I dreamt about double fisting two carmel apples with peanuts the other night. If I could only. I am going to have one big chocolate chip cookie for my birthday though. Looking forward to that.

I'm hoping when she checks my urine today my sugar won't be off the charts in my sample. It has been the last two times.
Wow...GD this early on? That really sucketh. Truly. You know, yesterday I threw away two caramel apples with peanuts...my son's school had an end-of-the-year party and for some reason I just couldn't stand the sight of them and the kids didn't want them...don't hurt me...

My guts hurt so bad...I'm just miserable, and can't even fathom taking these antibiotics for another 5 1/2 days! My nausea has been particularly bad today...had the smoothie this morning and a bite of a donut hole, then later a slice of cheese and a few sips of soup...nothing seems to be doing the job today. And the diarrhea...oh, the diarrhea...and probiotics aren't helping.

#79 of 88 Old 05-28-2010, 07:26 PM

congrats on the hb selkat! It's so reassuring isn't it? I used the doppler at work last night and heard a happy 167!

mckittre - welcome and congrats! My older sis and I are 22 mo apart and I think it worked out really well. We were pretty close for almost all of our childhood.

I'm sorry so many of you are having gut issues! I have been MIA lately 'cause I got sick off of a lasagna last week and was just miserable for a few days. All this morning sickness with no vomiting, and then vomited about 7 times in less than 24 hours!

Then I was in alabama for the weekend. It was fun, but this week has been long and tiring. We have our house on the market and had another showing tonight. It is tiring to keep the house clean with homeschooling 3! But at least I seem to have seen the last of my morning sickness. I am hungry and enjoying a bunch of foods!

gotta go - dh made me steak! mmmmm! I'm craving protein and iron!

Peace and health, Jenny - Mama to my love 12/01, my lovely 7/04, and my beloved 10/06, and one angel. ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35***bellycast.gif40**
#80 of 88 Old 05-28-2010, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Wow...GD this early on? That really sucketh. Truly. You know, yesterday I threw away two caramel apples with peanuts...my son's school had an end-of-the-year party and for some reason I just couldn't stand the sight of them and the kids didn't want them...don't hurt me...

My guts hurt so bad...I'm just miserable, and can't even fathom taking these antibiotics for another 5 1/2 days! My nausea has been particularly bad today...had the smoothie this morning and a bite of a donut hole, then later a slice of cheese and a few sips of soup...nothing seems to be doing the job today. And the diarrhea...oh, the diarrhea...and probiotics aren't helping.
about the carmel apples. That's funny.

I just got back from my midwife appt. Now I can't even have fruit. She wants me to test my urine after a couple days just eating protein and veggies. I tried to say that I didn't want to get scurvy, but that didn't work because I take a vit. C supplement. No love.

I can relate, I was on probiotics for a month before I had to take the antibiotics and had the same result. The tummy issue got better for me after a couple days and just continually pooped a little every time I peed until I went off of them. I dreaded taking the next pill. It seems like forever.

Well, we didn't hear the heartbeat today, but we knew that was a possibility. So, we will go back on the 11th for a last visit before we move. We've heard and seen the heartbeat 3 times already so I'm not worried, but it would have been nice.

#81 of 88 Old 05-28-2010, 10:21 PM

Cathy, I'm sorry about the sugar.

I just sent my husband out for toffee cheese and potato chips, LOL!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#82 of 88 Old 05-28-2010, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Cathy, I'm sorry about the sugar.

I just sent my husband out for toffee cheese and potato chips, LOL!

I have been finding a lot that I can eat, but I want sugar and I want to cry and whine about it. Though I do want a smaller baby than last time. So I can't cry and whine too much.

#83 of 88 Old 05-28-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:

I have been finding a lot that I can eat, but I want sugar and I want to cry and whine about it. Though I do want a smaller baby than last time. So I can't cry and whine too much.
How big was your DS Cathy? Mine was 9.2 (c/s), and the birth center I risked out of with him (BP issues) told me it might be a good idea for me to try to make a smaller baby (there have been questions raised about the size of my pelvis...not sure I believe them or that I'd grow a baby I couldn't birth, but I have considered it). My HB MWs don't seem to be as concerned about it. I told them I'm a little bit scared of making another big baby, but I think I'd have a totally different birth experience with no induction and proper labor support, kwim? All that said, I considered trying a diabetic diet to help make a smaller baby, but I just can't get enough freaking fruit!!! Seriously, I haven't met a pineapple that I haven't eaten this pregnancy

#84 of 88 Old 05-29-2010, 02:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmama1984 View Post
How big was your DS Cathy? Mine was 9.2 (c/s), and the birth center I risked out of with him (BP issues) told me it might be a good idea for me to try to make a smaller baby (there have been questions raised about the size of my pelvis...not sure I believe them or that I'd grow a baby I couldn't birth, but I have considered it). My HB MWs don't seem to be as concerned about it. I told them I'm a little bit scared of making another big baby, but I think I'd have a totally different birth experience with no induction and proper labor support, kwim? All that said, I considered trying a diabetic diet to help make a smaller baby, but I just can't get enough freaking fruit!!! Seriously, I haven't met a pineapple that I haven't eaten this pregnancy
Mine was 10lbs and I had shoulder distocia with him. I don't have very big hips. I think the main problem was that my ex's mom had the same problem when she gave birth to him, but he was only 7lbs 10oz. It was one of my midwives hardest births and she's been doing it for 35 years. I think he might have come out fine if his shoulders weren't so wide, but who knows. My midwife thought he was going to be around 8lbs. She would have given me some herbs to try to start my labor a week or two earlier, but didn't know he was going to be so big.

#85 of 88 Old 05-29-2010, 11:55 AM

Sorry about the no-fruit thing. Are you testing your blood sugar by fingerstick or just going by the sugar in your urine? My last was 10lb 1oz and he slipped out fine but I would LOVE to have a smaller babe...somewhere in the 8lb range would be an absolute dream!

OK, so I took myself off of the antibiotics. I just can't handle them right now. They only gave them to me "just in case" so that I don't get an infection where they took out the cyst. I'm just going to keep it really clean and watch for infection and if there are any signs of infection, I'll take the antibiotics.

#86 of 88 Old 05-29-2010, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Sorry about the no-fruit thing. Are you testing your blood sugar by fingerstick or just going by the sugar in your urine? My last was 10lb 1oz and he slipped out fine but I would LOVE to have a smaller babe...somewhere in the 8lb range would be an absolute dream!

OK, so I took myself off of the antibiotics. I just can't handle them right now. They only gave them to me "just in case" so that I don't get an infection where they took out the cyst. I'm just going to keep it really clean and watch for infection and if there are any signs of infection, I'll take the antibiotics.
Just urine right now, but I ordered something to test my blood through my Kaiser nurse midwife and I'm going to take the diabetic test instead of the glucose test because I can't have any corn and they are full of corn, most likely GMO corn which I react worse to. I am going to test my urine this morning with the strips my midwife gave me yesterday. She is so cool and helpful, I wish I was staying here just so she could be my midwife, but I'm sure she'll find someone good.

#87 of 88 Old 05-30-2010, 12:11 AM

Post-sex spotting, oh, how I hate thee!!! All I want is a little lovin' every once in a while...but NOOOOO...I finally have a little relaxation and you blow it every time. I was wondering why it's been a while since we'd had sex...well, when you factor in the fear that spotting brings, it's almost counter-productive!

On the other side of life, our 8-year anniversary is June 1st! I'll be working, so we did a little date this afternoon while our oldest was at a friend's house and we just took little man with us. We went to Outback and I FINALLY got the steak and seafood that I've been craving so viciously! I had a New York Strip steak and 1/2 lb of king crab!!! Woohoo! I still have half of the steak and some veggie in the fridge, which will be either dinner tonight or lunch tomorrow. I feel so much better now.

#88 of 88 Old 05-30-2010, 11:06 AM

Happy Anniversary, starshine!

Yesterday I went out shopping to get a few things that actually FIT me. I swear, I have no preggo belly yet, but none of my clothes fit. Thank goodness for Kohls! I got 3 non-maternity long dresses that will totally work with a pregnant belly, and also got two maternity tops that should work post partum, too. I also grabbed two Be Bands from Target (one in black, and one in white) to help with the fact that my jeans wont zip. All in all, I think I spent a bit more than I planned on, but I think it was worth averting the crisis I've been having the past couple days when needing to get dressed.

Today I plan on hangin out with the fam at their vacation trailer and going swimming. Im SO glad that I bought a loose-fitting tankini last summer, because I should be able to get away with using that for a swimsuit at least for a little while longer. And it hides the pudge, too.

Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!!
Remember always those who served for our freedom. All gave some....but some gave all.

Fiona Rose  stillheart.gif12.25.10stillheart.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page