maternity panties!! who knew? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-28-2010, 01:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
with my first pregnancy i admit i thought maternity panties were silly -- when my bootie got bigger i just got a couple packs of temporary hanes her way in a larger size and kept it moving. this time i was in the maternity store and felt like splurging/exploring and got a couple packs, and oh my goodness it made a HUGE difference!! just having more gentle elastic at the waistband (one style dips down extra low in front, another actually folds down like yoga pants) made a huge difference in my comfort under my clothes (when the slightest bit of pressure on my belly made me a little nauseous)

just thought i should share, b/c when i put them on i heard the angels sing, and felt like i'd discovered the best kept secret of maternity wear. LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2010, 09:01 AM

I loved maternity undies with my last pregnancy, too :giggle:

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

Old 05-28-2010, 10:53 AM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I've never had any maternity undies with my pgs but you may have just sold me on trying some. I swear my undies have been getting so uncomfy lately.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

Old 05-28-2010, 11:03 AM

Goodness! Maternity panties were such a lifesaver for me with my last pregnancy. I had unds that actually fit and I didn't have to keep reminding myself how much bigger my rear end was getting by attempting to squeeze into my pre preggo panties. I'm buying at least a dozen pair this go around!
Old 05-28-2010, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ah. The big booty. Sigh.
I was working at an outdoor adventure/outfitting place during my last pregnancy, and we used to get these insane staff deals on Icebreaker stuff. If you don't know Icebreaker, well, you should! http://www.icebreaker.com/site/index.html
Anyway, their regular bikini cut/low rise undies are actually maternity panties in disguise. I swear. I wound up with five pairs, and happily do laundry frequently enough to keep them in circulation. It really does make a difference to have underwear that fit!
I'm curious to try some "real" maternity undies now though. Does the pair that folds down like yoga pants not feel bulky?

For greater things are yet to come...

Old 05-28-2010, 03:19 PM

Uh, I've been wearing maternity underwear since my second pregnancy It is super low cut and very soft and stretchy, I decided to make it an all the time thing.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
Old 05-28-2010, 06:13 PM

I maternity underwear. So comfy.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

Old 05-30-2010, 03:57 AM

ok, you guys have sold me. Where does one purchase such a thing online? Links, please?
Old 05-30-2010, 09:36 AM

Gap, Old Navy and Motherhood maternity all sell maternity underwear. I'm not sure about in the stores for Gap and Old Navy, as I tend to shop on their websites more than in store.

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

Old 05-30-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splath View Post
Gap, Old Navy and Motherhood maternity all sell maternity underwear. I'm not sure about in the stores for Gap and Old Navy, as I tend to shop on their websites more than in store.
I've bought maternity underwear in Old Navy, but last time I went there they didn't have much in the way of maternity so you might have to get it on-line.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

Old 05-30-2010, 11:06 PM

I bought some today! I love how they feel on my belly, but they are huge on my behind. I'm guessin' it will get bigger though, and I will be glad.

Laura, mama to J (15), N (12), E (9) , M (6), and our little caboose, R (3).
Old 05-30-2010, 11:30 PM

DDCC -

I LOVE my motherhood maternity underwear. I am 2 months PP and still wearing them, and have no desire to ever stop.

I may very well go buy more the next time I need underwear. Nobody has to know. If anybody other than my husband is looking at my underwear that closely they are probably robbing my house or they're paramedics who should be paying more attention to me and less to my underwear.

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
Old 05-31-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurata View Post
I bought some today! I love how they feel on my belly, but they are huge on my behind. I'm guessin' it will get bigger though, and I will be glad.
I bought some too, after all these rave reviews, and I feel the same. I bought the hipster style, which is what I normally wear anyway. The belly is fabulous...the butt is ENORMOUS. And I am not, like, a small-butted girl or anything.

They are comfy, but I think I might need a little more butt support or something. They are just hanging off.

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
Old 06-02-2010, 04:03 AM - Thread Starter

LOL - yeah my motherhood maternity panties fit more like tap pants or something at first. (and i am far from a small-butted girl as well as having been growing in that department since just about the moment i got my BFP, lol!) but after the first wash & dry they fit much more snugly in the rear and i am super glad i didn't purchase more in a size smaller before discovering this.

edited to add: i mentioned my new discovery to my mom and she was horrified that she had let slip this all important teaching about motherhood and pregnancy. she reacted as though i'd gone through my first pregnancy barefoot in the desert! lol.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyinmama View Post
LOL - yeah my motherhood maternity panties fit more like tap pants or something at first. (and i am far from a small-butted girl as well as having been growing in that department since just about the moment i got my BFP, lol!) but after the first wash & dry they fit much more snugly in the rear and i am super glad i didn't purchase more in a size smaller before discovering this.
Oh, that's a relief. I tried them on before washing, so maybe after going through the laundry the fit will be more reasonable!

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 

User Tag List