11w3d and possible problem... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 8 Old 05-29-2010, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I'm not really what sure to think. All I know is I'm getting more and more nervous about this. So as of today I am at 11w3d. I see my midwife for the first time on June 8. So this morning I noticed that I'm having some off colored discharge. Not really brown so I don't really think it's spotting at all, but darker than the realm of yellow...sort of a very light amber tan color. Now the amount hasn't increased, no pain, no strange odors...nothing else is out of place. Nothing makes me think infection. It just sort of popped up today too. I'm way nervous about this b/c with my first missed miscarriage at 12 weeks I had the same kind of thing happen a week or so before we found out that little one had died. Now with that pregnancy all my symptoms had gone away a few weeks prior, I just didn't know any better. So far I'm still having symptoms though they were few to begin with...sore BB's being the biggest. My appetite has been getting much better over the last couple weeks but I had put that up to the fact that I was getting closer to the end of trimester one. I AM on progesterone the time around...it's the cream and I'm getting the equivalent of 20mg two times a day. I know that progesterone can sustain an otherwise bad pregnancy, so this is where I'm starting to worry considering my past. I just don't know how much progesterone it would take either...seems like so many others are on the Rx which is much much stronger of a dose, like at least 100mg a couple times a day or higher?? It may not matter though. So yeah...I'm really kinda freaked that I'm perhaps loosing yet another little one. You can see by my sig that I'm not doing too well in the world of having babies. Any thoughts? Anyone else have something similar to this? I'm just trying to keep the hope up...
Thanks in advance...

Rachel(29)treehugger.gif Crunchy, granola wife of Matthew(30)reading.gif, DD Willow(5yrs)energy.gif, DS Ronan(2yrs) superhero.gif, Ivy Spring 12/29/2009 lost to Hydrops at 20 weeksangel3.gif, 2 other angel.gif and DS Canaan(1yr) kid.gif.  Holy Cow!!! jaw2.gifDue with someone new July 2014!!! joy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 05-29-2010, 06:47 PM

no real advice from me, but I wanted to send a hug your way! It's so hard to be pregnant after losses. I hope everything is fine and I hope you get some good reassurance soon. Can you call your midwife and check in with her? That's what they are there for! I know my midwife would rather I call and talk to her than sit at home and worry!

Peace and health, Jenny - Mama to my love 12/01, my lovely 7/04, and my beloved 10/06, and one angel. ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35***bellycast.gif40**
#3 of 8 Old 05-29-2010, 08:09 PM

I remember you...you lost your Ivy Spring about a month after I lost my daughter (who also had hydrops). Pregnancy after loss is really the pits in some ways--you don't want to get your hopes up.

In any case, about the discharge...I have had ALL kinds of weird discharge during all my pregnancies, including this one. I've definitely seen tan before (but it wasn't spotting). Pregnancy discharge is crazy. That being said, if you're really concerned about it, can you call your midwife and ask to get seen early? Most places are pretty accommodating of mamas who have had losses.

Good luck...I hope everything is fine. Keep us posted.

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 

#4 of 8 Old 05-29-2010, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Nora...I remember you too. Thanks for your input, really. I finally broke down and told DH. He's worried a bit but overall he's trying to be positive and trying to get me to be the same. I'm really trying not to worry too much but so much easier said than done. I'm hoping I'm just going through a freak out for nothing. I did try to get ahold of my midwife once today but nobody was home. I'm kind of hoping that's a "sign" that I really don't need to worry. I'm probably just silly though. Even of I did reach her by calling again sh would probably see me this Tuesday (her appointment day) and the most we could search for is a heartbeat on dopplar. Being where I am weekwise there is a decent chance she wouldn't even be able to find it yet anyways. She might send me to the ultrasound place I had to go to when we needed to confirm Ivy was gone. I actually broke down and cried in the bathroom for a bit. Fear is a crazy thing. IF this baby is gone we're looking at needing to see a RE. We said we'd give it one more time and then it was time to get some more in depth workups done. Great. They did some at the hospital when we were in to have Ivy but everything came back fine. I know a RE would look for a lot more too. We're totally homebirthing and prefer no ultrasounds and such, but looks like we would have to at least forgo the non-invasive side for at least early pregnancy from now on if that's the route we have to go. We would still push for having baby at home. We're just hoping and majorly praying all is well and that's not going to come into the picture!! So yeah...prayers would be SOOO appreciated!!! Oh and some would be great too! Ok...going to go and try to just relax a bit and watch some british comedy. We'll see...

Rachel(29)treehugger.gif Crunchy, granola wife of Matthew(30)reading.gif, DD Willow(5yrs)energy.gif, DS Ronan(2yrs) superhero.gif, Ivy Spring 12/29/2009 lost to Hydrops at 20 weeksangel3.gif, 2 other angel.gif and DS Canaan(1yr) kid.gif.  Holy Cow!!! jaw2.gifDue with someone new July 2014!!! joy.gif
#5 of 8 Old 05-30-2010, 12:50 AM

Sending big hugs and prayers for peace and a good outcome!

Massage therapist and artist, wife to English DH since 2002, Mummy to Oliver Finn 10/20/07 and Eamon Anthony 12/2/2010
#6 of 8 Old 05-30-2010, 01:04 AM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I hope everything is ok.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#7 of 8 Old 05-30-2010, 07:45 PM

Hi

I know how you feel and i also lost a baby to fetal hydrops with cystic hygroma at about 14 weeks. I have also been having the same feelings about loss as you. I don't think the ammount of progesterone you are on would stop you from misscarrying but you never know. i take a progesterone pill and I am on 300mg a day. It is really unnerving not knowing if the baby is Ok. Maybe you can go to your midwife and have her check you with the doppler just for reassurance. I am going to see my DR on tuesday just to hear the heartbeat. I have chosen to stay with the DR until after the nuchal translucency because that is when we found out about the state of our baby last time. She dies shortly after discovering the hydrops and hygroma and I just felt better waiting till then before switching to my midwife. Good luck to you and I hope you find get some reassurance soon.

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#8 of 8 Old 05-31-2010, 03:40 PM

Hi mama, that is spotting mixed with discharge. I had it with all my pregnancies and m/cs. With my dd I had it before and after dark brown spotting for weeks and everything was fine. With my son, I had brown spotting (and amber between) for 6 weeks and he was fine. With my m/c, I had amber, brown, pink then red (all within several hours) at 9 weeks.

Docs freak about spotting (as do us mamas), but I think it is much, much more common and benign than most believe. But, I know it's nerve wracking.

Blessed helpmeet to my man, mama to Cody, Sarai & newly born Rebekah

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page