*~Weekly Chit Chat 5/30 - 6/5~* - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 64 Old 06-05-2010, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:major whining vent ahead:

I am having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day and it's not even 11am. My husband had to work, my kids woke up extra early and I didn't get much sleep because crazy dreams kept waking me up all night. I turned on a cartoon for the kids and went back to bed (I've done it before and they do very well). Well, not today. I woke up 45" later to the smell of finger nail polish. I go down stairs and the floor (we just moved here and the carpet is all brand new and light tan in color) is covered in foam Christmas decoration things that my daughter has been wanting to craft (including little pieces of "gems", fuzz balls, etc) and my children are covered in fingernail polish, on their skin. My children (4 and 2) have very sensitive skin and terrible eczema. Then I see a big pool of polish on the carpet. I just started bawling. I cried for like 15 minutes straight, it kind of freaked my kids out, because I am not typically a crier. So now, 2.5ish hours later, they still haven't picked up the craft stuff so that I can vacuum and figure out what to do with the carpet and get them into a bath to try and get this off without more harsh chemicals on their skin! I am an angry, sad, and frustrated mom right now. I want to send my kids away and take like a week vacation. Maybe my parents want a visit next weekend. Ugg. None of this is helped by the fact that I can't keep any pills down so I haven't had my fish oil in weeks and it really helps my mood. I'm not eating well at all and I can't keep my prenatal down either so I am dealing with nutritional deficiencies as well. Ugg, I just needed to get this out of me. Sorry to dump it here!

:end vent:

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#62 of 64 Old 06-05-2010, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post
:major whining vent ahead:

I am having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day and it's not even 11am. My husband had to work, my kids woke up extra early and I didn't get much sleep because crazy dreams kept waking me up all night. I turned on a cartoon for the kids and went back to bed (I've done it before and they do very well). Well, not today. I woke up 45" later to the smell of finger nail polish. I go down stairs and the floor (we just moved here and the carpet is all brand new and light tan in color) is covered in foam Christmas decoration things that my daughter has been wanting to craft (including little pieces of "gems", fuzz balls, etc) and my children are covered in fingernail polish, on their skin. My children (4 and 2) have very sensitive skin and terrible eczema. Then I see a big pool of polish on the carpet. I just started bawling. I cried for like 15 minutes straight, it kind of freaked my kids out, because I am not typically a crier. So now, 2.5ish hours later, they still haven't picked up the craft stuff so that I can vacuum and figure out what to do with the carpet and get them into a bath to try and get this off without more harsh chemicals on their skin! I am an angry, sad, and frustrated mom right now. I want to send my kids away and take like a week vacation. Maybe my parents want a visit next weekend. Ugg. None of this is helped by the fact that I can't keep any pills down so I haven't had my fish oil in weeks and it really helps my mood. I'm not eating well at all and I can't keep my prenatal down either so I am dealing with nutritional deficiencies as well. Ugg, I just needed to get this out of me. Sorry to dump it here!

:end vent:
mama. And I thought I was having a bad day. I'm just totally stressing about moving our stuff twice. No patience today at all. I want to be in NC already.

I am excited that I am 11 weeks today. That makes me feel a little better.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#63 of 64 Old 06-06-2010, 12:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
: big hug for both of you!

i totally know about sleepping in and letting the kids watch tv. i do it too. i hope tommorow is a better day and you get some rest tonight

mama to Alex 20 Briana 16 Cory 10 and Jade 3Tubes tied and regret it
#64 of 64 Old 06-06-2010, 12:36 PM

Thanks you guys! Cathy, we just moved in Dec/Jan and it was only about a 50 miles move, but it was still really stressful, I can't imagine across the country!! I hope it goes as smoothly as possible!

I have amazing parents. I talked to my mom and she could tell I was not in a good place so her and my dad came and got the kids and kept them last night and are going to keep them tonight as well!! I really just needed a break! I have client meetings, but I should have lots of time to get some work done on the house. It's such a mess, it's been driving me nuts! It just sucks that my husband has to work today, I'd love spending the day with him. He worked 7 days this week, over 80 hours. Plus he has to work all next week as well, I feel so bad for him!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page