Appointment thread - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 98 Old 07-09-2010, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I go on Monday and I'm 15 wks tomorrow. Last time we had us do the anat scan at 20 weeks which I'm sure I'll schedule now but I'm going to pay $25 OOT and get one done at 17/18 weeks to determine sex cuz I'm dying to know boy or girl!
#92 of 98 Old 07-10-2010, 05:20 PM

Congrats Jaime!

My appt. was canceled due to a birth. So, my second appointment is now July 23.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#93 of 98 Old 07-11-2010, 07:36 PM

I got my next apt Aug 4
i will be 18 weeks
hoping that my u.s willbe around that day to

loving wife of 10 years, stay at home mom to
Sam 05 Isaac 06 Melody 08Baby #4 2010
#94 of 98 Old 07-13-2010, 03:43 PM

I have my 4th appointment on Monday, July 19th with the NP. Kaiser doesn't do the anatomy scan until 18-20 weeks. I will probably be going out of town this weekend to get gender u/s done, because people pitched in for it. More people out of the family want to know the gender than we do! Very weird...kinda funny.

I know they'll want to do the second part of the blood work for the screening. I got a letter in the mail about a week ago from the State telling me it was time.

Poly sahm of 4 girls, 1 boy, and 1 surprise due 12/24/10!
#95 of 98 Old 07-13-2010, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
THE BIG DAY TODAY!!!!! BP slightly elevated but not enough that anyone appears to be concerned.

Baby is a happy, healthy BOY!

Apparently he measures about 10 days ahead of his dates...but they are not changing the ETA because his 8 week scan looked right-on. Then the tech made a comment that it was mostly his arm and leg bones that measure ahead....

doc looked over at my 6 ft. DH and asked if the rest of his family is tall and he said he is 2nd SHORTEST of his 6 brothers. Doctor smiled and said everything's fine.

So I'm gestating another tall one. And he left absolutely no question that he is a BOY.

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#96 of 98 Old 07-14-2010, 01:33 AM

Anatomy scan on Aug 4th for me. That will be 19 weeks and 1 day. Using the dopplar at todays appointment we could hear the baby moving. LOL It lets me know that what I thought was the baby moving, is the baby moving. Active little one.
#97 of 98 Old 07-14-2010, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinzoo View Post
Anatomy scan on Aug 4th for me. That will be 19 weeks and 1 day. Using the dopplar at todays appointment we could hear the baby moving. LOL It lets me know that what I thought was the baby moving, is the baby moving. Active little one.
I've noticed that too, it's awesome to listen/hear the movement!
#98 of 98 Old 08-21-2010, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
FOUND THIS!

Appt. today with CPM. BP NORMAL HOORAY!!!! (I seriously credit my new approach to discipline, it's on the GD board, and it's totally freeing. ) (the last appt. it was high the first time, normal with rest.)

For the 2nd time, MW did something called a diaphragmatic release. I STILL am not sure exactly what it does as I really can't tell--one hand under my back, one on top feeling where baby is and movement. All I know is the baby has been in a funky position for 2 appts. in a row, probably due to slipping on mud one time and water the second while wearing flip-flops that have no traction left on them.

While she (or her apprentice this time) does this, I can feel movement from baby quite a bit--whehter that's because I'm just laying there and have nothing else to do but feel the baby or if it's because of what's being done, I don't know.

I also know that afterward today, I felt him kick up high rather than down low where all the movement had been the last couple days. AND midwife said she got a much better feeling that the head was down and he'd moved into a better position.

Other than that, all is very well. I have yeast but that's not surprising, it's typical for me in pregnancy.

And for the 3rd appt, in a row, I measure big. But nobody cares because I have had an ultrasound where the tech commented on his *length* measuring 'ahead' not weight.....and the doctor took one look at DH, asked him if the rest of his family was tall....she was informed that he has 5 brothers *taller* than him and he is 6 feet. Well....she then said "It's a tall baby."

I have absolutely no sign of GD which would be the other reason I might measure big.

So we are operating under the theory that he is tall and making room for himself. And that seems to make sense as I feel big but it's all up-and-down, like a tall baby who is taking up more space vertically than the others.
and he is high, which I knew.

I still wish I could tell what they do about where his back/spine is, etc.

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page